New Car Deals during COVID-19?

Why not buy a slightly used car (about a year or so) and save around 20%+ off MSRP? I'm sure there will be more and more private party sellers who'll be looking to sell their cars to raise cash in the coming months.

bones said:
qwerty said:
It?s gotta be the Kia telluride. That was the only car I know of recently that was selling really well and resulted in a dealer premium.

I was curious to see what all the hype was about and went to check it in Irvine. It was a really nice car. Didn?t test drive it. I think the palisade looks better though

QWERTY knows his (low end ;)) cars. Another OC dealer quoted me at MSRP.
Not sure it?ll get much better since there?s not a ton of supply. I?ll wait and see.
This is the car on my list (well technically either Kia or Hyundai version (Pallisade).  I figure I'm waiting another 6 months until everything catches up and the deals really come through.  Likely will be the next car we purchase. 

I'm hoping lower gas prices make demand for EVs lower so I can get a bargain on one.

Don't think Teslas will get discounted... but maybe some other brand.

Bullsback said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
It?s gotta be the Kia telluride. That was the only car I know of recently that was selling really well and resulted in a dealer premium.

I was curious to see what all the hype was about and went to check it in Irvine. It was a really nice car. Didn?t test drive it. I think the palisade looks better though

QWERTY knows his (low end ;)) cars. Another OC dealer quoted me at MSRP.
Not sure it?ll get much better since there?s not a ton of supply. I?ll wait and see.
This is the car on my list (well technically either Kia or Hyundai version (Pallisade).  I figure I'm waiting another 6 months until everything catches up and the deals really come through.  Likely will be the next car we purchase.

I am waiting on delivery on the Palisade. It looks sharper than the Kia Telluride in my opinion. Should be here in 3 weeks. Bonus with the cheap gas.

Compressed-Village said:
I am waiting on delivery on the Palisade. It looks sharper than the Kia Telluride in my opinion. Should be here in 3 weeks. Bonus with the cheap gas.

Did you pay MSRP or over MSRP?

irvinehomeowner said:
Compressed-Village said:

From reading the forums on various sites it was much easier to get MSRP or a little below on the palisade. I think it does look better than the telluride as well. This is nationally so not sure about local pricing.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Compressed-Village said:

From reading the forums on various sites it was much easier to get MSRP or a little below on the palisade. I think it does look better than the telluride as well. This is nationally so not sure about local pricing.

MSRP, with limited inventory. I was able the limited edition. 3 years full services included.

Compressed-Village said:
qwerty said:
Congrats CV, that%u2019s a nice car.

Thanks. Lets get back to living, within our means and carefully. Because lock down are meant for criminals. :)

Congrats CV!  I'm jealous.
In talking to a bunch of dealers, looks like both are selling for above MSRP right now.  Depending on the dealer/trim/color, that amount varies.  One dealer mentioned that they started with about 17 in March and currently have 4 in stock.

bones said:
Compressed-Village said:
qwerty said:

Thanks. Lets get back to living, within our means and carefully. Because lock down are meant for criminals. :)

In talking to a bunch of dealers, looks like both are selling for above MSRP right now.  Depending on the dealer/trim/color, that amount varies.  One dealer mentioned that they started with about 17 in March and currently have 4 in stock.

Thanks, it is a solidly built car. I feel it gives you a lot for my money.

akkord said:
marmott said:
The Deals On The Kia Telluride And Hyundai Palisade Still Suck

I guess until production increases there won't be many deals.

What's so good about that Kia & Hyundai, just curious, I'm not in the market to fight over the low inventory.

+1 I don't get the allure for a Kia or Hyundai and especially paying over MSRP that's nuts for a mass produced car. Paying over MSRP is a double punch to the gut...one for the amount over MSRP and then the sales tax on top of that.

bones said:
Compressed-Village said:
qwerty said:

Try emailing dealers in LA, SD, and Riverside to see if you can get MSRP.

Back