Marigold at Cypress Village

Chairman said:
For Irvine Pacific, I don't think they allow you to bring your own inspector pre drywall. I will gently push for this and see if I can be persuasive enough to make it happen. Anyone go through this process yet with any insight to provide? Many thanks in advance.

I will also try to do a gentle push but I highly doubt they will let us do that.  IP no longer allow any inspectors pre drywall.  But we can try.

test said:
You gotta do it at various stages of construction before the drywall goes up, otherwise no point really.

this is not true. they will even find stuff after the drywall goes up. it just may not be as significant as things they find before the drywall goes up, but still worthwhile. 

ZeroLot said:
Chairman said:
For Irvine Pacific, I don't think they allow you to bring your own inspector pre drywall. I will gently push for this and see if I can be persuasive enough to make it happen. Anyone go through this process yet with any insight to provide? Many thanks in advance.

I will also try to do a gentle push but I highly doubt they will let us do that.  IP no longer allow any inspectors pre drywall.  But we can try.
You should ask why.

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
Chairman said:

You should ask why.

Someone way up high made the executive decision starting January 2013 to prevent any pre dry wall inspections.

Their reason is that these inspections are holding up construction.

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
Chairman said:

You should ask why.

Someone way up high made the executive decision starting January 2013 to prevent any pre dry wall inspections.

Their reason is that these inspections are holding up quality construction.
Fixed that for you. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ZeroLot said:
Chairman said:

You should ask why.

Their reason is that these inspections are holding up quality construction.
Fixed that for you. :)

Yes, thank you.  Let's not hold up the high quality, A+, 4.99 GPA, construction.  ;)

Chairman said:
Congrats on your new home purchase! I will probably see you around the neighborhood one of these days.

Cool! in which community at cypress village did you purchase a home?

Future CV resident said:
Chairman said:
Congrats on your new home purchase! I will probably see you around the neighborhood one of these days.

Cool! in which community at cypress village did you purchase a home?

Hi Future CV resident,

Welcome to TI.  Sorry for not seeing this post earlier.  I've got this thread in my notifications now.

I'm at Marigold, although I'll most likely be hanging out at Floral Park most of the time.  How about you??

Which is a better buy?  Marigold Plan 3 in Cypress Village 774k or one of the Pavillion Park starter homes (Roundtree or Springhouse) that range from 775-799k.  PP has driveways, street access and bigger backyards, CV has location to freeway and amenities.

FranchisePlr said:
Which is a better buy?  Marigold Plan 3 in Cypress Village 774k or one of the Pavillion Park starter homes (Roundtree or Springhouse) that range from 775-799k.  PP has driveways, street access and bigger backyards, CV has location to freeway and amenities.
That's a good one, I like CV's location (although many don't like being that close to the freeway) but I like PP's starter home (Springhouse over Roundtree) floorplans better.

The rule is to buy location... but if you have to choose a motorcourt... it's tough (and some PP homes are motorcourt).

I give PP the slight edge.

irvinehomeowner said:
FranchisePlr said:
That's a good one, I like CV's location (although many don't like being that close to the freeway) but I like PP's starter home (Springhouse over Roundtree) floorplans better.

The rule is to buy location... but if you have to choose a motorcourt... it's tough (and some PP homes are motorcourt).

I give PP the slight edge.

I have to say location is more important.  Proximity to work is the most important for me with ease of access to school.  I don't like wasting time on the road taking the kids back and forth from school.

But that's just my opinion.

bones said:
I haven't seen marigold or roundtree so I can't give you an opinion, but note that people on this forum always favor the neighborhood where they bought/are buying so just understand that some ppl's opinions are slightly biased :)  I used to live in PS and was the biggest PS cheerleader.  Now that I sold, I couldn't give 2 sh!ts about PS.

I would have to agree with you.  I used to live in WB and was a HUGE WB cheerleader.  Now I sold and am so glad to get out of WB.  I will miss the ease of access to Creamistry and other restaurants but I needed the change of scenery.

And of course I'm biased.  I need people to buy so I can increase in my equity!  >:D  Too bad I don't get a commission off the sales.  lol

irvinehomeowner said:
@bones:

Pros and cons of PS?

Here is my off the cuff list. Feel free to add to it. Some people may view something that is a con as a pro. Everyone's perception will be different.

Pros:

1) Nice secluded feeling when you live over there. It is away from all the commotion.

2) Close to toll freeways.

3) Nice hilly parts in some areas. Hills add a little more texture to the landscape vs boring flat lands.

4) Some parts over there have nice city night views of Irvine and Newport.

5) Home are typically priced lower over there due to being further from the ocean if you have a similar comp that is closer to the 405/5. This may vary across different home builders and neighborhoods.

Cons:

1) It is further away from the freeway and takes longer to get over to the other side of the 405.

2) Very close to toll freeways.

3) Closer to the Bowman landfill.

4) No schools within the community that are a short walking distance (from what I know).

5) No shopping centers within a short walking distance (short driving distance, yes).

We don't need no stinkin' fireplaces. I opted to take it out since it blocked a wall I could potentially put a sofa against.

Back