New communities in Portola Springs

ParkPark said:
https://irvine.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?event_id=1892

Fiore: detached condos
Azul: SFR
Cielo: SFR

What are Fiore prices going to be like given Sierra and Lapis
pricing?

I?m interested in seeing pricing. Fiore is just Barcelona II with lofts added.

Azul?s Plan 1 is better than the 2 & 3. I wonder why it?s not included at the OH version. The PS ones have pretty nice sized lots too.

Cielo is just Azul XL *yawn*

Plan 1 doesn?t have the volume high ceiling. Since azul groves is advertised as a ?premium?  and ?limited? collection, it makes sense to only have higher ceiling ones. I recall all the ravellos have volume ceilings.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I heard from CalPac that Sierra will have a "large" increase in pricing for Phase 3 from Phase 2.

LL still waiting for Irvine housing market to drop.  ;D

He'll start gloating about how he predicted that prices will soften a few % but that'll be after they've risen another 8-10% from the end of last year's prices.  It's just a lot of armchair quarterbacking on his part but it's a little different when you are deep in the weeds everyday and see what's going on.  Will things slow down?  Of course they will, we can't keep going up 20%-25% a year.  At some point things will flatten out like they did after the 2013 price run up so the market can digest the big gains we've seen.  Like I said, I welcome a more balanced market because then not every listing agent will look like a rockstar and I'll be able to negotiate better prices for my buyers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I heard from CalPac that Sierra will have a "large" increase in pricing for Phase 3 from Phase 2.

Any idea how much?

Could be as high as $100k.

Damn!  Those aren't even the view lots.  They are the last 5 houses on the same street as phase 1 and 2.  Phase 2 only went up like 10 - 30k from I could tell. 

How much do you think the view lots in phase 5 will go for?  There are only 4 of those.

bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Any idea how much?

Damn!  Those aren't even the view lots.  They are the last 5 houses on the same street as phase 1 and 2.  Phase 2 only went up like 10 - 30k from I could tell. 

How much do you think the view lots in phase 5 will go for?  There are only 4 of those.

The view lots are Phase 4.  I'd say at least up another $150k-$200k from Phase 3 with the lot premiums.  Remember that Irvine Company has a big say on pricing.

USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Any idea how much?

The view lots are Phase 4.  I'd say at least up another $150k-$200k from Phase 3 with the lot premiums.  Remember that Irvine Company has a big say on pricing.

oops yeah I meant phase 4.  Those increases can price a lot of people out.  Looks like the new residence 3's and 2y's will be over 2M soon.  If the houses on Dreamcatcher are even bigger, think they will release phase 1 of those homes well over 2M?

bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bkimxmd said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Any idea how much?

oops yeah I meant phase 4.  Those increases can price a lot of people out.  Looks like the new residence 3's and 2y's will be over 2M soon.  If the houses on Dreamcatcher are even bigger, think they will release phase 1 of those homes well over 2M?

New homes are approaching $750/sf so we'll see what happens.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

LL still waiting for Irvine housing market to drop.  ;D

Didn't you know... 2018-2020 was "The Great Irvine Drop"... although during that time frame, much bigger percentages were predicted... I even have a poll for it somewhere. :)

"The Great Irvine Drop" in 2018-2020 was caused by 3 rate hikes by the Federal Reserve in 2018. Will see what happens  in additional to balance sheet tightening this time??

Davidlee199 said:
"The Great Irvine Drop" in 2018-2020 was caused by 3 rate hikes by the Federal Reserve in 2018. Will see what happens  in additional to balance sheet tightening this time??

There was ?The Great Irvine Drop? between 2018-2020? I didnt know that. I started looking for a bigger place in Irvine end of 2017. I dont remember seeing any big drop. If that was the case, I wouldve jumped on one.  Prices didnt appreciate that much or homes stayed on the market little longer but there was hardly any drop.

Davidlee199 said:
Price on a view lot at Highland dropped $200k in 2020.  Go ask a homeowner who bought in 2020 at Highland.

That was a one off because iPac was asking crazy prices so they had to lower than them to move it when Covid broke out.  My Varenna Plan 2 seller bought the home in the low $1.3m range back in 2020 and that home will close for over $2m today.

It looks like late 2019 early 2920 was a great time to buy. This home at https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Imagination-Trl-92620  in EW Avila Model sold for 1.4M down from an asking of 1.6M based on Redfin price history

Different story that the sane home is now listed at 2.2M, with a potential 800K gain in 2 years.

Sierra went up significantly. Up by more than 100k when you compare with first phase prices. see the atachment.

Attachments

• IMG_7189.jpg
    IMG_7189.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 301
Back