Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

someguy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

The asking price seems as you suggest, but the redfin estimate is currently only $6k under asking.  Can Redfin estimates be manipulated, or is Redfin also a bit delusional?

Redfin estimates can be manipulated to a certain degree. I accidentally edited one of my properties to change the year to 201x (whatever current year it was). I thought it was asking me any year I remodeled. It shot up my home value by 3x on the estimate.

Cares said:
someguy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

The asking price seems as you suggest, but the redfin estimate is currently only $6k under asking.  Can Redfin estimates be manipulated, or is Redfin also a bit delusional?

Redfin estimates can be manipulated to a certain degree. I accidentally edited one of my properties to change the year to 201x (whatever current year it was). I thought it was asking me any year I remodeled. It shot up my home value by 3x on the estimate.

Yup, just like I said those estimates are garbage.

daedalus said:
There's no way I'm spending my weekends mowing the yard.

You mean mowing the 3rd floor deck?  I mean c?mon people, at least take the wrinkles out of the grass for the photos.

aquabliss said:
daedalus said:
There's no way I'm spending my weekends mowing the yard.

You mean mowing the 3rd floor deck?  I mean c?mon people, at least take the wrinkles out of the grass for the photos.

That's no worse than the used towel in the shower (Pic #15)

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Have we talked about this one yet? 

2.44 million for Pavilion Park
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/184-Pepperoot-92618/home/51684948

Ive shown it. A little high on the ask but it doesn't belong on this tread.

Fair enough...it's not really an equity sell but asking $2.44 million in PP with Altair right next door is pretty WTF.  I don't see how anyone would want to buy $2.4 million in Irvine not Turtle Rock/Shady Canyon

Irvinecommuter said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Fair enough...it's not really an equity sell but asking $2.44 million in PP with Altair right next door is pretty WTF.  I don't see how anyone would want to buy $2.4 million in Irvine not Turtle Rock/Shady Canyon

+1  They won't get anything near list price...maybe close to $2m.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Irvinecommuter said:

+1  They won't get anything near list price...maybe close to $2m.

It went pending, so I guess we?ll find out how close they got soon enough.  I?ll guess $2.275

wow, they actually spent quite a bit on upgrades inside and out... that landscaping with pool and pretty large covered roof gazebo and tons of stones and large grills and fireplace, etc, etc must be $$$

Back