Parasol Park

e9cc5e_4ed5e61813ee447bb74a084b91eeee6d~mv2.jpg

Here's a Parasol Park's map from at another thread.  Just want to post it here for reference.

Pretty cool floor plans and exterior design. If it had a 2 car garage +1 tandem, that would be pretty nice. Even nicer with a driveway.

Here's Obsidian residence 2's floor plan.  I actually like this floor plan and probably my favorite one out of the three.  This is probably one of few 3 story home I would consider. 

Attachments

• Obsidian plan 2 fp.jpg
    Obsidian plan 2 fp.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 3,417
Obsidian has an interesting 3 story design but I shutter to think of the repair/maintenance costs of an elevator.

that 3 story floorplan is awful imo.  that first one posted, essentially there are two floors that are just one single room.

Obsidian has an elevator?  ???

IMHO I would only take the elevator to go from floor one to floor three.  Then there's waiting for the elevator and the doors to open.  I would've preferred empty space instead of the elevator or bigger bathroom etc...  The elevator seems to take up a lot of space.  Even more than what it uses.  Props for them trying something different though. 

very uban / playa vista feel with many of these units.

would be an eventual "hit" when the retail space at base camp finishes... until then it'll be quite pricey. it's a toss up if it'll do well like those playa vista detach condos though given this is Irvine and not LA

anyways, Obsidian is should do very well with a certain segment though. at the end of it, it'll come down to price

lnc said:
Here's Obsidian residence 2's floor plan.  I actually like this floor plan and probably my favorite one out of the three.  This is probably one of few 3 story home I would consider.

any reason why? this one seems to be for a very specific usage scenario (two master bedrooms, with one downstairs one) and there's less deck/porch/patio space compare to the other two plans. anyways someone should probably start an obsidian thread.. i'm rather interested in these myself.

capboba said:
lnc said:
any reason why? this one seems to be for a very specific usage scenario (two master bedrooms, with one downstairs one) and there's less deck/porch/patio space compare to the other two plans. anyways someone should probably start an obsidian thread.. i'm rather interested in these myself.

I feel with the plan 2, you got basically everything you need and can have most daily activity in just two of three floors, 2nd and 3rd.  With bedrooms and a loft at 3rd, kitchen,great room, one more BR (can be use as a flex room, be a den or kid's play room etc) at 2nd, you got everything you need here.  The occasional guest/in laws suite (a very generous size one, they call it 2nd master BR) is tuck away all the way down at the first floor which you will only pass by it when coming in and out of the house and seldom need to go back down there.  With 3 story home, I guess you will try to avoid going back and forth between all these floor as much as you can.

The plan 1 does not have a loft or bonus room like the others and the first floor living room feel like it will be under utilized.  However, this might be a good multi generation home though. 

The plan 3 with the 3rd floor bonus room and deck is really really cool.  But it's just that I prefer a loft and bedroom at same floor and with a bonus room at 3rd, kitchen/great room at first,  I feel like you will end up constantly climbing back and forth between floors.  But that's what that elevator is for right?

And yes, we should start a Obsidian thread.

lnc said:
capboba said:
lnc said:

I feel with the plan 2, you got basically everything you need and can have most daily activity in just two of three floors, 2nd and 3rd.  With bedrooms and a loft at 3rd, kitchen,great room, one more BR (can be use as a flex room, be a den or kid's play room etc) at 2nd, you got everything you need here.  The occasional guest/in laws suite (a very generous size one, they call it 2nd master BR) is tuck away all the way down at the first floor which you will only pass by it when coming in and out of the house and seldom need to go back down there.  With 3 story home, I guess you will try to avoid going back and forth between all these floor as much as you can.

The plan 1 does not have a loft or bonus room like the others and the first floor living room feel like it will be under utilized.  However, this might be a good multi generation home though. 

The plan 3 with the 3rd floor bonus room and deck is really really cool.  But it's just that I prefer a loft and bedroom at same floor and with a bonus room at 3rd, kitchen/great room at first,  I feel like you will end up constantly climbing back and forth between floors.  But that's what that elevator is for right?

And yes, we should start a Obsidian thread.

I've lived in a Plan 2 situation before and it sucked.  Having your living spaces on the 2nd floor but the garage/entry on the first was a whole lot of schlepping. I supposed the elevator would make it better.  I prefer (and really like - on paper anyway) the Plan 3. 

Plan 2 seems useful for multigenerational family with grandparents on the first floor. Laundry is on 3rd floor, maybe less suited for roommates/tenants. The bedrooms on 3rd floor will also be a lot hotter.

Rizdak said:
Plan 2 seems useful for multigenerational family with grandparents on the first floor. Laundry is on 3rd floor, maybe less suited for roommates/tenants. The bedrooms on 3rd floor will also be a lot hotter.

Being on the 3rd floor they should get a decent breeze, no?

I wonder what the warranty situation is on residential elevators.

Rizdak said:

actually I believe there's a stacking W/D on the first floor 2nd master for the grandparents. good thought since 3rd floor laundry would be a bitch.

capboba said:
Rizdak said:

actually I believe there's a stacking W/D on the first floor 2nd master for the grandparents. good thought since 3rd floor laundry would be a bitch.

Oh, you're right. My bad, I mistook it for a linen closet.  :p 

Back