3. Please do wish luck residents of following neighborhoods also:
a. entire LA--133 and 405
b. 1/2 CV--5 and 133
c. entire WBE--133
d. entire SGE-133
e. 1/4 SG--133
f. 1/4 OH--261

4. Glad you agreed that TCE is mainly GP issue--not PS1

5. Again, moved the goal post :). Brought up landfill. Since you are data-driven/logical guy, could you please get number of cancer deaths in one of the most sought after neighborhoods in Irvine today: Turtle Ridge? It was right next to landfill from 1963 to 1990--attached picture shared by someone on TI only.
The way you found out cancer cases in QH and "expecting" a similar result for OH.

PS1/HC/QH/OH are hilly areas whereas WB/CV/SG/NW/NP all are very flat.
Agreed--Americans want instant gratification. There is a difference between buying a car and home. That is why--car is 5 year loan/lease whereas home is 30 year; so, one should think little more while buying home than buying a car :)

YellowFever said:
1) You were the one who mentioned 3 miles. I stated 3 miles is a terrible drive to pick up groceries weekly (it gets old). Being closer or next to WTC is best or living in Cypress Village and going to CV center is best. So always best to have a town center/grocery store nearby a neighborhood 1 block away and not have to drive that far.

2) Coyotes are everywhere yes. But Coyotes live in the mountains. There's no denying that. Coming down for food, PS1 is where they begin their hunt day and night. They do not travel as far to the beach and go surfing. The first piece of ass/meat they find is going to be in PS1 then they move on and come back home.

3) CDC does not say that a 'blocking' mountain/hill automatically dismisses the 'distance' that PS1 can be 'safe' from freeway pollution.  Freeway pollution is airborne. A big fuckin' hill/mountain does not stop 'airborne' pollution, VX-1 poison gas terrorist strike, or even a nuclear fallout. Airborne is airborne period. No if and's or buts.

4) That TCE plume is presumably very old and outdated. Nobody wants to spend anymore money, special interest groups, the city, etc. and do more research to figure out where the plume has expanded. If nobody knows, then it's safe to assume it's spread 360 degrees wide like a circle and best to get far away from it from ground zero which is GP.

5) Still need to bring up that PS1 is still the closest neighborhood to the landfill. Landfill air is cancerous and being the closest neighborhood does not help. Arguing that the 'workers' do their best job of covering it up is like saying all 'black' people are criminals and all white people are 'racist'. There are good days and there are bad days with the landfill just like there are good black people and horrible black people.  Until the landfill is completely sealed, done and over with, and/or a skyscraper is built on top of it, it is deemed 'ACTIVE' and polluting. Nobody can prove it isn't polluting because again, special interest groups and the elitists will protect their interests.

When there is a massive bird flu outbreak in Hong Kong, you stay out of Hong Kong! You don't go to Tsim Tsa Tsui and do tai chi if the bird flu is killing everyone only on Lantau Island.  Get my point? 

When terrorism strikes in France or London recently, you may want to reconsider vacation there because there is heightened 'risk'.

PS1 will never be as good as half the new neighborhoods in Irvine. It is the un-wanted 'alternative' stepchild neighborhood. There's nothing 'special' that the average buyer gets from living in PS1 that you don't get living in OH, Northwood, Northpark, WB, CV, EW, HC, or QH. Unless of course, you spend multi-millions to get that "view" but at that point, you might as well buy in Newport Coast.

I have talked to many PS1 homeowners/renters and they all bitch about the shitty drive and lack of nearby shopping. Why wait years for TIC to build out when you can 'enjoy' the NOW and live in a neighborhood that is near Tustin Marketplace, WTC, Spectrum, Irvine Business Complex, Tustin District, or the popular Diamond Jamboree? 

Americans want instant satisfaction.  They don't want to buy a car with saved up cash. They want to walk in, sign the 5 year loan, and walk out with a car. Talking about the 'future' and what 'could be' is asinine, because tomorrow, either cancer takes you or you get run over by a stop-sign runner.

That is my .02 cent.

Attachments

• 24_Coyote_Canyon.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 72
We have a few well known facts.  First we know there are potentially hazardous things in Irvine (TCE plume, landfill, heavy pesticide use, air pollution from homes near freeway).  We also know as a fact that these things can all be hazardous to our health. 

What we dont know is how much exposure we have to some of these things like the TCE and pesticides.  We also dont know the effects of living next to landfills although common sense would tell you it cant be good.  The only thing I know that has been studied and documented is living next to freeways is a health hazard. 

The problem here are the unknowns.  I think yellow's point is that since we know there are toxic things in certain places in Irvine and the health hazards are unknown (mainly because they havent been studied or investigated well for various reasons), it would be prudent to avoid certain areas.  Why take the chance?

I know you guys are jumping on him because he is saying things you dont want to hear, but to be perfectly honest, I see his points. 

