Northpark Flip: 2 Malibu

I know IndieDev and others think the back and forth drama is the best part of TI and accounts for the most readership but this stuff is neither entertaining nor interesting. 

Back to topic, Mike Dunn is the agent for this and 21 Breezes and I have seen his name around a bit so I assume he is a decent agent.  The pics of the houses are nice, the data is accurate, the description decent, and they have had open houses.  Basically there is work being done so I dont know if he really is taking on completely unmotivated sellers.  There must be some value in the constant price change game that we arent seeing.  Do buyers think "oh crap, its going up in price, i better move fast" like its an ebay auction? 

I wonder if there is data that shows the close rate of listings that have up and down price changes vs listings that dont. 

rkp said:
I know IndieDev and others think the back and forth drama is the best part of TI and accounts for the most readership but this stuff is neither entertaining nor interesting. 

I have a feeling rkp got wedgie'd a lot in high school. That being said, the overall effort to remain focused on topic deserves an award:

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

I'm guessing here but on Malibu, the price change from high to low was to get people in for the "auction"... once that was done, they reset it back to the previous price.

At least they didn't lower it each day by $100k like REX did for their auctions, and claim that as the "reserve" price but stipulate the seller can choose whether or not they want to accept the highest bid even if higher than that (which is opposite of what "reserve price" means).

Edit: Meant "seller" not "buyer".

IndieDev said:
rkp said:

I have a feeling rkp got wedgie'd a lot in high school. That being said, the overall effort to remain focused on topic deserves an award:

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

I love family guy!  The wedgies stopped after junior high.  High school was a bit better with boxers but I did get put in a trashcan first week of school. 

IHO - makes sense on the price changes due to their silly auctions. 

rkp said:
High school was a bit better with boxers but I did get put in a trashcan first week of school. 

That makes sense. A lot has been written about the effects bullying has on someone's overall character growth. You do exhibit a lot of character traits that have been detected and formally categorized in people who were bullied throughout grade school.

IndieDev said:
That makes sense. A lot has been written about the effects bullying has on someone's overall character growth. You do exhibit a lot of character traits that have been detected and formally categorized in people who were bullied throughout grade school.
128862834362027053.jpg

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:
Don't buyers see that it was lower before? Come on, raise it by 200k, when no one wants to pay at 998k? What's the strategy behind this unless the buyer decided not to sell and is just leaving it out there at this price which is a waste of everyones time.

By the way, i checked the members list and nonfcb was active as of yesterday :)  Maybe he just doesn't want to comment.

NonFCB: "Do you understand pricing strategy? My friend is way smarter than you. I will bet $10k with you for $1.1m. "
Yeah, we are all waiting on him to finalize that losing bet.  But like you said, there is nothing productive about throwing up a listing at an unrealistic asking price as all it'll do is sit and collect dust on MLS.  These two homes are great examples of unmotivated sellers.

Come on, you and Indie don't have the balls to take the bet two months ago. Now you regret your decision. Just the same losers as those regretting not buying C at $1 and LVS at $3 in year 2011.
Dude, you are the one that went MIA.  Indie and myself were ready to make the bet.  No way that house closes for $1.1m.

Do you know how to read? I gave you guys condition and deadline to get into the bet and you guys didn't take it.

Come on. As I recall, your conditions were really odd, like 5 members had to swear that Indie and USC were of sound mind, or some such nonsense. Once you realized they were willing to take the bet, you got cold feet so you came up with these weirdo "conditions." Or so it seems to the non-gambling peanut gallery here (moi).

NonFCB said:
Do you know how to read? I gave you guys condition and deadline to get into the bet and you guys didn't take it.

wth!?  fine. You're conditions were silly and had a long period of time before it would sell.  Fine. I'll do a silly bet with everyone, I bet 2 Malibu will sell for 1.2 million. However, I have a 10 year period where this can happen.

NonFCB: "Do you understand pricing strategy? My friend is way smarter than you. I will bet $10k with you for $1.1m. "

frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

wth!?  fine. You're conditions were silly and had a long period of time before it would sell.  Fine. I'll do a silly bet with everyone, I bet 2 Malibu will sell for 1.2 million. However, I have a 10 year period where this can happen.

NonFCB is exposed. If by his claim the pricing is right, why would he want to extend the betting period to something like 1 year? Maybe his $1.1m is in New Zealand Dollar? LOL

akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

NonFCB is exposed. If by his claim the pricing is right, why would he want to extend the betting period to something like 1 year? Maybe his $1.1m is in New Zealand Dollar? LOL
He/she better stick to their day job (if they have one) and let the market be the final authority be the final authority on what homes are really worth. 

akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

Signed a contract for a Northpark square house and backed out. Legally you should forfeit your deposit. But you asked TI members for excuses to get the money back. You exposed yourself to be a man without honor.

NonFCB said:
akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

Signed a contract for a Northpark square house and backed out. Legally you should forfeit your deposit. But you asked TI members for excuses to get the money back. You exposed yourself to be a man without honor.
Just a word of advice, you aren't making any friends or gaining any credibility by bashing members....please keep it positive or just don't post.  Thank you.

USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

Just a word of advice, you aren't making any friends or gaining any credibility by bashing members....please keep it positive or just don't post.  Thank you.

Well, I never bashed my friends. I want to ignore you guys. But you and your friends continuously bash me. You can either close this thread or we can continue forever.

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

Well, I never bashed my friends. I want to ignore you guys. But you and your friends continuously bash me. You can either close this thread or we can continue forever.
Then just stop posting and quit being a troll.

USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
akula1488 said:
frank69m said:
NonFCB said:

Then just stop posting and quit being a troll.
Only after you and your friends stop.

@USC:

To be fair... NonFCB has a point... members are baiting him (yourself included) and when he responds you're gonna tell him to "keep it positive".

Kettle/splinter/iron.

irvinehomeowner said:
@USC:

To be fair... NonFCB has a point... members are baiting him (yourself included) and when he responds you're gonna tell him to "keep it positive".

Kettle/splinter/iron.
Honestly, he can bash me all he wants because I'm used to it and don't really mind it but he shouldn't be bashing other members who speak the truth.  I find his posts more funny than anything else.  :D

Back