NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

Hey, where are all my Laker buddies? Clips are in the 2nd round!

Notables:

- Dwight taking a lot of flak from Laker fans for his first round exit.
- Blatche almost had to eat his jersey if Pierce didn't block that shot
- Can Indiana beat the feisty Wizards?
- I think Miami is going to walk through Brooklyn, 8 days of rest and Nets coming off a 7-game grind (this is why Miami is lucky to be in the East)
- Memphis or OKC would both have been hard for the Clips, the advantage against MEM would have been home court advantage... I think it will be really hard for CP3&Co to get past Mr. Unreliable but I will hope
- Spurs/Blazers might be just as good as the Houston series, Tim Duncan is ageless

I'm sad, as more teams get eliminated, there are less games to watch on TV and then a boring summer of baseball... bleh.

Can't wait to see Monsieur Sterling kiss that championship trophy huh? 

At least we have World Cup in about a month.  Hope the US makes it past Germany

ps9 said:
Can't wait to see Monsieur Sterling kiss that championship trophy huh? 
Uh... he's been banned. He can't even look at the trophy unless someone shows him pictures of it.

Trying to work with Homie on the buyout but I think Oprah and Magic have us beat.

I emailed Carlos slim about us two bidding together for the clips so we could be the first Mexicans to own an nba team. I haven't heard back from him. With his money and my gm skills we would own LA.

Why is no one celebrating the Clips win last night except me? Is TI a Laker town?

I think OKC just got used to Memphis slow game so they were not prepared for the pace of LAC (and they were coming off the fast-paced series with GSW).

Once they adjust, this will be a better series... and CP3 can't keep shooting like that.

If the Wizards end up beating Indy, that would be hilarious.

Lakers should grab Mark Jackson quick before anybody else get the chance ..  I think Mark Jackson is also a pastor in a church in Van Nuys so LA would be a perfect place for him location wise

I'll post Clipper news when they lose....

not just Sterling, something bout them I just don't like, exCeltic coach, exCeltic players, exLakers, Blake Griffins fugly face, Jordan's narrow eye sockets, annoying team colors, I can go on....

Can't understand why GSW would fire Jackson. He's turned the team around the last 2 years and now they abandon him.

I wonder if there is something else going on there, like unhappy players.

irvinehomeowner said:
Can't understand why GSW would fire Jackson. He's turned the team around the last 2 years and now they abandon him.

Nah. Ownership wants to see improvement every year. Coaches that lose in the first round of the playoffs 3 years in a row almost always get fired. The next season the team usually has a big change for the worse (doesn't make the playoffs) but occasionally goes on a championship run.

irvinehomeowner said:

GSW missed being at the bottom of the standing :)  I think most of their key players have publicly supported him, so it can't be unhappy players.  Management is just not patient enough to let the group blossom.  You can also blame some from high expectations from media writers early in the season that predicts GSW to win the championship this year.

i wonder if this means steve kerr wont be reuniting with phil jackson in NYC. kerr lives in san diego so the warriors job im guessing would be preferrable.

Hate leads to suffering.

Doesn't look good for the Clips. Last night would indicate to me who would win the series and it looks like it's going to be OKC. All those turnovers yet they still score more points. Not going to win when their guard gets more rebounds than your bigs.

Second round is not as good as first... blowouts and may not be any game 7s.

An announcer said it's not good if the Heat go undefeated but given that Wade is better rested, it's exactly what they need.

If Clips don't right the ship, it's either 2012 or 2013 all over again in the Finals.

I stopped watching the game. Went to go get a car wash and see they they win. Reminds if the game 7 lakers/blazers where the lares were down by like 15 I the 4th and came back to win it. That time I left the house went to la fitness, when I got there the whole gym was watching the game

qwerty said:
Reminds if the game 7 lakers/blazers where the lares were down by like 15 I the 4th and came back to win it.
I was driving up the northern coast listening to that game on the radio... so classic... and kept me awake.

Sterling keeps digging that hole deeper. Can't believe he dissed Magic more.

The sooner he is out, the better.

2nd round had a chance to be better, all the underdog teams could have made it 2-2 but didn't.

Clips/OKC is the game to watch... crossing my fingers but I think KD/WB are going to be killers tonight.

Back