Midterm Elections

While crazies on the Right manufacture new conspiracy theories daily (remember, 2/3rds of Republicans believe, to this day, Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim), they attempt to conspire against the Enemies of the People (folks who aren't white nationalists nor white evangelicals).

Law School Professor Sinks Plot To Smear Mueller
You could hardly pick a worse potential co-conspirator.
https://abovethelaw.com/2018/11/law-school-professor-sinks-plot-to-smear-mueller/

This midterm election at this late stage has become a sociologist experiment in how much can you manipulate white voters by scaring them from every which angle.

you don?t even have to believe that that small business contractor with a goatee who wears a red MAGA hat and drives a truck festooned with eagles and confederate flags is going to do anything else anyways

We will all find out next Wednesday morning

fortune11 said:
This midterm election at this late stage has become a sociologist experiment in how much can you manipulate white voters by scaring them from every which angle.

you don?t even have to believe that that small business contractor with a goatee who wears a red MAGA hat and drives a truck festooned with eagles and confederate flags is going to do anything else anyways

Come to think of it. I believe his posts were to deflect my post regarding the US losing the war in Afghanistan.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-report-taliban-gains-control-intl/index.html

fortune11 said:

Fox News' ratings higher than CNN and MSNBC combined.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-praises-fox-news-apos-140804948.html

That's a shock. Is Fox now part of the mainstream media?

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:

Fox News has been part of the mainstream media for many years, which makes their regular criticism of it laughable.

Trump is very proud of his state run media juggernaut!

If you don't watch/listen to Fox News, you have to give it a few minutes every day. It is pretty shocking. I tune in for a few minutes during my commute (Serius/XM). The evening programs are insane (Dobbs, Hannity, Carlson, Ingrahm, etc.).

So when they get here and find out that we too have climate change...will they continue North to Canada and the Arctic in order to escape the warming....this angle is hilarious.

The unseen driver behind the migrant caravan: climate change

Thousands of Central American migrants trudging through Mexico towards the US have regularly been described as either fleeing gang violence or extreme poverty.

But another crucial driving factor behind the migrant caravan has been harder to grasp: climate change.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/30/migrant-caravan-causes-climate-change-central-america

morekaos said:
So when they get here and find out that we too have climate change...will they continue North to Canada and the Arctic in order to escape the warming....this angle is hilarious.

The unseen driver behind the migrant caravan: climate change

Thousands of Central American migrants trudging through Mexico towards the US have regularly been described as either fleeing gang violence or extreme poverty.

But another crucial driving factor behind the migrant caravan has been harder to grasp: climate change.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/30/migrant-caravan-causes-climate-change-central-america

Is it just as hilarious that seniors choose to relocate to drier and warmer climates? I think it's a valid reason and the point of the article is missed if that's your takeaway.

I will make one final comment here and then revisit after we have the results in hand on Wednesday

Polls can vary a lot and can mislead but the desperation on the republican side with all these appeals to race baiting tells me something is going right for dems especially when it comes to the house . We will see .

Morekaos was echoing the "red wave" idea a couple months ago.

The very likely result at this point is the Dems take the House by a decent number of seats, and the Reps increase their seats in the Senate slightly.

Should this occur, the spin on the Right will be that everything is great, and now they can push more federal judges through because it'll be easier with their increased margin.

The reality is the Reps' legislative agenda will be dead for two years, and Lord Demagogue will spend the next two years responding to Congressional subpoenas, a precedent set by the Reps.

Can't wait to see Trump's financials leaked showing he owns (personally or fractionally through businesses) a billion dollars worth of real estate, with two billion dollars of associated debt.

Schadenfreude awaits!

Perspective said:
Happiness said:
fortune11 said:

Fox News has been part of the mainstream media for many years, which makes their regular criticism of it laughable.

Trump is very proud of his state run media juggernaut!

