Northwood High is closer to landfill than Portola High

All my sympathies with you. I can understand pain people go through when their loved ones suffer from such a nasty disease.
In that case, I urge you to read about "food" aspect first. "Food" is getting toxic day-by-day. Watch following documentaries:
1. Forks over knives
2. Food Inc
There are more

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Following are the reasons for Portola high to do better:
1. It will have pool of students who made Stonegate #1 elementary school
2. It will have administrative/ teaching staff of university high who made university high #1.

Assuming that, that may very well be true.  But I am not sending my kids there at the expense of increased likelihood of cancer due to increased risk/exposure. Sorry. I have seen too many people around me get cancer. It's terrible. I cannot describe it.

As a parent, having all the information, you have a 'human' fiduciary duty to minimize and protect your children's health FIRST before ALL others.

Do you think air pollution due to landfill trucks on Sand Canyon is any less than 133 toll road? Ask people living in WB/SG.
By the way, use google maps again and you would find that SG town homes are with in 1500ft of 133.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
I am not denying that. But why do you get confused between PS1 and Portola high school?
1. Portola high will have kids from PS/SG/PP/GP/WB.
2. PS1 is just one part of one of the neighborhoods, PS1; happened to be farthest from TCE plume.

If there are risks associated with being in Portola High, it is for all the kids living in SG/PS/WB/PP/GP--not just PS1.

Because PS1 like SG has proximity to landfill and the toll road (air pollution). Then exacerbated by the fact that they will go to PS-High and 'collect' TCE hazards.

So now the kids are 3 for 3.  Whereas in Woodbury, if you send your kids to PSHigh, you only get exposure of 1 of 3.  In Stonegate, it's 2 out of 3.  ;)

Living next to freeways. Living on top of TCE. Living nearby landfills. Living on top of pesticides. Living near cell towers.  1 of 4 may be "tolerable" but not 3 or 4 out of 4. Why expose your children through so much if you don't have to? They deserve MUCH better than that!  Send them to Wisconsin !  ;D

Good for you. But that puts SG and PS1 on same number, 3  ;)

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Do you think air pollution due to landfill trucks on Sand Canyon is any less than 133 toll road? Ask people living in WB/SG.
By the way, use google maps again and you would find that SG town homes are with in 1500ft of 133.

Sure, so I would live on the western side of SG instead of the eastern side, when I pick my home. Or better yet, I would just buy deep within in EW.

If you go to your hazard list, v0.7, you have TCE as "1" for PS1 which should be "0", as we know now. That would bring PS1 total to "15" same as "SG".

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Good for you. But that puts SG and PS1 on same number, 3  ;)

I still disagree with that. If you look at the environmental hazards chart, there are more cons in PS1 than SG namely being in proximity to high risk fire zone and heavier pesticide usage than SG.

Practically the entire PS1 is covered in pink-level usage pesticide. So now, PS1 has to deal with landfill, air pollution, pesticide, and TCE from sending kids to PSH. SG only has to deal with landfill and some air pollution on the east side and the TCE at PSH.

x4qf6c.jpg

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
The 2017 civic the R looks nice. The rumor I heard, it maybe limited, such as 1 per dealer or some dealers may get none.

If God said "Look sonny, if you send your kids to PSHigh, he will get cancer, tumor, and lung disorder from all the pollution and toxins. But if you send your kids to NWHigh or Beckman, I'll make sure he'll have little to no chance of cancer, tumor, and lung disorder". I am PRETTY DAMN positive, all the parents will gladly send their kids to the second best school TO NOT have their kids have an increased chance of cancer.

School is important, but NOTHING is more important than NOT getting cancer in the early stages in life. I can GUARANTEE that all parents feel the same unless they are a shitty parent. Nobody wants to see their kids suffer through all the pain and go through cancer treatments. Believe me.

According to this logic, you should move to some where with low density of traffic like bear mountain. Imagine this: If God said "Look sonny, if you send your kids to NWHigh, he will get cancer, tumor, and lung disorder from all the pollution and toxins. But if you send your kids to bear mountain, I'll make sure he'll have little to no chance of cancer, tumor, and lung disorder".

How dare you put your kid into risk of getting cancer because you want to live in Irvine. 8)

Hello is a she

YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:
The state of California is now stepping in.  They are ordering that more tests be done.  Clearly the city cannot be trusted. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...2-portola-high-school-20160311-story,amp.html

A lot of you skeptics keep downplaying this but I'm telling all you folks that the people who are in power, the rich, the elite, will stop at nothing to get what they want and put innocent lives at risk for the sake of making money.  That's why I'm telling you, don't believe anything and do your own research and make your own judgement.  We will wait and see just like Quail Hill where a ton of the kids there got brain cancer/tumors from pesticides and women experienced miscarriages.

At the end of the day, my opinion is fu** ps high because I'm not taking the risk of sending my kids there to play in the playground or drink the water from the fountain.  That is a "calculated risk" that I'm taking and my .02 cent.

Either Ur a bad troll or you just don't bother to read. This is an old article.

Listen. You can attack me on past tense/present tense mistakes or my spelling mistakes or my grammar mistakes or maybe my fobby accent. 

You're missing the point. Read what "hello"'s reponse above.  He got my point. His IQ must be higher than yours.  ;)

Tustin Legacy is mapped over TCE and the District is built over the most contaminated TCE especially the Costco site the current Chinatown. Apparently it did not stop the Chinese from shopping there. Qwerty lives right over TCE. Hey qwerty, how is your third leg? I hear TCE causes shrinkage and makes you shoot blanks.

Toilet paper, facial tissue, paper towel and coke are the worst deal at Costco.
YellowFever said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Tustin Legacy is mapped over TCE and the District is built over the most contaminated TCE especially the Costco site the current Chinatown. Apparently it did not stop the Chinese from shopping there. Qwerty lives right over TCE. Hey qwerty, how is your third leg? I hear TCE causes shrinkage and makes you shoot blanks.

Shopping, ice skating, and clubbing on top of TCE 'should' be okay. It's the prolonged exposure.

Now... if you work at Costco -and- live at Tustin Legacy, you're probably much more exposed than the Irvine shopper who goes to Costco once bi-weekly.

It's Costco. It's wholesale in large lots. I don't know anyone who goes to Costco weekly like a grocery store like Ralphs (maybe to buy their gas). You're supposed to go there and buy the 200-pack roll of toilet paper for cheap.  ;)

@IHS: Of course not everything at Costco are deals.

(Turning into a Costco thread)

Btw - Costco is increasing membership fees. ^previously mentioned @ Costco thread

Back