Northpark Flip: 2 Malibu

Apparently the new pricing strategy is WTF pricing. They clearly are not interested in selling this property. Instead of lowering the price to meet the market, they decided to raise their price.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Malibu-92602/home/5772647

Here is the price history per Redfin:

Property History for 2 MALIBU
Date Event Price Appreciation Source
Jul 25, 2011 Price Changed $1,188,888 -- SoCalMLS #S653830
Jul 19, 2011 Price Changed $998,888 -- SoCalMLS #S653830
May 18, 2011 Price Changed $1,118,888 -- SoCalMLS #S653830
Apr 25, 2011 Price Changed $1,149,000 -- SoCalMLS #S653830
Apr 02, 2011 Listed (Active) $1,199,000 -- SoCalMLS #S653830
Jan 22, 2009 Sold (Public Records) $900,000 -- Public Records

Same thing going on at 21 Breezes.  The same agent is just playing games and trying to create hype:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/21-Breezes-92620/home/5959324

Here is the price history:

Jul 25, 2011  Price Changed  $1,249,888  --  SoCalMLS #S653824 
Jul 21, 2011  Price Changed  $1,049,888  --  SoCalMLS #S653824 
Jul 20, 2011  Price Changed  $1,149,888  --  SoCalMLS #S653824 
Jul 18, 2011  Price Changed  $1,199,888  --  SoCalMLS #S653824 
Apr 02, 2011  Listed (Active)  $1,249,000  --  SoCalMLS #S653824 
Sep 25, 2007  Sold (Public Records)  $1,312,500  --  Public Records 

NonFCB and his friend must come from the same pack of geniuses. It's funny that both homes have "888" tacked onto the end in the hopes of some huge asian sucker coming along and buying these overpriced albatrosses.

IndieDev said:
NonFCB and his friend must come from the same pack of geniuses. It's funny that both homes have "888" tacked onto the end in the hopes of some huge asian sucker coming along and buying these overpriced albatrosses.
Don't you know, living right next to a busy street is the "in" thing.  haha  Guess these sellers and their agent are not interested in selling the homes.

Don't buyers see that it was lower before? Come on, raise it by 200k, when no one wants to pay at 998k? What's the strategy behind this unless the buyer decided not to sell and is just leaving it out there at this price which is a waste of everyones time.

By the way, i checked the members list and nonfcb was active as of yesterday :)  Maybe he just doesn't want to comment.

NonFCB: "Do you understand pricing strategy? My friend is way smarter than you. I will bet $10k with you for $1.1m. "

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
Don't you know, living right next to a busy street is the "in" thing.  haha  Guess these sellers and their agent are not interested in selling the homes.

Yes, two homes right next to busy streets, selling at astronomically high prices, with the same exit strategy (find someone Chinese who doesn't care about throwing money around by mentioning Feng Shui, and the number "8" all over the listing price).

This is the real estate market in Irvine.

frank69m said:
Don't buyers see that it was lower before? Come on, raise it by 200k, when no one wants to pay at 998k? What's the strategy behind this unless the buyer decided not to sell and is just leaving it out there at this price which is a waste of everyones time.

By the way, i checked the members list and nonfcb was active as of yesterday :)  Maybe he just doesn't want to comment.

NonFCB: "Do you understand pricing strategy? My friend is way smarter than you. I will bet $10k with you for $1.1m. "
Yeah, we are all waiting on him to finalize that losing bet.  But like you said, there is nothing productive about throwing up a listing at an unrealistic asking price as all it'll do is sit and collect dust on MLS.  These two homes are great examples of unmotivated sellers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:

Yeah, we are all waiting on him to finalize that losing bet.  But like you said, there is nothing productive about throwing up a listing at an unrealistic asking price as all it'll do is sit and collect dust on MLS.  These two homes are great examples of unmotivated sellers.

Come on, you and Indie don't have the balls to take the bet two months ago. Now you regret your decision. Just the same losers as those regretting not buying C at $1 and LVS at $3 in year 2011.

USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:
Set for auction? LOL. Desperate times calls for desperate and silly marketing measures.

