Marigold at Cypress Village

For a homebuilder it's dangerous to have too much gap between signing up for a home and close of escrow.

Often times financial things happen and people aren't able to close the deal, but then all the upgrades are done.

A homebuilder would rather have people RUSH the upgrades options than to lose a sale on a home that has upgrades that another potential seller may not want.

Currently at Marigold they are slowing down because the potential buyers list is getting small.  Certain people are waiting for a specific lot to be released.  So they would rather WAIT to release those lots KNOWING that buyers are lined up for those.  Rather than release it now and waiting 6 to 7 months to close escrow.

It's a gamble either way especially with Pavilion Park selling at the same time.

I heard from the sales office that Phase 14 has been released, but still with 4 Plan 3 homes not yet sold from Phase 13.  Looks like sales are really slowing down.

OpenSky said:
I'm curious how the parking situation is at Marigold for visitors / residents. With no driveways and the tendency to packrat garages, I assume folks just park on street? The Jade Court concept of having parking spaces between the homes is genius; shame there isn't a similar concept nor shared visitor lots for Marigold (outside Floral Park I mean).

Jade Court units are 4 deep whereas Marigold is only 2 deep.  According to city docs Marigold provides 24 additional visitor spots above city requirements whereas Jade Court only provides the city required visitor spots.

OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
I'm curious how the parking situation is at Marigold for visitors / residents. With no driveways and the tendency to packrat garages, I assume folks just park on street? The Jade Court concept of having parking spaces between the homes is genius; shame there isn't a similar concept nor shared visitor lots for Marigold (outside Floral Park I mean).

Jade Court units are 4 deep whereas Marigold is only 2 deep.  According to city docs Marigold provides 24 additional visitor spots above city requirements whereas Jade Court only provides the city required visitor spots.

Marigold courts are 4 deep. By "visitor spots", do you mean on-street parking?

Marigold is 2x2 so it's 2 deep.  Jade Court is 2x4 so it's 4 deep.  The city differentiates by resident stalls and visitor stalls.  Resident stalls are garage and driveway, visitor is everything else.

OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:

Marigold is 2x2 so it's 2 deep.  Jade Court is 2x4 so it's 4 deep.  The city differentiates by resident stalls and visitor stalls.  Resident stalls are garage and driveway, visitor is everything else.

Unless I'm mistaken, the "visitor spots" appear to be the parking for Floral Park, which is exactly 24 spots.

No, Floral Park has 25 spots.  Floral Park is not part of the Marigold development, you can't take for example Mulberry's spots and apply it to Marigold.  Also visitor spots have to be within 100 feet to the house it's being applied to, Floral Park isn't even close.

OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the "visitor spots" appear to be the parking for Floral Park, which is exactly 24 spots.

No, Floral Park has 25 spots.  Floral Park is not part of the Marigold development, you can't take for example Mulberry's spots and apply it to Marigold.  Also visitor spots have to be within 100 feet to the house it's being applied to, Floral Park isn't even close.

Where exactly are the visitor spots for Marigold?

Jade still has court parking, Marigold doesn't. I presume that takes cars off the street, marginally.

Marigold is all street parking.  Jade Court doesn't have enough street parking to meet the city requirements so the ones inside the court make up the difference.

test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:
test said:
OpenSky said:

Where exactly are the visitor spots for Marigold?

Jade still has court parking, Marigold doesn't. I presume that takes cars off the street, marginally.

Marigold is all street parking.  Jade Court doesn't have enough street parking to meet the city requirements so the ones inside the court make up the difference.
Street parking should be okay. I remember reading a previous post on a different topic, where the person doesn't lock the door to the car and then complained someone got something from the car. Lol

CV resident said:
I heard from the sales office that Phase 14 has been released, but still with 4 Plan 3 homes not yet sold from Phase 13.  Looks like sales are really slowing down.

I went in the sales office today and they didn't have any price sheets for Phase 14.  So either they are just calling potential buyers on the phone or they haven't released Phase 14 yet.

ZeroLot said:
CV resident said:

I went in the sales office today and they didn't have any price sheets for Phase 14.  So either they are just calling potential buyers on the phone or they haven't released Phase 14 yet.

I actually spoke with the sales office this morning, they released Phase 15 already and have only 1 left remaining to be sold.  Apparently, Phase 13/14 are not attractive because of the location (towards the back along Trabuco).  Pricewise - definitely not going down.

CV resident said:
ZeroLot said:
CV resident said:

I actually spoke with the sales office this morning, they released Phase 15 already and have only 1 left remaining to be sold.  Apparently, Phase 13/14 are not attractive because of the location (towards the back along Trabuco).  Pricewise - definitely not going down.

Is Phase 15 along Gardenstone Path??  How much is the Phase 15 going for?  If Phase 15 is where Gardenstone Path some units have the extra size side yard.  That would be premium lots.

ZeroLot said:
CV resident said:
ZeroLot said:
CV resident said:

Is Phase 15 along Gardenstone Path??  How much is the Phase 15 going for?  If Phase 15 is where Gardenstone Path some units have the extra size side yard.  That would be premium lots.

Also talked to one of the sales on Sunday.  Originally they had the plan for 19 phases.  They are skipping the last two original planned phases which include the model homes to keep the sales office and model homes, so they can sell the Marigold extension on the corner of Sand Canyon and Trabuco.

[/quote]

Yes.  Along Gardenstone Path

Back