NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

So Ibaka's out, Parker's hobbled hamstring, I say OKC in 6 (Adams will step up, where as a slowed Parker will make it hard for the Spurs).  Heat will take Indiana in 5 unless they show some consistency

With ibaka out it increases the chances of the heat winning their third in a row. Let the LBJ greatest of all time discussion begin. Only 5 teams have ever done it and only three in the modern era (bulls twice and the lakers with Kobe/shaq). 

If I was lebron I would leave the heat after this year - can't see him winning a 4th there. If went to another team and won a 4th straight title it would be hard to deny him the GOAT title. Although I'm sure the Jordan defenders will come out in droves and argue otherwise.

I'm with qwerty, win or lose, LBJ should hoof it out of Miami and try to win a title with another team. I think in the modern era of the NBA, the only superstar to do that is Shaq.

Hard to decide who to root for in OKC/SA.

One of my favorite players is KD (Westbrook not so much) but I also like Duncan and you have to respect how well the veterans have been playing all these years.

The East is easy, LBJ... and LBJ/KD matchup is an NBA TV ratings dream.

So far, if home team advantage sticks, we'll be looking at an Pacers/Spurs final and that would be lame.

i think its going to be spurs-heat, which should be an interesting rematch since the spurs probably should have won the title.  i think lebron will have a monster game tonite, cant go down 2-0. i would also prefer to see thunder-heat though.

although the real reason to watch tonite is the lottery!! will the nba rig it to get the lakers the #1 pick?

If the NBA rigs it... Lakers will get #3 just so it doesn't look rigged.

Someone on ESPN said that Minnesota would not trade for the Lakers pick if they were stuck at #6 or #7. I don't believe that, if you are Min and you know KLove is leaving for sure after next season, better to get a 6 or 7 than have nothing at all.

But since KLove is going to leave for sure after next season, Lakers don't need to trade their pick. They just use it, hope they get a good player and sign KLove when he's a free agent, then sign KD the season after that.

Regardless, Lakers may not see the playoffs for at least another season.

I guess OKC really needs Ibaka... or KD's mom:

BoUpse1CAAI8bVa.jpg

So through a miraculous recovery, Ibaka is back.

Maybe we'll get a series.

I think the Heat are going to the finals for a 4th time.

holy shit that was ugly. i was listening to sports radio on the way to get my wife dinner and heard about it but hadnt seen it. man not quite sure where it ranks in the worst bone break/blown out knee injuries but that is top 5. marcus lattimore's last blown out knee was pretty gruesome.

they did say on the radio the base of the basketball hoop here was four feet closer than it is in NBA games, so it could have been avoided.

qwerty said:
they did say on the radio the base of the basketball hoop here was four feet closer than it is in NBA games, so it could have been avoided.
Yep... sad as he was probably going to have a real good year with Lance not in Indy next year. Hopefully he comes back from it 100% (reminded me of the Anderson Silve lower leg break in his last fight).

Back