NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

Let me know if you guys need an 8th still.  I can join if needed.

Went through Lakers schedule and am predicting 58-24 but may want to adjust down after seeing preseason.  Still don't think they will be able to get past OKC

Yes... we need an 8th. H2H requires an even number of teams.

Here is the league info to sign up:

League ID#: 78026
League Name: TalkIrvine2012
Password: motorcourt
Custom League URL:http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/talkirvine2012

I'm thinking about switching to points this season. Instead of comparing stats by category, it gives you points weighted by category and the team with the most points at the end of the week wins (like Fantasy Football). But it's up to you guys.

Also... I removed FG Made and replaced it with FG% and change 3 Util/3 Bench to 2 Util/4 Bench.

Okay... so far 4 are signed up... I'm going to change the settings to cap off at 8 so first come first serve (but if there is a 9 and 10 interested, I'll increase the number).

@Homer: No nephews please. :)

Okay... we now have 5:

chromatin
me
IR2
PS9 (I'm assuming that 5th team is him)

We need 3 more to sign up on the Yahoo site... I think we have 9 who expressed interest so either one needs to be "not as interested" or we should find a 10th.

Okay... so bones is on standby if we don't find a 10th.

So that means the following need to sign up:

USC
Homer (not his nephew)
TMC

Edit: 1 down, 2 to go

So how do you guys want to do this draft?

A friend of mine told me the way he gets around scheduling issues in his work league is they just do the draft over a few days or even a week. They set the draft order, set up Yahoo as a manual draft and everyone tells everyone via email who their next pick is. If someone doesn't make a pick within X hours or the next day, the commish will autopick the next highest ranked player on Yahoo for them.

It takes away the fun of live pressure drafting... but it also allows for people who can't make the draft time. I have it set to Offline Draft for now so I don't have to choose a date. If we decide on a Live Draft, I will set the date/time based on what we agree on here.

I still prefer a live draft, Sunday late night should work for everyone?  Or any weekday late night is fine too, before Leno?

irvinehomeowner said:
Okay... so bones is on standby if we don't find a 10th.

So that means the following need to sign up:

USC
Homer (not his nephew)
TMC

Edit: 1 down, 2 to go
I just signed up.  When's the draft? 

So still no Lakers on uverse or cox... My dad was very sad he won't be able to watch lakers on kcal anymore, sucky deal for LA basketball fans who can't afford or refuse to pay for TV.  Now both LA teams will be on paid TV only except for the holiday games and playoffs...

Watching games online for now on nbaliveonline.  Quality sucks, but better than nothing.  I really hope Cox signs on soon...

USCTrojanCPA said:
I just signed up.  When's the draft? 
Cool... so we're just waiting on TMCC.

Draft is still up in the air... I'm with PS9 for late night but the only problem is the latest Yahoo lets you draft is 8:45pm.

TMCC still hasn't signed up, looks like bones may have to be "interested" again.

Any idea what to do about the draft? Latest time is 8:45pm... what are the preferred days?

Back