Masks?

You don't need any masks if you are part of Gavin Newsom's circle but if you are one of his servants you have to wear it.

irvinehomeowner said:
The mask requirement ends if you're fully vaccinated I believe.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
Unenforceable so will go unfollowed.

And we will continue to see variants.

One good thing... flu cases have been milder and fewer.

Of course we will?as I have said, we will never be rid of this?eradication was an impossible fantasy?virus gonna virus?

Since flu has been eliminated, if we plot the sum of COVID and flu cases, I bet 2021 and 2022 will look like 2019 and all the years before.

Because he is vaccinated. Please remind us if you are vaccinated.
Gottem

akula1488 said:
You don't need any masks if you are part of Gavin Newsom's circle but if you are one of his servants you have to wear it.

irvinehomeowner said:
The mask requirement ends if you're fully vaccinated I believe.

akula1488 said:
Since flu has been eliminated, if we plot the sum of COVID and flu cases, I bet 2021 and 2022 will look like 2019 and all the years before.

Flu 30,000 dead a year.

Covid 904,718 dead in two years and one month.

You do realize how different those numbers are, right?

akula1488 said:

Always remember akula gonna be akula - not even a good troll

If YOU HAD PLOTTED any of this you would have easily seen how absurd, asinine (and a bunch of other words) your statement was. To you an extra 400,000 deaths per year in the US is just a joke and almost all of them were the unvaccinated. You must be so proud of your narrative and its consequences, particularly to the group you want to be in. Living in an alternate world must be nice because no other humans are there with you.

Per Wikipedia "In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception". Calling you a troll would be giving you more credit than you deserve.

I saw a transparent medical mask on a TV show (the character was deaf so it was used so her signer could read her lips) and it seems like it would be good for teachers since there is also some distancing.

Amazon markets them to any type of service workers like restaurant staff.

71l3my2tHKL._AC_SX148_SY213_QL70_.jpg

They also have a cloth windowed one:

61vD1ZzDUYL._AC_SX148_SY213_QL70_.jpg

I saw a server at Earl of Sandwich wearing these plastic ones that fit like sunglasses:

61FPZWYExvL._AC_SX148_SY213_QL70_.jpg

But they look heavy.

UCF Today: The effectiveness of face masks has been a hotly debated topic since the emergence of COVID-19. However, a new study by researchers at the University of Central Florida offers more evidence that they work.

In a study appearing today in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, the researchers found that face masks reduce the distance airborne pathogens could travel, when speaking or coughing, by more than half compared to not wearing a mask.

The findings are important as airborne viral pathogens, such as SARS-CoV-2, can be encapsulated and transmitted through liquid droplets and aerosols formed during human respiratory functions such as speaking and coughing.

Knowing ways to reduce this transmission distance can help keep people safe and aid in managing responses to pandemics, such as COVD-19, which has resulted in global-scale infection, health care system overloads, and economic damage.

These responses could include relaxing some social distancing guidelines when masks are worn.

?The research provides clear evidence and guidelines that 3 feet of distancing with face coverings is better than 6 feet of distancing without face coverings,? says study co-author Kareem Ahmed, an associate professor in UCF?s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

Using diagnostic tools commonly used for understanding how fluids move through air, the researchers measured the distance in all directions that droplets and aerosols travel from people speaking and coughing, when wearing different types of masks and when not.

The researchers found that a cloth face covering reduced emissions in all directions to about two feet compared to the four feet of emissions produced when coughing or speaking with no mask on.

The reduction was even greater when wearing a surgical mask, which reduced the distance coughing and speaking emissions traveled to only about half a foot.

The researchers got the idea for the study from the jet propulsion research they do.

Study co-authors were Jonathan Reyes, lead author and a postdoctoral researcher; Bernhard Stiehl, a postdoctoral researcher; Juanpablo Delgado, a master?s student; and Michael Kinzel, an assistant professor. All are with UCF?s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
https://www.ucf.edu/news/face-masks...thogens-could-travel-in-half-new-study-finds/

Another research that shows masks helps reduce the the distance airborne pathogens could travel.
(Do you trust this article or someone that posts on fb? Haha)

...or....

Were masks a waste of time?
Experts advocated an intervention they once thought useless

A document published by the World Health Organisation in 2019 framed the results of these studies in no uncertain terms: ?there was no evidence that face masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza?. It?s unsurprising, then, that when the CDC briefed reporters on the pandemic in February of 2020, masking was not even mentioned among the NPIs that might be deployed. The UK government, too, stated early in 2020 that there was no evidence to support masking.

os Angeles County, the most populous county in the US, imposed one of the earliest mask mandates in the United States, just after the CDC released its new guidance in early April 2020. By May, the county was requiring masks outdoors as well as indoors and enjoying 96-97% compliance. (It also imposed an array of other strict mitigation measures.) But it had case and mortality rates well above the national average throughout 2020 and 2021. LA currently ranks 3rd among California counties in its Covid death rate, faring worse than numerous counties with mask mandates of shorter duration and lower levels of compliance.

