Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Kings said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Here's another overpriced Beacon Park home. They purchased the home for $2,015,000 in June 2016 and now they think the home is worth $3,500,000?  Does the backyard have some gold buried in the ground that they didn't disclose? haha
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/123-Calderon-92618/home/108244852

those countertops definitely don't scream $3.5m

and no backyard pics?

Yeah, those countertops scream FUGLY as do those 12x12 tiles in the kitchen and the apartment carpet.  haha

We've got a very modern house built 4 years ago nearly 4700 sf ft with 12x12 marble-style tiles throughout the 1st floor? Very cringe-worthy choice. Also very strange: If you look at the pic with the 2 white desks, they seem to span 2.5 tiles, which is impossible if the tiles are 12x12 but possible if the tiles are actually 18x18 (48-in desks). Either way, poor decision.

It's not so much the 2 island countertops that are the problem but rather the combination with the long countertops along the wall. Typically, you keep one simple and the other fancier. Here, it seems the islands were upgraded but the buyer went with the standard against the wall (didn't want to spend more money maybe). The sandy color of the wall countertop doesn't go well with the black-brown and white of the islands. In addition, the peppered motif of the wall countertop clashes with and competes against the peppered motif of the islands. Look at all that crap going on in the backsplash behind the 2 ranges. Talk about arabesque! That expense could have been used to switch out the wall countertops with a simple, elegant off-white level 1 upgrade such as Caesarstone Blizzard 2141 or AZ Tile Della Terra Linen. Lastly, the wall countertops have regular length edges whereas the islands have longer, more dramatic edges. You shouldn't mix-and-match edges. Ouch.

This house just depresses me, I bet it even has a certain scent that is off putting.  Don?t think I could bring myself to pay $2M let alone $3.5M

I realize the desk room is the DL, work from home, endure the shutdown set up, but am I the only one flipping through photos getting the "The Shining" empty hotel vibe?

Seriously thank you for the left out bag of snack puffs or whatever that was on the floor of the pantry door as the sterility was oppressive. I know spotlessly clean and decluttered is de rigeuer, this seems too much.

20.3% "Price improvement" is not magically delicious enough to sell.

That Zillow link shows an even higher price in 2018 and 2019. Perhaps there is a gas leak somewhere inside the property, causing anyone who enters an untold number of delusions.

My .02c

It's Woodbridge... as I said long ago... amazing prices. :)

(to be fair... it's just off the water... can't get that anywhere else in Irvine)

irvinehomeowner said:
It's Woodbridge... as I said long ago... amazing prices. :)

(to be fair... it's just off the water... can't get that anywhere else in Irvine)

Ya it?s a good location but completely outdated and needs new everything.  Just can?t imagine paying nearly $1.4M then having to put in another $100k remodel only to hear my walls shake when my attached neighbors kid starts playing the drums at 10p.

Back