Parasol Park

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
They should use the Obsidian floor plans more

I really dislike the angular bend in those houses since it is an inefficient use of space. It limits what you can do with your square footage. The units with an elevator really is just a gimmick.

Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I really dislike the angular bend in those houses since it is an inefficient use of space. It limits what you can do with your square footage. The units with an elevator really is just a gimmick.

Have you been inside lived in units? There's no inefficiencies really. Feels open and at same time you get more privacy in the back angled section. Elevator is a plus to many.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Elevator is a plus to many.

I see it as a negative, more maintenance.  Do personal residential elevators need to be signed off every few years like the ones we see in public elevators.  What if you went into the elevator without your phone (you are at home) and the elevator stops working.  Is there a landline in there?  What if you got it for your inlaws who are older and they get stuck and no one else at home, and due to stress...well as qwerty would say its their time.  >:D

akkord said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I see it as a negative, more maintenance.  Do personal residential elevators need to be signed off every few years like the ones we see in public elevators.  What if you went into the elevator without your phone (you are at home) and the elevator stops working.  Is there a landline in there?  What if you got it for your inlaws who are older and they get stuck and no one else at home, and due to stress...well as qwerty would say its their time.  >:D

I can see why it is useful but there are way more negatives for me. I went on the one in the model home and it was clunky to get it started. It took, no joke, a full minute to move from 1st to 2nd floor and another minute to the 3rd floor. An elderly could probably crawl the stairs faster.

akkord said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Finally someone gets me :)

USCTrojanCPA said:
How about this...buy single level or two level property where there is no need for an elevator.

Find me a single story 2000 sqft home in Irvine... under $1m too.

Oh and beach view please. I heard you can work miracles. :p

Edit: 2016 or newer too please!

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
How about this...buy single level or two level property where there is no need for an elevator.

Find me a single story 2000 sqft home in Irvine... under $1m too.

Oh and beach view please. I heard you can work miracles. :p

Edit: 2016 or newer too please!

I work wonder, but I don't do miracles. :p  Those don't exist in Irvine because single story homes trade at a premium price per SF compared to their two story counterparts because they are rare birds. I'm sure glad I bought one. Singe story homes FTW! :D

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Have you been inside lived in units? There's no inefficiencies really. Feels open and at same time you get more privacy in the back angled section. Elevator is a plus to many.

I live close by and walk my dog by these streets, and know few neighbors that live here. the angles even tho seem not to do much for the owners of the house, it does provide much better privacy factor for next house and the angle also allowed them to have deck areas without looking at each other like most houses here are.  But for 1.2+ million, and no drive way seems to be my thing with these houses. But not everyone is so into drive ways these days I guess and the extra open parking space with 2 car garage seem to make up for it too !

newPParker said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
  But for 1.2+ million, and no drive way seems to be my thing with these houses. But not everyone is so into drive ways these days I guess and the extra open parking space with 2 car garage seem to make up for it too !

Uhh, 1.2 million?  More like, 1.6 million err wait fuck 1 million
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Bosque-92618/home/172074086
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/130-Catalyst-92618/home/170540009

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
newPParker said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
  But for 1.2+ million, and no drive way seems to be my thing with these houses. But not everyone is so into drive ways these days I guess and the extra open parking space with 2 car garage seem to make up for it too !

Uhh, 1.2 million?  More like, 1.6 million err wait fuck 1 million
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Bosque-92618/home/172074086
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/130-Catalyst-92618/home/170540009
How does this differ from all of the other ones that I regularly see between $1.1 & $1.3B - all 3 stories, minimal backyard, but generally around 3K feet?  I can't keep straight all of the different 3 story units at GP these days.  I have from time to time wondered if the rooftop is actually really cool or if I'd never use the darn thing at all. 

Back