I am biggest admirer of YellowFever for his research and bringing new aspects into public forum. My only point has been that people should get complete picture--not a biased one. :)
1. Portola High is closer to landfill; turns out that is not true
2. If there are cancer cases in QH because of pesticides, then, people should also know that OH has highest pesticides concentration in the city
3. If landfill is talked about, people should know that SG is only 0.4 miles away from PS1. So, whatever concerns people have should be valid for SG too. People should also know that Turtle Ridge used to be close to landfill
4. If TCE is talked about, its epicenter is in GP--rather PS1 is farthest from TCE plume as compared to CV/WB/SG/WBE/CVE/SGE
5. Prices in WB are lower than PS1.

hello said:
We have a few well known facts.  First we know there are potentially hazardous things in Irvine (TCE plume, landfill, heavy pesticide use, air pollution from homes near freeway).  We also know as a fact that these things can all be hazardous to our health. 

What we dont know is how much exposure we have to some of these things like the TCE and pesticides.  We also dont know the effects of living next to landfills although common sense would tell you it cant be good.  The only thing I know that has been studied and documented is living next to freeways is a health hazard. 

The problem here are the unknowns.  I think yellow's point is that since we know there are toxic things in certain places in Irvine and the health hazards are unknown (mainly because they havent been studied or investigated well for various reasons), it would be prudent to avoid certain areas.  Why take the chance?

I know you guys are jumping on him because he is saying things you dont want to hear, but to be perfectly honest, I see his points.

Actually, you are solidifying my point. I have been saying there is nothing like 6/10 or 10/10.
Even if you find that 10/10, you have to be Kushner's of the world and don't know how many  kushner's would really buy in Irvine  ;)
Neighborhoods are more like 5,5.5,6,6.3,6.5, ratings, as all the young ones have some wrinkles--e.g. Closer to 5, pesticides, landfills, bad schools, TCE contamination--in their profile. So, readers should get to read their complete profile.

YellowFever said:
I still am not sure you understand my point.  Let me use an analogy now.

You have a hot girl 10/10 with a great rack, ass, and figure. She graduated summa cum laude from Wharton and she's educated, down to earth, and gets along with your mother in law.  She makes over six figures and is independent. Several of them have the "Ivanka" factor.

Now imagine a room with 30 of these girls and they vary slightly between 8.5/10 to 10/10 in the looks but they all have similar ivy leave status: magma cum laude or summa cum laude honors and still pull in between $100-200k. They know how to please a man but not cross the line.

Finally, the last girl shows up to the party (PS1).  She's a 6/10, she's got freckles, doesn't take care of her skin, she's breaking out. Her attitude is also not that great. Daddy spent the money and got her into Princeton but her boobs are fake. She didn't graduate with honors. She just doesn't have that "Ivanka" factor. She's blew her job interviews recently by being too scandalous and when it gets tough she's known to "blow" to get ahead in life. However she still feels like she can compete with the girls above. Shes known to be extra flirtatious with all the men she comes across in life. When she doesn't get her way she calls daddy. Because she's so promiscuous, even in marriage, she has a higher propensity to cheat and bring home the STDs and infect you

Now explain to me why, based on only the facts I stated above, why you would still pick this girl when there's 30 other more qualified more suitable woman?

The point is: you have so many choices and opportunities so why waste your time, health, dignity with this (PS1) woman?  . ;)

Finally, we are talking about the same point.
If you have hidden canyon/ turtle rock kind of money, sure.
But if you are looking for CV/WB/SG/PP/PS1, they are similar.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Neighborhoods are more like 5,5.5,6,6.3,6.5, ratings, as all the young ones have some wrinkles--e.g. Closer to 5, pesticides, landfills, bad schools, TCE contamination--in their profile. So, readers should get to read their complete profile.

That may be half true according to the hazards chart but there are 'Ivankas' in Irvine.  And they are Hidden Canyon, Turtle Rock, Turtle Ridge, and maybe Laguna Altura.

My point is, PS should NOT be your first, second, or maybe even a third choice to pick.  It should be one of the last options.  ;)

YellowFever said:
What about EW, NW, NP, and WI?  I still think these are still better options and not that more expensive. Not to mention in WI, you get the SFH designation, super low HOA, full driveway, backyard, non-motorcourt life and you are far away from landfill, TCE, coyotes, and you get the awesome Tustin Marketplace and proximity to hop onto the 5fwy to LA, and Beckman is still a 10/10 and doesn't sit atop TCE/discolored soil.  ;)
My 2 cents on WI:
1. I believe people value schools a lot. Now, that's  a separate discussion if that is right or wrong or whether they should value elementary more or high school more.