If you don't watch/listen to Fox News, you have to give it a few minutes every day. It is pretty shocking. I tune in for a few minutes during my commute (Serius/XM). The evening programs are insane (Dobbs, Hannity, Carlson, Ingrahm, etc.).

Here's one moment of accidental honesty from Fox State News today:

Fox & Friends Defends Trump Media Attacks: He?s Simply Asking Report News the ?Way I Want it Reported?https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-fri...-asking-report-it-the-way-i-want-it-reported/

Perspective said:
Kings said:
Perspective said:
fortune11 said:
And I never want to hear the phrase ?played the race card? applied to people of color ever again. Trump is throwing the entire deck at the American electorate right now and none of the anti-?identity politics? crusaders have a harsh word to say about it

THere's a reason the poorly educated, anti-semites, racists, and White Nationalists unconditionally love Trump.

This is Trump on whether Soros is funding the migrant caravan, after the synagogue mass shooting: ?I don?t know who, but I wouldn?t be surprised. A lot of people say yes.?

This is Trump gaslightlieg. I'm gonna say something provocative and demonstrably false, but I'm going to deny that I'm saying it. I'm just repeating what others have said. So I'm not responsible for the veracity or racist character of the content. I'll also confirm that many others believe this, even if I don't necessarily believe it, adding weight to its truth.

This is not acceptable behavior from your neighbor, much less POTUS.

so who is funding the caravan effort?  genuinely curious who you think it is, because poor people who can't survive in their own poor country cannot afford to travel on foot over 2,000 miles over the course of a month.  not to mention the organized trucks driving people and cash handouts.

Let's walk through your logic, asking some simple basic questions far too many Trump enthusiasts fail to ask on a daily basis. How much more does it cost to travel by foot and hitchhiking, than struggle to survive daily living in Central America? Who would benefit most by creating a caravan of brown folks, full of rapists, murderers, and communicable diseases long thought eradicated a century ago, marching to invade the US? Politicians in these countries have started these caravans before. For some reason, this one has gained a lot of attention, even as it fades.

But yea, let's not try to think. Let's just assume a Globalist Jew is behind this conspiracy. #MAGA!

I'm still waiting to hear how the caravan is a Left conspiracy...

Lindsey Graham's wrecking ball comment reminded me of an iconic Economist cover: MBS is a "wrecking ball" who had Khashoggi murdered, he's "toxic" and he's "gotta go."

Attachments

• WreckingBall.jpg
    WreckingBall.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 150
Perspective said:
Perspective said:
Kings said:
Perspective said:
fortune11 said:
And I never want to hear the phrase ?played the race card? applied to people of color ever again. Trump is throwing the entire deck at the American electorate right now and none of the anti-?identity politics? crusaders have a harsh word to say about it

THere's a reason the poorly educated, anti-semites, racists, and White Nationalists unconditionally love Trump.

This is Trump on whether Soros is funding the migrant caravan, after the synagogue mass shooting: ?I don?t know who, but I wouldn?t be surprised. A lot of people say yes.?

This is Trump gaslightlieg. I'm gonna say something provocative and demonstrably false, but I'm going to deny that I'm saying it. I'm just repeating what others have said. So I'm not responsible for the veracity or racist character of the content. I'll also confirm that many others believe this, even if I don't necessarily believe it, adding weight to its truth.

This is not acceptable behavior from your neighbor, much less POTUS.

so who is funding the caravan effort?  genuinely curious who you think it is, because poor people who can't survive in their own poor country cannot afford to travel on foot over 2,000 miles over the course of a month.  not to mention the organized trucks driving people and cash handouts.

Let's walk through your logic, asking some simple basic questions far too many Trump enthusiasts fail to ask on a daily basis. How much more does it cost to travel by foot and hitchhiking, than struggle to survive daily living in Central America? Who would benefit most by creating a caravan of brown folks, full of rapists, murderers, and communicable diseases long thought eradicated a century ago, marching to invade the US? Politicians in these countries have started these caravans before. For some reason, this one has gained a lot of attention, even as it fades.