Notice how NONFCB is quiet now? Haven't heard a peep out of him in a while on this.
Maybe his dad took away his internet access.  haha

You know, I don't get paid to post here like you. I also don't like to bash well mannered TI members. But if someone feels boring without my attendance, then I will tell you what I am doing:
1. Recently I work on some South Africa ventures to broaden my ecommerce base over there.
2. I am searching "usctrojanman29@aol.com" on Google, Yahoo, MSN daily to find some entertaining stuffs for TI members. I will keep you posted and may ask you to confirm some of my findings.
3. I study my Real Estate license test. Once I get my license, I will offer my free buyer service to TI members. I will rebate all the builder Co-op to my buyers.
4. I read phycology 101 so that I can understand why a TOP MBA from USC that passed CPA test in the first try is not doing ventures in South or West Africa and asked layman for financial advices. First I need to verify that the MBA degree is genuine. Any USC alumni can give me suggestions on how to verify it?

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:

Come on, you and Indie don't have the balls to take the bet two months ago. Now you regret your decision. Just the same losers as those regretting not buying C at $1 and LVS at $3 in year 2011.
Dude, you are the one that went MIA.  Indie and myself were ready to make the bet.  No way that house closes for $1.1m. 

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:
Set for auction? LOL. Desperate times calls for desperate and silly marketing measures.

Notice how NONFCB is quiet now? Haven't heard a peep out of him in a while on this.

You know, I don't get paid to post here like you. I also don't like to bash well mannered TI members. But if someone feels boring without my attendance, then I will tell you what I am doing:
1. Recently I work on some South Africa ventures to broaden my ecommerce base over there.
2. I am searching "usctrojanman29@aol.com" on Google, Yahoo, MSN daily to find some entertaining stuffs for TI members. I will keep you posted and may ask you to confirm some of my findings.
3. I study my Real Estate license test. Once I get my license, I will offer my free buyer service to TI members. I will rebate all the builder Co-op to my buyers.
4. I read phycology 101 so that I can understand why a TOP MBA from USC that passed CPA test in the first try is not doing ventures in South or West Africa and asked layman for financial advices. First I need to verify that the MBA degree is genuine. Any USC alumni can give me suggestions on how to verify it?
You are too much NonFCB...let me know if you'd like me to snap a picture of my degrees and email them to you.  haha  Giving back to my buyers doesn't make me a good agent, being good at what I do makes me a good agent.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:

Dude, you are the one that went MIA.  Indie and myself were ready to make the bet.  No way that house closes for $1.1m.

Do you know how to read? I gave you guys condition and deadline to get into the bet and you guys didn't take it.

The following two post are top rate NonFCB post. I wish I could put both of them into my sig, this is classic stuff.

NonFCB said:
A house just needs one buyer. In your logic, go to tell your wife how lucky she is and she should be slaved to you for life because 3 billion men don't want to marry her.

NonFCB said:

What service is NonFCB going to offer is my question. Maybe he'll offer classes on "pricing strategy".

- How not to sell a home in 4 months?
- How to mistime the market and pay dearly for it!
- How to sell overpriced real estate to your Chinese friends by emphasizing cheap sino-marketing terms like "Feng Shui" and the number 8.

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
frank69m said:

Is English your first language? This is one of the poorest worded posts I have ever read.

"But if someone feels boring without my attendance"
"Recently I work on some South Africa ventures "
"MSN daily to find some entertaining stuffs for TI members"
" I study my Real Estate license test"
"TOP MBA from USC that passed CPA test in the first try is not doing ventures in South or West Africa and asked layman for financial advices"

Stop writing how you talk. Use proper English.

USC has done more for members of this board than you can ever imagine. No matter what you say it will not change peoples opinion of him.

Now go back to your English ESL classes and stop getting personal with valued members of this board.

rickr said:
Stop writing how you talk. Use proper English.

USC has done more for members of this board than you can ever imagine. No matter what you say it will not change peoples opinion of him.

Now go back to your English ESL classes and stop getting personal with valued members of this board.

To be fair, it's not NonFCB's fault that the BabelFish translator spits out Mandarin to English poorly. They're still working on the technology.

Back