Northwood High is closer to landfill than Portola High

YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:
The state of California is now stepping in.  They are ordering that more tests be done.  Clearly the city cannot be trusted. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...2-portola-high-school-20160311-story,amp.html

A lot of you skeptics keep downplaying this but I'm telling all you folks that the people who are in power, the rich, the elite, will stop at nothing to get what they want and put innocent lives at risk for the sake of making money.  That's why I'm telling you, don't believe anything and do your own research and make your own judgement.  We will wait and see just like Quail Hill where a ton of the kids there got brain cancer/tumors from pesticides and women experienced miscarriages.

At the end of the day, my opinion is fu** ps high because I'm not taking the risk of sending my kids there to play in the playground or drink the water from the fountain.  That is a "calculated risk" that I'm taking and my .02 cent.

Either Ur a bad troll or you just don't bother to read. This is an old article.

Listen. You can attack me on past tense/present tense mistakes or my spelling mistakes or my grammar mistakes or maybe my fobby accent. 

You're missing the point. Read what "hello"'s reponse above.  He got my point.
One more data point: one should stopping eating out, as most restaurants use roundup-based productshttp://time.com/4711846/roundup-weed-killer-cancer/
I think bigger cause of cancer should be what you put inside you than what is surrounding you

jmoney74 said:
This board now consists of two things.  Yellow Fever's fear of toxins and Perspective's endless links about Trump.

Can we just go back to talking about finding a good quartz shop?  ;)

Does anyone know a good quartz shop???  this is the brand im looking for.  In fact the exact one is on the website here. https://www.cambriausa.com/

OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:
The state of California is now stepping in.  They are ordering that more tests be done.  Clearly the city cannot be trusted. ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...2-portola-high-school-20160311-story,amp.html

A lot of you skeptics keep downplaying this but I'm telling all you folks that the people who are in power, the rich, the elite, will stop at nothing to get what they want and put innocent lives at risk for the sake of making money.  That's why I'm telling you, don't believe anything and do your own research and make your own judgement.  We will wait and see just like Quail Hill where a ton of the kids there got brain cancer/tumors from pesticides and women experienced miscarriages.

At the end of the day, my opinion is fu** ps high because I'm not taking the risk of sending my kids there to play in the playground or drink the water from the fountain.  That is a "calculated risk" that I'm taking and my .02 cent.

Listen. You can attack me on past tense/present tense mistakes or my spelling mistakes or my grammar mistakes or maybe my fobby accent. 

One more data point: one should stopping eating out, as most restaurants use roundup-based productshttp://time.com/4711846/roundup-weed-killer-cancer/
I think bigger cause of cancer should be what you put inside you than what is surrounding you

I agree with this comment for the most part.  Most people are oblivious to what is in their food supply.  Unfortunately, the use of glyphosate(roundup) is so prevalent we are seeing it everywhere, including our food supply but most frighteningly in our blood and even lactating womens breast milk.

Where I disagree with you is the idea that just because one is more dangerous, other sources of toxic exposure is not important.  I would argue that although the food supply is concerning, your living environment may be almost just as important.  In the end its about reducing the amount of exposure as much as possible, not eliminating it, as elimination will be impossible.  Thus one should be cautious in general and avoid focusing only on a specific source.  I assume since this is a housing blog and not a food blog, the discussion will focus mostly on housing related issues. 

just my 2 cents.

hello said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:

I agree with this comment for the most part.  Most people are oblivious to what is in their food supply.  Unfortunately, the use of glyphosate(roundup) is so prevalent we are seeing it everywhere, including our food supply but most frighteningly in our blood and even lactating womens breast milk.

Where I disagree with you is the idea that just because one is more dangerous, other sources of toxic exposure is not important.  I would argue that although the food supply is concerning, your living environment may be almost just as important.  In the end its about reducing the amount of exposure as much as possible, not eliminating it, as elimination will be impossible.  Thus one should be cautious in general and avoid focusing only on a specific source.  I assume since this is a housing blog and not a food blog, the discussion will focus mostly on housing related issues. 

just my 2 cents.
Glad you are agreeing to the point. And,let me help you walk why it is related to housing. Do you know which is MOST highly pesticide infested area in Irvine is: Orchard Hills. :) (Somebody had shared a chart on TI).

