Other stores check (grocery, Target, etc)

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Haven?t been to Target for a while, but it looks like they started doing the line to get in to limit number of people in the store.

And like grocery stores and Costco, they have huge plexiglass dividers at the checkouts.

Walmart is a bit behind, the ones they have are so small. I wonder what companies are supplying all these plexiglass shields.

That is your opinion. Why do you not take about Walmart prices? When I compare Walmart to Target. It seems to me Walmart is better priced. Such as tooth paste.

Unsure what you are saying here. All I'm talking about is their social distancing protocols... the Spectrum Walmart shields at the cashier are so small compared to Target, Costco and the grocery stores.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Haven%u2019t been to Target for a while, but it looks like they started doing the line to get in to limit number of people in the store.

And like grocery stores and Costco, they have huge plexiglass dividers at the checkouts.

Walmart is a bit behind, the ones they have are so small. I wonder what companies are supplying all these plexiglass shields.

That is your opinion. Why do you not take about Walmart prices? When I compare Walmart to Target. It seems to me Walmart is better priced. Such as tooth paste.

Unsure what you are saying here. All I'm talking about is their social distancing protocols... the Spectrum Walmart shields at the cashier are so small compared to Target, Costco and the grocery stores.

Walmart grocery app retained the number 1 position across all shopping apps in the US.

Walmart has an app that you can order it and pick up
Walmart has an unlimited delivery service for 12.95 a month

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Haven%u2019t been to Target for a while, but it looks like they started doing the line to get in to limit number of people in the store.

Walmart grocery app retained the number 1 position across all shopping apps in the US.

Walmart has an app that you can order it and pick up
Walmart has an unlimited delivery service for 12.95 a month

For pick up. No subscription fee required not like other grocery stores.

Still missing the point, I was talking about their cashier shields at the Irvine Spectrum location... not as good as the Costco and Target ones.

irvinehomeowner said:
Still missing the point, I was talking about their cashier shields at the Irvine Spectrum location... not as good as the Costco and Target ones.

Missing the point? I think your whole life is missing the point.
Who gives a fuck about a shield. People want cheap groceries and an option to pick up their groceries. Costco does not have that option.

Also, you would not discuss the prices between Walmart and Target. Why not? Because I am spot on.

Apparently the US people like that idea since it is the #1 shopping app as of today or around this time.

Walmart is limiting/counting people for capacity due to covid.

qwerty said:
Sounds like eyephone is long in Walmart :)

Haha

Since we are talking about Walmart. There is a Sams Club membership deal on Groupon. I was looking at the Sams Club plus membership. Because with the Sams Club plus membership they can get into the store 2-3 hours earlier before they open. (Just imagine you shopping with barely anybody in the store.)
But I recently called to check the worker said they suspended the early entry to the store perk due to the recent events.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Who gives a fuck about a shield. People want cheap groceries and an option to pick up their groceries. Costco does not have that option.

Also, you would not discuss the prices between Walmart and Target. Why not? Because I am spot on.

Apparently the US people like that idea since it is the #1 shopping app as of today or around this time.

Still missing the point. I wasn?t talking about prices, people want to know how protected people are when they go shopping and the Spectrum Walmart is behind in safety protocols regarding cashier shields. Is getting sick worth saving 50 cents?

Again, you can?t seem to have a civil discussion. So angry.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Still missing the point. I wasn?t talking about prices, people want to know how protected people are when they go shopping and the Spectrum Walmart is behind in safety protocols regarding cashier shields. Is getting sick worth saving 50 cents?

Preventing coronavirus spread: Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons among grocers adding sneeze guards

Safeway and Albertsons stores are installing Plexiglas guards at checkout counters to protect against the spread of the coronavirus.

Retailers have reduced store hours to make time for deep cleanings and now are adding a new layer of protection ? sneeze guards.

Walmart said it has started installing the barriers at pharmacies at Walmart and Sam's Clubs and will install the guards at regular Walmart registers over the next two to three weeks.

Smith also said Walmart is adding decals to promote social distancing on floors and has "found a new solution to help associates clean carts quicker and more thoroughly."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...oronavirus-response-sneeze-guards/2913538001/

So I am talking about prices. (Old guy can not talk about more than one topic)
People are price conscious. Like I previously said, people shop at TJMax and Ross well before the pandemics.

If you do not care about price. Might as well shop at Whole Foods or Bristol Farms.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Preventing coronavirus spread: Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons among grocers adding sneeze guards

Safeway and Albertsons stores are installing Plexiglas guards at checkout counters to protect against the spread of the coronavirus.

Retailers have reduced store hours to make time for deep cleanings and now are adding a new layer of protection ? sneeze guards.

Walmart said it has started installing the barriers at pharmacies at Walmart and Sam's Clubs and will install the guards at regular Walmart registers over the next two to three weeks.

Smith also said Walmart is adding decals to promote social distancing on floors and has "found a new solution to help associates clean carts quicker and more thoroughly."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...oronavirus-response-sneeze-guards/2913538001/

How long does the virus last on plastic? Days? And how close are customers to that plastic that everyone else has breathed on before you? Hint...?. a whole lot closer than six feet. Installing the plexiglass makes customers less safe.

Besides that the plexiglass at albies doesn't even cover the area behind the POS machine and cashiers move to that area when they hand the customer their bag of groceries if there is no bagger...? no sneeze guard between the two people in that case.

One good thing.... albies has finally come to the realization that reusable bags are dirty and they won't bag your groceries in them. Will we wash them after using them? Nah. Just reuse them no matter what has leaked into them.

eyephone said:
People are price conscious. Like I previously said, people shop at TJMax and Ross well before the pandemics.

If you do not care about price. Might as well shop at Whole Foods or Bristol Farms.

Finally. You realized you were talking about the wrong topic that you quoted and that your last post even says that Walmart is behind as my post stated.

Are you calling me old? So you also discriminate against age? Not a good look on you. 

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Finally. You realized you were talking about the wrong topic that you quoted and that your last post even says that Walmart is behind as my post stated.

Are you calling me old? So you also discriminate against age? Not a good look on you.

1. I already answered your shield question.
2. Why not talk about the price?
3. My last post does not say Walmart is behind.
Why go shopping when someone can do it for you? (at no cost)
If you want to have it delivered it is a small fee compared to the other stores and delivery service.

Discriminate against age? Naw I just call it how I see it.

It seems like grocery stores are starting to be reasonably stocked.

I still see a shortage on rice, pasta and flour (I thought carbs were unhealthy?) but I am seeing paper products in stock more regularly and not just in the morning.

It's funny how water was so sought after and now there's too much water (maybe next time there will be an air shortage).

The next rare item will be hair dye because no one can go to the salon anymore. I don't recognize some of my neighbors because their hair color is different. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
It seems like grocery stores are starting to be reasonably stocked.

I still see a shortage on rice, pasta and flour (I thought carbs were unhealthy?) but I am seeing paper products in stock more regularly and not just in the morning.

It's funny how water was so sought after and now there's too much water (maybe next time there will be an air shortage).

The next rare item will be hair dye because no one can go to the salon anymore. I don't recognize some of my neighbors because their hair color is different. :)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/business/panic-buying-walmart-hair-color-coronavirus/index.html

Back