Portola Springs new home sites

SunCare said:
I can't seem to open the links with the PS docs.  Are they still working or did the MAN shut them down?

I believe the direct links to the PDF file used temporary cache address on the city server. Use the link below and click away.

http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/SIREPUB/meeting.aspx?cabinet=published_meetings&docid=1068945

Click on the last PDF file for Tract 17488 for the new tracts in Portola Springs.

How many more years will Portola Springs be built out?  any open space like Tustin Ranch for hiking?

Portola Springs is actually a huge area... not only the under development land east of Lambert Ranch, but also land south of Portola.

It will probably be a few more years depending on the demand... but then again someone told me that TIC doesn't delay or more forward home building based on market conditions. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
The William Lyon Homes development is Agave.
So is test related to Lyon or not? Seems like it. :)

i dont think test is william lyon.  promotes all things tustin - standard pacific's new development next year in tustin, the new shopping center of Kensington/Edinger in tustin, bashed WL products in Woodbridge and over by UCI. but then does provide some info on irvine products.

we should come up with a fund to give to Test if he reveals who he/she works for. Ill put in the first $100.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:

i dont think test is william lyon.  promotes all things tustin - standard pacific's new development next year in tustin, the new shopping center of Kensington/Edinger in tustin, bashed WL products in Woodbridge and over by UCI. but then does provide some info on irvine products.

we should come up with a fund to give to Test if he reveals who he/she works for. Ill put in the first $100.

Is that already happening?

homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:

Is that already happening?

no they have not started the shopping the center, i think their announcement was actually an exclusive period to negotiate the building of a shopping center.  you would think though something the size of tustin legacy would have its own shoppinng center ala irvine villages.  what they are progressing nicely is on though is the tustin ranch road extension, looks like they prepping edinger to start building the connector over edinger, they already have the onramp (not paved yet though) to be able to get on Tustin Ranch road when heading east on Edinger.  and every time i go to target at the district they seem to be working on that end to finish tustin ranch road.

While he will tell us about other builders and projects, he always has images, floorplans and detailed information from William Lyon... so I'm sticking to my Lyon connection.

I have to look back but where did he bash The Branches project?

he bashed the the branches in the branches and/or alderwood thread, dont remember if there are two threads or the same one. i remember the bashing because up to that point i also thought he was WL.

irvinehomeowner said:
While he will tell us about other builders and projects, he always has images, floorplans and detailed information from William Lyon... so I'm sticking to my Lyon connection.

I have to look back but where did he bash The Branches project?

Have we ruled out that he might be some sort of ninjaneer/computer hacker/jedi-googler that uses his powers for nothing else other than to get into the servers of Irvine home builders to provide information for these boards?

does anyone know if there is open space/ hiking trails that Portola Springs plans to build?
Thanks

http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/21-southern-california/5051-colibri-portola-springs.html

Plan1b_zps0ec7bdb9.jpg

Plan1_zps760e7773.jpg

Plan1a_zps1a55c98d.jpg

I believe these are the motorcourts in tract 17492 from above

I will never ever ever live in a motorcourt home again... ever! ..............................................ever!!

I kinda like this plan 1 on paper (other floorplans for 2 and 3 not avail).  1 bedroom down, dining nook (refuse to call these rooms), small vaulted ceiling entrance effect, private bedrooms upstairs, window in master toilet (humor), no vampire tubs, big master bedroom (?).  Seems pretty efficient.

I agree with PS9, it's not bad compared to the other motorcourt plans in Irvine... at least it looks like there is a driveway.

Other pluses are it has a walk-in pantry, the laundry room on the 2nd floor is 2-sided with a sink (folding space in your laundry room is sooooo convenient) and the master bath has a vanity area for me to do my hair and makeup.

Now if they can throw a loft up on the 2nd floor (probably Plan 2 or 3)... that would be better.

For a smallish home (1,875 sqft), it sure packs a punch.  It has pretty much everything as far as the floorplan goes.  I imagine it could feel cramped and the secondary bedrooms are tiny, but that'll make the kids move out faster :p

As for that motorcourt...blah

Ryland_zpsd8537b93.jpg

Looking at the village map again.. 6 homes on the south end will have driveways to an actual street instead of a motorcourt.. some choice lots on the northern borders with usable yards.. homes in the middle (especially at the end of the 3 deep motorcourt) will be surround by 8 homes!  yikes..

Irvine_Dreamer said:
I thought master bedroom on top of garage is a no no.
When upstair hallway is that long, the plan is not so efficient.
Master over the kitchen (stove/range being above where the bed is) is a bigger no no.

Back