Attachments

• 281hs1.jpg
    281hs1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 187
YellowFever said:
House_Hunting said:
If you are so worried about  pesticides and other carcinogens you might as well move out Irvine as the majority of the city was developed on farmland that used pesticides. In addition there are cell towers every which some studies show can cause cancer. Have you looked out your window lately at that perfectly green palm tree year around?

You want t be safe? Become one of those doomsday preppers that move to the middle of no where.

No, it's about balancing risks and making educated and informed decisions based on ALL data and knowledge. 

Knowledge is POWER.  Having no knowledge or having knowledge but not acting on it is horrible.

If you get cancer and you defeat it, will you stop visiting the doctor every 6 months to  "check up" on yourself?  No! Exactly. Having had cancer, you now have the 'knowledge' to make an informed decision to better take care of yourself and visit the doctor more frequently to run a battery of tests to make sure it is kept at bay.

Agreed--knowledge is power. Shouldn't you have same yardstick? You are making everyone aware about Qual Hills pesticide usage, but quite on Orchard Hills pesticide usage ;)

OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
Greed knows no bound. PS residents may very well all be guinea pigs and I whole-hardheartedly welcome guinea pigs because after all, the greatest discovery in many of mankind's accomplishment required guinea pigs.  i.e. John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the earth.  He put his life at risk for the US during the cold war.
Why do you have so much "love" for PS.

Don't feel bad. I think Quail Hill is lower than PS? (Any thoughts Jizz?)

OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
House_Hunting said:
If you are so worried about  pesticides and other carcinogens you might as well move out Irvine as the majority of the city was developed on farmland that used pesticides. In addition there are cell towers every which some studies show can cause cancer. Have you looked out your window lately at that perfectly green palm tree year around?

You want t be safe? Become one of those doomsday preppers that move to the middle of no where.

No, it's about balancing risks and making educated and informed decisions based on ALL data and knowledge. 

Knowledge is POWER.  Having no knowledge or having knowledge but not acting on it is horrible.

If you get cancer and you defeat it, will you stop visiting the doctor every 6 months to  "check up" on yourself?  No! Exactly. Having had cancer, you now have the 'knowledge' to make an informed decision to better take care of yourself and visit the doctor more frequently to run a battery of tests to make sure it is kept at bay.

Agreed--knowledge is power. Shouldn't you have same yardstick? You are making everyone aware about Qual Hills pesticide usage, but quite on Orchard Hills pesticide usage ;)

That has been brought up in the environmental thread.

eyephone said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
House_Hunting said:

I thought this thread was about landfill distance anyways, but TCE contamination was dragged here as well.

OCLuvr said:
eyephone said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
House_Hunting said:

I thought this thread was about landfill distance anyways, but TCE contamination was dragged here as well.

Mountain View in commanding > $850/ft (HOT HOME) in suspected TCE contaminated areas (near Moffett Field Naval Air Station). This is low on the list of stuff people care about.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mountain-View/620-Pepperwood-Ct-94043/home/1168086

eyephone said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
Greed knows no bound. PS residents may very well all be guinea pigs and I whole-hardheartedly welcome guinea pigs because after all, the greatest discovery in many of mankind's accomplishment required guinea pigs.  i.e. John Glenn was the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the earth.  He put his life at risk for the US during the cold war.
Why do you have so much "love" for PS.

Don't feel bad. I think Quail Hill is lower than PS? (Any thoughts Jizz?)
That is not TRUE either  ;D . QH is a more desirable neighborhood than PS

Based on your own logic of knowledge is power isn't OH just as bad.  Using your analogy of we don't know how much alcohol is bad for a pregnant woman.  We don't know how much pesticide is bad enough to cause cancer.  With the knowledge of QH cases, isn't it best to avoid OH all together since we know pesticide is bad and can potentially cause cancer?