2. WI homes have very low ceiling and give claustrophobic feel to me. Again, this is my personal view.

3. Jamboree is such a busy street that getting on to 5 is always a struggle.

4. Beckman is 10, but API score is low and this perception that TUSD is not as great as IUSD.

I don't want to chase my tail. And, can only say one thing: biggest wrinkle PS1 (I don't know much about other areas of PS; so, can't say) is: proximity to landfill. And, that you agreed is also valid for SG. But SG has #1 elementary school of Irvine; so, it is selling at a premium from PS1.
But if the new PS elementary schools, either of them, do better than SG school, tables would turn.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
What about EW, NW, NP, and WI?  I still think these are still better options and not that more expensive. Not to mention in WI, you get the SFH designation, super low HOA, full driveway, backyard, non-motorcourt life and you are far away from landfill, TCE, coyotes, and you get the awesome Tustin Marketplace and proximity to hop onto the 5fwy to LA, and Beckman is still a 10/10 and doesn't sit atop TCE/discolored soil.  ;)
My 2 cents on WI:
1. I believe people value schools a lot. Now, that's  a separate discussion if that is right or wrong or whether they should value elementary more or high school more.

2. WI homes have very low ceiling and give claustrophobic feel to me. Again, this is my personal view.

3. Jamboree is such a busy street that getting on to 5 is always a struggle.

4. Beckman is 10, but API score is low and this perception that TUSD is not as great as IUSD.

These are all subjective. Again, there are no guarantees that your son or daughter can be a Kushner or Ivanka simply by the elemtary, middle, or high school they go to. I have plenty of friends who dropped out of college, even the best colleges.

But hazards are not subjective. These hazards are known to cause cancer and no human is immune to these environmental hazards. It's not like you can argue 'I'm black, and CDC reports shows black people have natural cellular immunity to TCE".

All I'm saying is, there's truly NOTHING special about PS that you don't get in SG, WB, CV, CVE without incurring all the additional hazards that comes with it. (Exception is if you get that view in lambert ranch).  And to be honest, if I'm going to spend $1.5-2.5 million, why da hell would I spend it in PS. I would bet on TR, HC, LA first with my $1.5 to $2.5 million before I bet on PS.

Analogy. Why spend $75 grand on a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 ?  For $75 grand, you can get lightly used Porsche's, Maserati's, BMWs instead of a 'Glorified' Mustang which still has the cheap interior. Why spend $35 grand on a CIVIC TYPE R, when you get (for the same money) a decent lightly used BMW 340i that will drive better, ride better, feel better, and haul ass better?  ;)

If you can give me 3 BIG selling points of buying in PS over WB, SG, CV, or even EW, then please do tell. I definitely love to invest my money in a great area and I want to weigh all my options instead of buying on impulse.

But I just don't see any big selling points about PS. A future 'unproven' high school is not a selling point. A future Great Park is not a selling point. People don't choose Beckman and 'hope' that Beckman will become #1. No, they immediately just go straight to University High and live there.  They enjoy the NOW. they don't like to 'hope' and 'pray' for the best.

The 2017 civic the R looks nice. The rumor I heard, it maybe limited, such as 1 per dealer or some dealers may get none.

Following are the reasons for Portola high to do better:
1. It will have pool of students who made Stonegate #1 elementary school
2. It will have administrative/ teaching staff of university high who made university high #1.

I am not denying that. But why do you get confused between PS1 and Portola high school?
1. Portola high will have kids from PS/SG/PP/GP/WB.
2. PS1 is just one part of one of the neighborhoods, PS1; happened to be farthest from TCE plume.

If there are risks associated with being in Portola High, it is for all the kids living in SG/PS/WB/PP/GP--not just PS1.

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
The 2017 civic the R looks nice. The rumor I heard, it maybe limited, such as 1 per dealer or some dealers may get none.

That's true, I actually do love the Civic Type R.  ;D

OCLuvr said:
I don't want to chase my tail. And, can only say one thing: biggest wrinkle PS1 (I don't know much about other areas of PS; so, can't say) is: proximity to landfill. And, that you agreed is also valid for SG. But SG has #1 elementary school of Irvine; so, it is selling at a premium from PS1.
But if the new PS elementary schools, either of them, do better than SG school, tables would turn.

Again, there is absolutely ZERO proof that kids who go to the best elementary all become the greatest successes (CEOs, CFO's, VPs) or POTUS in life. The data will show even poor people can make it BIG in life. That even black basketball players or rappers make millions in life. To be honest, you have better chance of being more successful being a RAPPER, celebrity (your own tv show).  Like you said, how many Kushner's and Ivanka's do we crank out versus all the millionaire RAPPERs and athletes.

If God said "Look sonny, if you send your kids to PSHigh, he will get cancer, tumor, and lung disorder from all the pollution and toxins. But if you send your kids to NWHigh or Beckman, I'll make sure he'll have little to no chance of cancer, tumor, and lung disorder". I am PRETTY DAMN positive, all the parents will gladly send their kids to the second best school TO NOT have their kids have an increased chance of cancer.

School is important, but NOTHING is more important than NOT getting cancer in the early stages in life. I can GUARANTEE that all parents feel the same unless they are a shitty parent. Nobody wants to see their kids suffer through all the pain and go through cancer treatments. Believe me.

Back