New communities in Portola Springs

mightybluff said:
Just got back from visiting Sierra and Highland again. Couldn?t get the lady to give me a price estimate for the 2?s? all she would say is that the 2x/y would certainly be more expensive than the model 3. She said they should have release date and pricing for the model 2 next week.

At Highland, tried to get more info on the new homes on Dreamcatcher. She said they would be released this summer. There are 3 communities. At least 1 would be SFR but one would be similar to Hillside. That?s all she would share.
If market continues to get strong, then CalPac Sierra homes in these early phases will enjoy nice appreciation by the time IP comes up with the new SFR in PS.

IP does seem to be building pretty fast, atleast in EW where they have an entire stretch of a street to finish (none closed) and they are already framing homes in the newest extension. May be they sense prices cooling down with rates set to increase this year?

mightybluff said:
Just got back from visiting Sierra and Highland again. Couldn?t get the lady to give me a price estimate for the 2?s? all she would say is that the 2x/y would certainly be more expensive than the model 3. She said they should have release date and pricing for the model 2 next week.

At Highland, tried to get more info on the new homes on Dreamcatcher. She said they would be released this summer. There are 3 communities. At least 1 would be SFR but one would be similar to Hillside. That?s all she would share.

I think the ones released this summer are the homes on the right side of Dreamcatcher. Those are most like SFRs ranging from 2792 sq ft to 3176 sq ft.

The ones on the left side of Dreamcatcher are larger SFRs, 3240 sq ft. to 3473 sq. ft.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
mightybluff said:

If market continues to get strong, then CalPac Sierra homes in these early phases will enjoy nice appreciation by the time IP comes up with the new SFR in PS.

IP does seem to be building pretty fast, atleast in EW where they have an entire stretch of a street to finish (none closed) and they are already framing homes in the newest extension. May be they sense prices cooling down with rates set to increase this year?

IP might build fast, but definitely releases slowly, like 4 homes per month.

Basically, sales lady at Bluffs told me that they started construction on phases 25 to 28 at the same time, and it's about 3-4 weeks between each phase release.

Bluffs lady is working on phase 27 release, which goes back to Halworth side.

From what I could tell.

Bluffs 1 - $1,462,000 + ~$40k pre-selected stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades, so listed price is ~$1.5M.
Bluffs 2X (view lot) - $1,735,000 + ~$40k pre-selected stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades, so listed price is $1,775,000.

Originally, I wanted 2X when it was still in the $1.55M range, but now I'm priced out of it. I just feel really lucky I got the Bluffs 2 at phase 25. If I didn't get it then, when Bluffs 2 is released in phase 28, it's going to be more than $1.6M and I can't even choose stage 2 or 3 upgrades. It will probably be listed at $1.65 with pre-selected upgrades.

Could anyone recommend good insurance agents/firms that could give a pretty accurate quote on new development homes? Seems my agent can only give a quote once an appraisal is completed on a new development. Thanks!

Irvine618 said:
Could anyone recommend good insurance agents/firms that could give a pretty accurate quote on new development homes? Seems my agent can only give a quote once an appraisal is completed on a new development. Thanks!

Try lemonade.com

CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Bluffs 1 - $1,462,000 + ~$40k pre-selected stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades, so listed price is ~$1.5M.
Bluffs 2X (view lot) - $1,735,000 + ~$40k pre-selected stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades, so listed price is $1,775,000.

Originally, I wanted 2X when it was still in the $1.55M range, but now I'm priced out of it. I just feel really lucky I got the Bluffs 2 at phase 25. If I didn't get it then, when Bluffs 2 is released in phase 28, it's going to be more than $1.6M and I can't even choose stage 2 or 3 upgrades. It will probably be listed at $1.65 with pre-selected upgrades.

Here's the Price Sheet

Attachments

• Phase 27a.png
    Phase 27a.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 365
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Here's the Price Sheet

Wow almost $1.8 for Bluff 2 condo. After all upgrades, $2mil. That is crazy.

Danimal said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Here's the Price Sheet

It's a view lot. And it already includes some pre-selected stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades. So the only upgrades left are flooring and windows covering. So it won't be more than $1.85M. Bluffs lady did say that price on Bluffs 2 went up $80k after I reserved mid December. My price, without any upgrades, was $1.55M.

