New communities in Portola Springs

Thanks and good to know! Checked one of my banks right now and they offer it as well.

Relationship Benefits
Further reduce your mortgage rate with the following discounts:
.10% rate discount with 10% of the loan in new deposits
.20% rate discount with 25% of the loan in new deposits

From my bank?

CIT offers interest rate discount for new deposits that you would not be using for the down payment or closing cost and would need to be in the CIT account through closing.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:

Wonder how long the money has to stay in there for?

You can withdraw it right after closing. The rate discount is incorporated in the final loan disclosure documents you sign before closing. Once the rate terms are set, they can?t take that back and they also can?t lock you out of your money.

Yousr said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:

Wonder how long the money has to stay in there for?

You can withdraw it right after closing. The rate discount is incorporated in the final loan disclosure documents you sign before closing. Once the rate terms are set, they can?t take that back and they also can?t lock you out of your money.

Same with Chase, you can deposit a week before closing to show it's moved into the account, move it back out a day after loan funds. 

Yeah, my loan officer said you can move the money out after you close, and you don't have to open a specific account, it can just be a checking account. 

Sherry Wang at Citi has been really helpful so far.  3.0% for a 30 yr fixed jumbo loan.  She says they will pay for the extending the lock, but I'm only 60 days out now.

Transferring assets from non-retirement brokerage accounts usually work too. So you can open a self-managed brokerage account with the bank you?re getting the mortgage with, do an ACAT transfer to transfer your shares over in kind. And after closing you can do another ACAT transfer back to your original brokerage. Also, some brokerages will offer a cash bonus for you to transfer the assets back to them (usually $2-3k for $1M in assets).

bkimxmd said:
Yeah, my loan officer said you can move the money out after you close, and you don't have to open a specific account, it can just be a checking account. 

Sherry Wang at Citi has been really helpful so far.  3.0% for a 30 yr fixed jumbo loan.  She says they will pay for the extending the lock, but I'm only 60 days out now.

Sherry extended my lock over 60 days past the 6 month extended lock at no cost.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
bkimxmd said:

Sherry extended my lock over 60 days past the 6 month extended lock at no cost.

Yep.. wish I talked to her back in December.

bkimxmd said:

Are you getting 3.0% for 30-year fixed jumbo from Sherry Wang with no conditions?

CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:

Are you getting 3.0% for 30-year fixed jumbo from Sherry Wang with no conditions?

Yeah, looks like it.  Going through underwriting now.

Today I spoke to a construction worker and he said model homes should be ready in 3 months. Anticipated opening would be around month of May. Quicker than expected.

bkimxmd said:
CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:

3.0% for 30-year fixed jumbo with no points, no cost? Is this with relationship pricing (moving a certain $ into a new account) or without?

box said:
bkimxmd said:
CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:

3.0% for 30-year fixed jumbo with no points, no cost? Is this with relationship pricing (moving a certain $ into a new account) or without?

With $50k relationship, which gives 0.125% off. Basically, it's 3.125% without.

Model homes will be completed by end of May and  homes are releasing in June. One community is Azul and another one is Seilo.

Back