Padova in Orchard Hills

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Good time to bring up a some quick financial 2 cents. Obviously only the buyer can decide what they want to spend for their quality of life. From a financial perspective for Padova you?ll want to max out landscaping around 50s, and inside around 150. Beyond that your RoI starts taking a nosedive when it comes to resell as no one wants to pay you that much for a Padova. There?s one that?s been sitting around on and out of escrow a few times as a cautionary tale.

Really good insight, and I agree 100%.  The large incentive Shea offered ultimately drove me to pick Padova over Palermo.

trematix said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Good time to bring up a some quick financial 2 cents. Obviously only the buyer can decide what they want to spend for their quality of life. From a financial perspective for Padova you?ll want to max out landscaping around 50s, and inside around 150. Beyond that your RoI starts taking a nosedive when it comes to resell as no one wants to pay you that much for a Padova. There?s one that?s been sitting around on and out of escrow a few times as a cautionary tale.

is that the Plan 4 corner lot with the nice pool and landscaping? They had it listed i believe for 2.3 but seems like it's in escrow unless it came out. I was told they spent over 400k in landscaping alone and over 250k in upgrades.

It's a beautiful home, lots of upgrades, pool, but its so darn close to the toll road. A lot of the homes in Phase 1 Padova are an earshot away from the toll, hence they all have major water features or pools in their backyards.

iacrenter said:
Is the toll road noise that bad? I thought TIC built a giant dirt berm, walls, and trees.

I saw it and they had music playing in the house and in the backyard along with the water features going so you couldn't hear much of anything else.

Chegg said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Really good insight, and I agree 100%.  The large incentive Shea offered ultimately drove me to pick Padova over Palermo.

Would you be able to PM me what incentives they offered?

trematix said:
Chegg said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I was able to get one of my buyers a design center credit of $125k for their Padova home.

trematix said:
Chegg said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Any incentives people tell you they got would no longer apply fyi. They have gone down since the height of covid scare back in march.

And yes I was referring to the royal pine house. It was originally listed long ago at like 2.7 before they canceled and tried again at 2.5. I wonder what the current offer they went into escrow for is. Might be taking a loss at this point after fees and everything. Its definitely a nice house though. Some of the design choices and colors they chose could have been more universally appealing.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
And yes I was referring to the royal pine house. It was originally listed long ago at like 2.7 before they canceled and tried again at 2.5. I wonder what the current offer they went into escrow for is. Might be taking a loss at this point after fees and everything. Its definitely a nice house though. Some of the design choices and colors they chose could have been more universally appealing.

Yea i agree. Just felt the lack of office and/or loft affected it for us personally and the fact they paid 50% of their home value in landscaping and upgrades alone, I just didnt feel it was worth it at that price basically. Was the backyard nice? Heck yea but would I pay 450k for it on a $1.5 house? hell no.

trematix said:
Chegg said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I was able to get $125K with a base price of $1.475M.  I believe they've since cut back on the incentives offered. now it's at $75K-$100K and increased the base price of their home by $10K-$20K.

I also bought in Padova, but found the design center limiting.  There weren't options to allow full porcelain slabs and or other type of countertop options.  Did anyone opt to install vinyl (reduce effort to demo tile) or go aftermarket on carpet?

I think may end up going with builder for 1st floor but looking at options for nicer styles for bathroom and upstairs flooring.

variable229 said:
I also bought in Padova, but found the design center limiting.  There weren't options to allow full porcelain slabs and or other type of countertop options.  Did anyone opt to install vinyl (reduce effort to demo tile) or go aftermarket on carpet?

I think may end up going with builder for 1st floor but looking at options for nicer styles for bathroom and upstairs flooring.

We just finished up our cut off 3 and found their countertop options pretty good - granted, we knew we wanted to go w/ a quartz product.

Is going with Vinyl an option? We have not finalized our flooring options, and plan to have the flooring done after COE.

Scratch that, Vinyl is not an option. I checked w/ our designer and she said it was not available and they had no supplier. Bummer.

mhanism said:
Scratch that, Vinyl is not an option. I checked w/ our designer and she said it was not available and they had no supplier. Bummer.

try to get the free standard carpet everywhere then. that is the easiest to remove when you go to upgrade after close of escrow.

Flooring through Shea is insanely expensive...

Provenza Pompeii Oak floors (downstairs/upstairs) + top tier carpet on stairs + medium tier files for bathrooms was around $60K+

Do any of you have an idea on how much it'd cost going through a contractor?  An estimate price per sqft.

Call Venetian, Eric can probably give you a ROM estimate over the phone if you know your flooring type (sounds like you do).  Make sure you let him know there?s going to be demo of standard tiles if that?s the case.

aquabliss said:
Call Venetian, Eric can probably give you a ROM estimate over the phone if you know your flooring type (sounds like you do).  Make sure you let him know there?s going to be demo of standard tiles if that?s the case.

Better yet, call Reza at hardwood flooring depot in Irvine. He was 20% cheaper than Venetian on the exact same provenza wood. And they did the job faster than Venetian was going to do it in.

Chegg said:

Provenza Pompeii Oak floors (downstairs/upstairs) + top tier carpet on stairs + medium tier files for bathrooms was around $60K+

Do any of you have an idea on how much it'd cost going through a contractor?  An estimate price per sqft.

BUT WAIT, there?s more......windows covering, shutters, decent grade for an average homes windows through out the house up/down floors will set you back 14-19K.

Landscaping, flooring, windows shutters, closets premium, are the pricy items after closed escrow. Ah the fun of spending money :)

Compressed-Village said:
Chegg said:

BUT WAIT, there?s more......windows covering, shutters, decent grade for an average homes windows through out the house up/down floors will set you back 14-19K.

Landscaping, flooring, windows shutters, closets premium, are the pricy items after closed escrow. Ah the fun of spending money :)

LOL, ahhh yes, this will be our 2nd new build, coincidentally with Shea as well...  Speaking of windows, my wife is opting for drapery this time around vs. shutters, any referrals on drapes?  Also for custom closets, it seems like the consensus around the forum is cabinets plus?

Chegg said:

I got the same insane design price of $70K to do wood 1st and 2nd fl plush carpet upgrade.  I did a quick search outside and got a quote for demo (carpet) + new pad + install for under $6/foot; installed in 1 day. -- all the options for tiling and flooring are pretty high IMHO.

Back