Danimal said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Here's the Price Sheet

It's not just the OC. The place I'm moving to has had the base priced raised over 24% since end of October. (83% in a year and a half).

Maybe we're all living in a bubble.

It's always "different this time" and in the end it was just a different reason for the bubble which is never apparent until we're out of it.

All I have to say is, anyone with a low rate is going to want to never sell but if they lose their job even houses that level off and don't go up, end up losing the homeowner to get out and a bad job market could snowball into dropping prices and then the shadow inventory becomes apparent.

Not saying that will happen. Just buy a place you can live with for years and years, growing or shrinking family and afford if something affects your income in the future.

eomly said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Here's the Price Sheet

Only two homes on the price sheet. How many homes are in this phase?

There are 4 homes in this phase, but only 2 homes are released as phase 27A. The other 2 should be released within a couple of weeks as 27B.

Ready2Downsize said:
Danimal said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

From what I could tell.

Here's the Price Sheet

It's not just the OC. The place I'm moving to has had the base priced raised over 24% since end of October. (83% in a year and a half).

Maybe we're all living in a bubble.

It's always "different this time" and in the end it was just a different reason for the bubble which is never apparent until we're out of it.

All I have to say is, anyone with a low rate is going to want to never sell but if they lose their job even houses that level off and don't go up, end up losing the homeowner to get out and a bad job market could snowball into dropping prices and then the shadow inventory becomes apparent.

Not saying that will happen. Just buy a place you can live with for years and years, growing or shrinking family and afford if something affects your income in the future.

At this rate, we are leaving Bay area housing prices way behind in next year so! I am comparing East Bay- San Ramon area (Similar school district) to Irvine and housing here has surpassed in few occasions.
I think its a bubble and agree with the comment posted, we are just having a different excuse and not realizing it.

If Bluffs are $1.8 what are highlands $2+ in near future? Food for thought...

Did the sales counselor say that??? Maybe the printed flier is just not updated. I updated my preapproval amount so that I would not get auto eliminated by increased pricing and asked if I could possibly get a view lot in the futur (bluffs). They just said there?s no guarantee from where I am on the waitlist. If it wasn?t reserved and nobody wanted it, why wouldn?t they offer me the lot? Doesn?t make sense.

foodisgood said:
Did the sales counselor say that??? Maybe the printed flier is just not updated. I updated my preapproval amount so that I would not get auto eliminated by increased pricing and asked if I could possibly get a view lot in the futur (bluffs). They just said there?s no guarantee from where I am on the waitlist. If it wasn?t reserved and nobody wanted it, why wouldn?t they offer me the lot? Doesn?t make sense.

Most likely, it's just what is printed on the price sheet. As far as I know, the person who bought lot 60 (Bluffs 2X) was on the waitlist from all the way back in April. I wanted to buy lot 60, but I jumped on the chance to get lot 95 after she told me that. And I would have got priced out anyway, considering lot 60 sold for $1.775M. I was pre-approved for $1.7M. I was going to update my pre-approval, but got offered lot 95. And even though I got lot 95 for $1.56M, after finishing all the upgrades, it came out to $1.685M. I think lot 60 would probably be $1.9M after all the upgrades.

I visited the sierra over the weekend.  They are releasing phase 3 early March which is another 6 houses. 

Then phase 4 will be only 4 houses around the edge.  I guess they?d be considered the view lots. 

[/quote]

Most likely, it's just what is printed on the price sheet. As far as I know, the person who bought lot 60 (Bluffs 2X) was on the waitlist from all the way back in April. I wanted to buy lot 60, but I jumped on the chance to get lot 95 after she told me that. And I would have got priced out anyway, considering lot 60 sold for $1.775M. I was pre-approved for $1.7M. I was going to update my pre-approval, but got offered lot 95. And even though I got lot 95 for $1.56M, after finishing all the upgrades, it came out to $1.685M. I think lot 60 would probably be $1.9M after all the upgrades.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree with you. All interest lists are strong. David?s comment sounds like FUD

Construction of model homes already started. Some roads are completed and some are in progress with laying of pipes. Total 6 models are coming up . 3 for right side and 3 for left side.

mtvreddy said:
Construction of model homes already started. Some roads are completed and some are in progress with laying of pipes. Total 6 models are coming up . 3 for right side and 3 for left side.

Are you talking about the communities around Dreamcatcher?

Back