NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

How bout Sunday morning?  I can always skip church. :)

Still biting my nails on not being able to watch lakers on TV... Just read AT&T uverse is small potatoes compared to direct TV and cox, hopefully we get it resolved soon, if I have to jump ship from uverse to cox I will.

ps9 said:

Still biting my nails on not being able to watch lakers on TV... Just read AT&T uverse is small potatoes compared to direct TV and cox, hopefully we get it resolved soon, if I have to jump ship from uverse to cox I will.
I have showings starting at 10am.

ps9 said:

Plenty of seats available at the 8am service. ;-)
Any day/time is fine by me. If I can't make it, I'll deal with the consequences of settling for an "autopicked" team. Just looking to have some fun and spark some more interest in watching more of the basketball games than just the local teams.

Thx again for the invite,
-IR2

Ok IHO, looks like you'll have to decide, hard to accommodate everyone, pick a date/time and we'll deal with it...  But for me, I'm getting uverse this Saturday and then I'll have Internet access again... So Sat night or anytime Sunday would be good with me.  I would hate to draft with my iPhone...  I can't believe I did all my internet thru the phone for the past couple weeks... I miss my laptop

How about Sunday early morning... drafts can start as early as 7am and it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes.

I was going to say Saturday early morning but PS9 is on AOL until Saturday day.

Also... are all the roster positions and stats okay?

And... do we want to switch to daily lineup changes so we can adjust for injuries?

Looks like I'll get the deportes channel as well since I signed up for the u300 package... Lakers in Spanish can't wait...

As for my u-verse, the technician couldn't install today due to weak signal from the outside....  sighh, one more day of iPhone Internet.

probably you can do a poll and pick a time that works for the majority...with week 1 skipped a lot of sleeper picks will become useless.
I also vote for daily lineup that is better for injury management.

irvinehomeowner said:
Since no one answered about Sunday morning... I guess we'll skip Week 1 and figure out a time for the week.

So still no lakers for DirectTV, cox, and dish.  Looks like these guys want to put the lakers on a premium tier which TWC objects.  I'm guessing here, TWC wants it at the most basic tier so it can capture the $4 per subscriber from the carriage deals.  At the basic tiers, the big three tend to lose more because they will be paying out of their own pocket since raising the price on basic tiers will lose customers.  If they put the lakers on a premium tier, then the people paying more can pony up the $4.  But TWC will get less money due to fewer people having the premier tiers.  It all boils down to $$$, but laker fans will have to suffer.  I think Cox will buckle first as it tracks its customer going to uverse or charter, and since there is no contract, laker fans will leave in droves.

I think TWC is being greedy if it wants $4 per subscriber on basic subs. It should be tiered based on numbers which is probably part of what they are doing to work it out.

There was an article in the OCReg this morning and I didn't realize how little of the LA/OC area COX has... about the same as AT&T Uverse at only 6% (roughly 300k subscribers).

DirectTV has the lion share at 25% (over 1.2m) and Dish has quite a few too. Verizon FIOS has more than AT&T and Cox and they signed a carriage deal with TWC.

Granted AT&T and Verizon have other things to carry the extra expense but Cox needs to get on board... luckily tonight's game is on TNT. :)

Back