NBA unlockout?

If we go weekly, it would be more luck then skill, I was in a football league awhile back, my coworker lost his password after setting up his team, and never logged back on until the season was over, and guess who won...? 

Anyone else vote for weekly roster changes?  Should we invite the OCreader folks? 

I don't think it's any luckier... and someone should have hounded him to recover his password.

I don't mind it either way, I just know some people prefer to only have to worry about setting their lineup at the beginning of the week rather than monitor each day's games and adjust their lineup (esp with the compacted schedule).

And you can invite OCR people but don't know if anyone is even around over there... last year's league only about 5 of us were active and they weren't even active members of OCR I don't think.

Up to you PS... you're the commish.

Hey looks like we got 4 teams...  enough to start... btw, USCTrojanCPA, IHO posted a message on the fantasy webpage, but I don't think you can see it yet.. so i'll posted here

"Where is that USC, non-NBA knowing, I'm-gonna-ask-my-dad guy?"

ps99472 said:
Hey looks like we got 4 teams...  enough to start... btw, USCTrojanCPA, IHO posted a message on the fantasy webpage, but I don't think you can see it yet.. so i'll posted here

"Where is that USC, non-NBA knowing, I'm-gonna-ask-my-dad guy?"
I'm in!

Looks like we need an even number of teams to start the league?  This is from Yahoo!

Your league currently contains an odd number of teams
You must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft.

I remember having odd numbers for a H2H a while back, wonder why the new restriction...

hmmm... considering this, but not sure how much time i'll have...  how easy is the weekly h2h format? 

i remember daily/rotisserie formats for basketball and baseball..  TOO much work.. 

Ok, another vote for weekly rosters, anyone else?  USC?  Chromatin? Homer?  I'll probably change it as we get closer, any other suggestions?

ps99472 said:
Ok, another vote for weekly rosters, anyone else?  USC?  Chromatin? Homer?  I'll probably change it as we get closer, any other suggestions?
Whichever option is the least amount of work.

USCTrojanCPA said:
ps99472 said:
Whichever option is the least amount of work.

If we play a format that requires updating less frequently, I will play also. 

You can always just set it and forget it.

H2H is a bit more forgiving than Roto style as you just have to work on stats vs. who you're playing rather than the rest of the teams in the league.

PS9: What stats are we using? Standard? I dislike % type ones (FT% and FG%) because those are harder to plan for (and honestly, who drafts players for those stats?), we should just go with the ones you sum up... PT, 3PT, REB, AST, STL, BLK and TO.

irvinehomeowner said:
You can always just set it and forget it.

H2H is a bit more forgiving than Roto style as you just have to work on stats vs. who you're playing rather than the rest of the teams in the league.

PS9: What stats are we using? Standard? I dislike % type ones (FT% and FG%) because those are harder to plan for (and honestly, who drafts players for those stats?), we should just go with the ones you sum up... PT, 3PT, REB, AST, STL, BLK and TO.

fantasybball.jpg

Here's what is pre-set from Yahoo!

And here's what we can add/delete...

Games Played
Games Started
Minutes Played
Field Goals Attempted
Field Goals Made
Field Goal Percentage
Free Throws Attempted
Free Throws Made
Free Throw Percentage
3-point Shots Attempted
3-point Shots Made
3-point Percentage
Points Scored
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Total Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Blocked Shots
Turnovers
Assist/Turnover Ratio
Personal Fouls
Times Fouled Out
Technical Fouls
Ejections
Flagrant Fouls

So take out the %'s and replace with FG made and FT made?  The A/T ratio is interesting.. and we can add O-rebounds to balance out against that...

League has been set to weekly roster changes on Mondays.. welcome Liar Loan and akim977 and anyone else..

Back