Marigold at Cypress Village

OpenSky said:
test said:
Fireplaces are like formal dining rooms, no one ever uses them.

Speak for yourself. We use ours constantly in the winter. Energy saver + cozy.

The gas fireplaces with glass insulation put in homes today are just for show.  If you use it thinking it's more efficient then you're a bigger idiot than the person putting insulation in the wall thinking it will block sound.

Does anyone think that these CV homes will reach Laguna Altura pricing per sq footage after build out?  I saw the Siena Plan 3 comparison vs Marigold Plan 1 vs Springhouse Plan 1 argument but when all these get bulit out, which will see the most house appreciation jump?

FranchisePlr said:
Does anyone think that these CV homes will reach Laguna Altura pricing per sq footage after build out?
I don't think so.

LA has a better location in my opinion and the gated enclave feel lends toward a premium price. Based on recent closings, LA seems to have a ton of non-fundamental things going for it as well.

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
FranchisePlr said:
Does anyone think that these CV homes will reach Laguna Altura pricing per sq footage after build out?
I don't think so.

LA has a better location in my opinion and the gated enclave feel lends toward a premium price. Based on recent closings, LA seems to have a ton of non-fundamental things going for it as well.

Sounds like you are admitting you were wrong about how the LA neighborhood would end up... SFR resales have gone for $500 / sq. ft. and the next one is pending at over $600 / sq. ft.
I don't think I said I knew how they would end up, just that at the time, they weren't selling well and there were reasons why (similar floorplans to less expensive Stonegate, inferior layout to original one, high HOA, lack of close by amenities etc etc).

With the run-up in prices, it's easy to hindsight and say LA was a good value back then (and even why I was considering it earlier this year) but my reasons, which were fundamental to me, are obviously not the reasons people are choosing to overpay (yes overpay) in LA.

Tyler Durden said:
Technically though, SF is out of the running, because the 405 terminates somewhere in San Fernando.  It is west of 80 though.

You took the fun out of my comment.  :(  Not everyone knows the 405 FWY terminates to merge with the 5 FWY once people exit out of LA County.

But you are correct with your analysis.  SF is a completely different story.  Plus the rolling hills and the sunsets on the peninsulas are breath-taking. 

Of course, I would never buy SF.  I would rather buy in Pacifica and commute to SF. 

Tyler Durden said:
Before the wife talked me into moving down here (why did i listen??), i was looking at buying something in Woodside.

From my experience living up there, anything south of SFO has great weather.  All the traffic tends to be on the east bay side (as you would expect, since it's cheaper).  However, the best location is the peninsula if you can afford it, since its in between SF and the valley and has caltrain access to both points.

Forget woodside man - sell your place and move here, north San Diego, 3.5 acres all flat
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Rancho-Santa-Fe/17412-La-Brisa-92067/home/4187194

qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:
Before the wife talked me into moving down here (why did i listen??), i was looking at buying something in Woodside.

From my experience living up there, anything south of SFO has great weather.  All the traffic tends to be on the east bay side (as you would expect, since it's cheaper).  However, the best location is the peninsula if you can afford it, since its in between SF and the valley and has caltrain access to both points.

Forget woodside man - sell your place and move here, north San Diego, 3.5 acres all flat

It's beautiful, but pretty isolated. They are asking 60% more than last sale?

paperboyNC said:
qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:

It's beautiful, but pretty isolated. They are asking 60% more than last sale?

the current owners must have remodeled it. looks like they bought from the bank for 997K back in 2010, that is a steal, if i would have known about this place back then i would have bought it and remodeled ourselves and taken our talents to san diego.

I spoke with someone at the sales office, they said that they will continue to build homes ahead of releasing them to buyers because buyers don't want to wait 6 months and want their homes immediate. I don't know if they just don't want to admit that sales has slowed down? If demand exceeds supply, to me, there is no reason why you would build without a buyer?  I am no expert here so would love to get your opinion.

Future CV resident said:
I spoke with someone at the sales office, they said that they will continue to build homes ahead of releasing them to buyers because buyers don't want to wait 6 months and want their homes immediate. I don't know if they just don't want to admit that sales has slowed down? If demand exceeds supply, to me, there is no reason why you would build without a buyer?  I am no expert here so would love to get your opinion.

Didn't some one once said TIC/IP never stop building?

At Saratoga they already have several homes from previous phase unsold and IP still keep on rolling out new phases.  Looks like next year will be a buyer's market for new homes.

What I think a builder should have is a mix.

I believe the one thing most people will want to customize is flooring and that can always be done last. The second is countertops and that can also be done later (but not too late due to the need to put in fixtures).

So having 1) ready-to-go houses that just need flooring, 2) mid-phase builds where you can customize cabinets/counters and then 3) pre-builds where you can choose slab options (Cali Room vs Conservatory, 3-car garage vs flex/super great room) and more customizations would be ideal.

Future CV resident said:

They would only do this if sales are too quick and they can't build fast enough to keep up with demand.  PP did this in anticipation of quick sales but got bit in the ass.

Back in the mid-2000s, the quick move-in inventory were usually homes that fell out of escrow and may have already had user upgrades.

I always wondered about those, as usually you have to pay for the upgrades in advance. If you fall out, and then you don't get your full deposit back minus the upgrades, when they go sell that house to someone else, do they charge them for those "pre-installed" upgrades, thus netting double?

Back