Other stores check (grocery, Target, etc)

USCTrojanCPA said:
I need to get a haircut soon, I'm starting to look like a hippie.  I may have to pick up a Flowbee if the lock down continues. haha
https://www.flowbee.com/

I cut my own hair 2 times now. Just take the plunge and Youtube how to do it with clippers. It gets easier. Coming out of isolation I probably won't pay for someone to cut it anymore when I can do a comparable job for free versus $30.

Did my weekly grocery shopping at Albertsons and Trader Joes this morning.  Trader Joes was pretty much stocked up with everything and so was Albertsons except for a few things that were either gone or had very few items left...TP, paper towels, rice, sugar, flour, Hagen Daz ice cream, and get this...cake mix. They had plenty of store baked cookies and cakes near the produce section though, maybe people are baking more cakes at home.

Yeah... cake mix was short at Target but Ralphs had a lot.

Based on the news about Covid issues with meat plant workers, we may see less meat in the coming weeks... not just because of lower production but probably hoarders (like with TP).

cut my own hair through few years of college.

a sheer thinner, a buzzer, #1 near the neck, #2 near above, and then eventually #3 will do the job on the side, then haircutting down to 1" with a thinning sheer will probably do the trick in most cases.

but eh... sometimes you may miss a spot, or two.. or three.

and then the clean up is a big mess unless you have a good, wide-open space in your house... I no longer does though....

will probably have to live with #1 for the side burns for the time being. :p

edit: Please note, if you are not a professional... like I am ... it's easier to start with the longer hair you want to save, then move down.

This means you actually go with the opposite of what I mentioned. top hair first. higher mm buzzer setting around the head, then gradually lower the mm toward the bottom

easier to blend hair this way.... starting with longer hair will allow more room for mistakes.

irvinehomeowner said:
Just buzz it all... or be follicle-challenged like me. :)

I barely grow facial hair, but has lots of thick hair on my head.

to the point that if the buzzer is not sharp, it will literally stop less powerful buzzer from moving XD

Lots of people baking from scratch. Flour is hard to find a times. Yeast is pretty much impossible.

Saw a family of 4 do a Costco outing today.

Target finally made drive up 100% contactless. You drive up, pop your trunk, they drop in the stuff and you drive off. Nothing to sign or scan.

bones said:
Lots of people baking from scratch. Flour is hard to find a times. Yeast is pretty much impossible.

Saw a family of 4 do a Costco outing today.

Target finally made drive up 100% contactless. You drive up, pop your trunk, they drop in the stuff and you drive off. Nothing to sign or scan.

Good thing that I try to keep the carbs down so no cake or cookies for me. As long as I have eggs, butter, meat, bacon, peanut/almond butter, and nuts I'm good to go.

Innosint said:
irvinehomeowner said:

to the point that if the buzzer is not sharp, it will literally stop less powerful buzzer from moving XD

Sounds like you know your way around a trimmer, if I can't get a haircut in the next month I may have you drop by to give me a haircut.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
Innosint said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Sounds like you know your way around a trimmer, if I can't get a haircut in the next month I may have you drop by to give me a haircut.  haha

I can't guarantee no bald spots XD

well the trick is to start long, cut shorter, it's easier to cover up the oppsies if you have longer hair to work with/blend into

shoot..... I just realized my last post was kinda miss leading. probably gotta go back and edit it.

Add "bikes" to the shortage list.

I was at Target the other day buying snacks and I look over near the toy section and the entire bike rack was bare.

Local bike stores have a lot of inventory (well, of the more expensive bikes)... I was at Irvine Bicycles to get a tune-up and looking for a helmet but the line was long (lots of people getting their bikes serviced).

And yes, at Target, it was low on cake mix and no flour... everyone is baking in.

Went to Albertson's, protocols are more stringent.

Aisles are supposed to be one way (there are signs on the floor) and now there is a single line for checkout ala Costco and Target.

I see those one way signs on the floor as well but nobody abides by it and nobody wants to call out the violators.

I even still see people without face masks in Ralph?s.  At Trader Joe?s the guy at the door won?t let you in without one, but at Ralph?s there?s no crypt keeper, I mean gate keeper.

aquabliss said:
I see those one way signs on the floor as well but nobody abides by it and nobody wants to call out the violators.

I even still see people without face masks in Ralph?s.  At Trader Joe?s the guy at the door won?t let you in without one, but at Ralph?s there?s no crypt keeper, I mean gate keeper.

Pavillions at OH will stop you from entering if you don't have a mask.

Was at Tustin Ranch Costco this evening around closing time, they were announcing that face covering would be mandatory starting May 4th. They will provide face mask if you don't have one the 1st week of enforcement. Yes TP was in stock :)
Overheard one of the associate mentioning to the other that returns spiked up in last 2 days, not sure if all those water, rice and hoarded stock is being returned. 

aquabliss said:

I wasn't aware of the one way signs and a worker at Walmart called me out.

irvinehomeowner said:
Picked up some hand sanitizer at Target yesterday... has anyone else seen more supply available?

I ordered the gel from this place:
https://www.pulsetv.com/prodinfo.asp?ss=ac&number=9106A

They usually have it in stock, just takes a few days for shipping so plan ahead, but I can confirm they are a legit online retailer.

Whoah. That?s expensive... $19.99 for 2 8oz bottles.

Wanted to check other stores, so went to Ralph?s since I was picking up lunch for the kids at McDs and they had 2 brands of hand sanitizer (8oz size) available, got the 70% alcohol one (the other was 62%), $3.49 each (lower alcohol was $2.99), limit 2 per customer.

It?s interesting that there are still paper product shortages at Target and grocery stores.

Unlike meat processing, I thought production was meeting demand.

Back