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:

Because OH doesn't have any 'documented' cases yet that I've come across on google.  However QH already has MULTIPLE documented cases and are pretty serious for that matter.  OH may have tons of pesticide usage but perhaps they weren't using as much round-up? Perhaps OH's elevation plays some role? Perhaps it's geographical elevation means it's "hotter" in the neighborhood and temperature also plays a role in  the concetration?  I don't know.

I'm not going to dismiss OH. My hazards map is based on the pesticide usage map and I graded it accordingly, or I grade it based on known documented cases.

If you talk about TCE contamination, then, it should be GP/PP and PS3. Why do you say "PS"? We talked about this before and you agreed that PS is huge, roughly ~6000 residents and PS3 might have only roughly ~1000 residents.

If you talk about cemetery, then, it should be GP/PS3. PS1 is more away from cemetery than SG/WB/WBE

I am assuming you know the boundaries of PS1/PS3/LR/PP/GP/SG.

YellowFever said:
Look. My Bottom Line is simple as this:

PS is one of the neighborhoods in Irvine that still has too many unknowns, too many un-answered questions, too many controversies (with the cemetery, etc.), and not enough stuff being done to further the testing and the science needed to make the community safer and better.

We already know TCE is dangerous. We ALSO know TCE permeates into the air!! I do not like the fact that they only dug 15 feet and choose 100 samples or what not.

I want the communities, the HOA, the city, the mello roos money, and the Navy too all pool their money together and spend the time to continuously test and MONITOR soil conditions and every square foot of it.  Unfortunately, the 'special interest' elites who have so much at stake from selling and making money from these homes will do EVERYTHING to not partake in that and they have very good reason to. (GREED) as I've explained.  If you were the rich and powerful elite, you'd  do the same, but you're not. You're just a W-2 or 1099 person.

:D..Sure.
Problem is: on all four counts, you mentioned, it is 2:2 between Northwood High and Portola High. So, we should definitely see.

1. Landfill distance: So far, everyone was under the impression that Norhwood high is far from landfill, but it turns out, with proof, that Northwood high is closer to landfill than Portola high. Nothwood High 1 : Portola High 0

2. Pesticide usage: Most infected area/neighborhood in Irvine is: Orchard hills which engulfs Norhtwood high
Norhtwood High 2: Portola High 0

3. TCE contamination: Portola High is closer;so, Northwood high 2: Portola High 1

4. Cemetery: Still proposed; May or may not see light of the day. Portola High is closer; so,
Northwood High 2: Portola High 2

So, I would let 7bn people decide which metric is more important for them :)

YellowFever said:
Does anyone here seriously THINK that the majority of buyers in Irvine have done their due diligence and know what TCE is, or know where the landfill is, or know about the proposed cemetery, and pesticides?

Hah!  I cannot remember the countless number of times that I have ran across so many couples, and families of either fobs or Americans moving from the east coast to Irvine while visiting model homes and the first thing when I tell them about is the landfill and TCE and their eyes are like  :eek: :eek:  .  These people clearly have ZERO clue where the landfill is or that it even exists let alone TCE. And yeah, those mainland and Taiwanese investors?  Forget about it. They're cash buyers. They don't even know how to use Google let alone do research.  Once they were informed you could literally tell they became very concerned!

As I've stated before. People need to die first before the greatest achievements and breakthroughs are discovered in medical/scientific history. The question ULTIMATELY as I kept stating boils down to, "Do you or would you like your children to participate in helping mankind reach those successes by being the guinea pig?"  I sure as hell don't.  8)

We will eventually(very,very long time) have a CURE for TCE-causing cancers, but not before thousands must die from it first. So if you guys would like sign up, then please, by all means!  ;D

For me, I will 'selectively' choose the neighborhoods I want to live in that I am willing to tolerate and gamble on.

OCLuvr will be sending his/her kids to PSHigh and hopefully we'll be able to get some datapoints from that as well one day.  ;) Until then, enroll enroll enroll because it's business as usual!

Back