Such criticisms would be more damaging to Miller?s case if the officials and experts who have embraced mask mandates were more modest in their own assertions. Not only did they jettison years of prior research pointing to the minimal efficacy of masking, they also made empirically indefensible claims that masks alone could end the pandemic.

For instance, Miller compiles the astonishing claims made by Dr. Robert Redfield, who directed the CDC until just a year ago. In September 2020, Redfield described masks as ?the most powerful public health tool we have?, claimed they offered ?more Covid protection than vaccines would?, and stated: ?If we [wore masks] for 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks, we?d bring this pandemic under control.? While they may not rule out some small effects of masking, Miller?s charts expose claims such as Redfield?s as delusional propaganda.
https://unherd.com/2022/02/were-masks-a-waste-of-time/

I trust the mask research that did like a simulation with results vs someone that talked about mask theoretically.

eyephone said:
UCF Today: The effectiveness of face masks has been a hotly debated topic since the emergence of COVID-19. However, a new study by researchers at the University of Central Florida offers more evidence that they work.

In a study appearing today in the Journal of Infectious Diseases, the researchers found that face masks reduce the distance airborne pathogens could travel, when speaking or coughing, by more than half compared to not wearing a mask.

The findings are important as airborne viral pathogens, such as SARS-CoV-2, can be encapsulated and transmitted through liquid droplets and aerosols formed during human respiratory functions such as speaking and coughing.

Knowing ways to reduce this transmission distance can help keep people safe and aid in managing responses to pandemics, such as COVD-19, which has resulted in global-scale infection, health care system overloads, and economic damage.

These responses could include relaxing some social distancing guidelines when masks are worn.

?The research provides clear evidence and guidelines that 3 feet of distancing with face coverings is better than 6 feet of distancing without face coverings,? says study co-author Kareem Ahmed, an associate professor in UCF?s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

Using diagnostic tools commonly used for understanding how fluids move through air, the researchers measured the distance in all directions that droplets and aerosols travel from people speaking and coughing, when wearing different types of masks and when not.

The researchers found that a cloth face covering reduced emissions in all directions to about two feet compared to the four feet of emissions produced when coughing or speaking with no mask on.

The reduction was even greater when wearing a surgical mask, which reduced the distance coughing and speaking emissions traveled to only about half a foot.

The researchers got the idea for the study from the jet propulsion research they do.

Study co-authors were Jonathan Reyes, lead author and a postdoctoral researcher; Bernhard Stiehl, a postdoctoral researcher; Juanpablo Delgado, a master?s student; and Michael Kinzel, an assistant professor. All are with UCF?s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
https://www.ucf.edu/news/face-masks...thogens-could-travel-in-half-new-study-finds/

Another research that shows masks helps reduce the the distance airborne pathogens could travel.
(Do you trust this article or someone that posts on fb? Haha)

eyephone said:
I trust the mask research that did like a simulation with results vs someone that talked about mask theoretically.
[/quote]

What do you think a simulation is? Besides, that article is based on real studies and "simulations".

Effectiveness of Adding a Mask Recommendation to Other Public Health Measures to Prevent SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Danish Mask Wearers
A Randomized Controlled Trial

The Danish trial shows that this specific mask recommendation (plus a box of masks) made during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, with background rates of 2% PCR acquisition, failed to show that mask wearing reduces risk by 50%. In places where there is modest SARS-CoV-2 transmission (like Denmark during these months), there is insufficient evidence to suggest wearing a mask as you go about daily errands will protect you from infection.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

eyephone said:
An opinion by someone is a lot different from a computer generated results.

If the opinion had scientific actual evidence. (Like current data) I would consider it, other than that in my humble but great opinion I will dismiss it.

(let the plebs be plebs)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
An opinion by someone is a lot different from a computer generated results.

If the opinion had scientific actual evidence. (Like current data) I would consider it, other than that in my humble but great opinion I will dismiss it.

(let the plebs be plebs)

That is the actual study abstract that the "opinion" is based on...written by real "scientists"....try reading it.

Yeah try looking at what the article I posted.

The anti crt does not make the kids smarter. Just waste cash. They are fed lies and scared tactics and they believe it. Talk about sheeps they are like turtles.

Back