NBA unlockout?

If we are going to add a free throw stat, that's the only one I would add a % on.

Many years ago, we used Free Throws Made, but one guy would win that category every week... he had Karl Malone on his team.

Since it's hard to track how many times a guy goes to the FT line... a percentage is a better stat, and it's also something that can win or lose games for a team (HackAShaq vs. Re-Dirk-ulous).

It looks like turnovers are already included.  Is that counted as a negative stat and subtracted from your score?

ps99472 said:
ok, need 1 more team... any takers?  liar loan?  akim?

I logged in but realized I might not be available for the live draft.  I'll be down in Newport Harbor for the boat parade that night and I can't guarantee that we'll be back by 8:30pm.

Liar Loan said:
ps99472 said:
ok, need 1 more team... any takers?  liar loan?  akim?

I logged in but realized I might not be available for the live draft.  I'll be down in Newport Harbor for the boat parade that night and I can't guarantee that we'll be back by 8:30pm.
You can do auto select, which will pick the highest ranked player for you when your spot comes up.  If you have a smartphone with internet, you can do your picks on there too.

Yeah... just do auto-select and then you can fix your team when you get home because if we only have 6 or 8 teams, there will be a ton of players out there to pick up.

I need to look at what PS set up for roster positions... I like to have more flexibility than what Yahoo puts as the default.

Liar Loan said:
OK I'm in.  So the auto-select has a default but it also lets you rank players yourself?
No, I think it ranks the players based upon how other yahoo members draft them in the mock drafts/real drafts.

Actually... I believe it does allow you to override the ranks.

Auto-draft will pick your highest rank players 1st then the Yahoo rank.

irvinehomeowner said:
Actually... I believe it does allow you to override the ranks.

Auto-draft will pick your highest rank players 1st then the Yahoo rank.

Sweet, then there's really no penalty for missing the draft.. other than the excitement of it.

Lakers signed Kapono, hope he shoots the same percentage from 3 points.  Now where's cp3 and Howard?  Bynum should be let go ASAP.

Here are the stats... made changes from fg and ft %'s to FGM and FTM..

Field Goals Made (FGM), Free Throws Made (FTM), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Here are the roster positions (default settings)

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

My suggestions:

1. Replace FTM with FT% (if you have to include something FT related)... or just remove any FT stat.
2. Replace C with another Util. Productive centers are actually hard to slot in and you end up looking for a low tier one just to get that position filled.
3. Since we have so few teams, you might want to add another bench position to make our rosters bigger (or another Util for MORE stats!).

Well I made my draft rankings last night, so I'd prefer that things don't get tweaked too much. 

Regarding centers, I think part of the strategy is the ability to pick good low tier players, or at least players that don't hurt you too much.  This is a similar predicament faced by real life GM's with such a shortage of true centers.  (It's the reason the Lakers don't want to let Bynum go, but in exchange for another center like Dwight Howard they absolutely would.)

CP3 now a Laker?  Nice...  I just hope the Lakers address their new found big man issue.  Not sure Bynum can make it through 66 games...  maybe not even 20... 

Bynum and junk for Howard and junk?  Something that I'd like to see... 

Work isn't going to afford me the time to do F bball...  Football this year was hard enough...    good luck all

Paul should fit in nicely for Kobe and replace dinosaur fisher.  Now to get rid of mr. Elbows for Howard.  CP3-Howard-Kobe.  Make it happen kuptchak.

Back