But yea, let's not try to think. Let's just assume a Globalist Jew is behind this conspiracy. #MAGA!

I'm still waiting to hear how the caravan is a Left conspiracy...

sorry, busy all day yesterday not collecting handouts from the government  ;)

i don't see an answer to my question of who is funding it?  how much does it cost to take essentially a month long vacation with no income? can these people really afford that?  are you saying politicians in these countries are sending their poorest to our border?  we cut off aid that they use to line their pockets in response and they gain how exactly?

and now they are claiming their US constitutional rights are being violated while they are not even in the US?  is this a joke?  who is funding this class action lawsuit?  more questions, no answers!

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump, government; claim violation of constitutional rights

A dozen migrants traveling by foot from Honduras to the U.S. to seek asylum filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday against President Trump, the Department of Homeland Security and others, claiming a violation of their due process under the Fifth Amendment.

The Fifth Amendment states that, "no person? shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

A recent PBS report cited former Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who ruled in 1993 case that "it is well established that the Fifth Amendment entitles aliens to due process of law in a deportation proceeding."

Twelve Honduran nationals, including six children, are listed as plaintiffs in the lawsuit. The suit, which was filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., said it is widely known that Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are ?undergoing a well-documented human rights crisis.? The lawsuit also claims that the plaintiffs? right to the Administrative Procedures Act and the Declaratory Judgement Act were being infringed upon.

The Central American migrant caravan now numbers approximately 4,000 people, down from a high of 7,200.

The lawsuit points to Trump's claim that he will prevent the caravan from entering the U.S. It claims that the president cannot stop asylum-seekers by employing the military -- when they have a fair claim. The suit criticized the president's alleged attempt at stoking "fear and hysteria" by claiming that criminals and gang members have joined the caravan.

The suit cited a Trump interview with Fox News? Laura Ingraham, where the president laid out plans to build tent cities to house migrants. The suit questioned the functionality of such a project, and asked if these living quarters would qualify under the Flores Agreement of 1997. The agreement protects asylum-seekers? rights and limits how long minors can be held.

Earlier this summer, a federal judge in California rejected a request by the administration to modify Flores to allow for longer family detention. Administration officials say they have the authority to terminate the agreement, but that is likely to be tested in court.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/migrants-traveling-to-us-sue-trump-government-claim-violation-of-constitutional-rights

These guys are a joke. They just spin the story.
They don?t have a valid winning argument on the key issues:
1. Tax cut not favorable to middle class
2. Health care (pre existing conditions or universal care)
3. Tarriffs hurting businesses (companies are starting to raise prices)

What's the difference between living in abject poverty with little to no income, and travelling in abject poverty with little to no income? Not much. The latter comes with the potential of improving a miserable life. Plenty find it worth the risk and effort.

If you want to speculate as to whether some person or group could be funding the caravan, you should start with the questions: Who would do this? Why? How would they benefit?

Perspective said:
What's the difference between living in abject poverty with little to no income, and travelling in abject poverty with little to no income? Not much. The latter comes with the potential of improving a miserable life. Plenty find it worth the risk and effort.

If you want to speculate as to whether some person or group could be funding the caravan, you should start with the questions: Who would do this? Why? How would they benefit?

The migrant lawsuit is funded by Nexus Services, a private bail bond company serving those in immigration detention. 5,000 new customers, there's your motive.

Happiness said:
Perspective said:

The migrant lawsuit is funded by Nexus Services, a private bail bond company serving those in immigration detention. 5,000 new customers, there's your motive.

Those people are not very nice.

Firm accused of preying on detained immigrants faces widening investigations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/investigations-expand-into-company-accused-of-preying-on-detained-immigrants/2018/04/20/e31329d8-44a6-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.4914ff6a2cc0

Happiness said:
Perspective said:

So, Trump is gaslighting us when he suggests it's Soros?

Back