Listings that pique my interest... feedback?

Oh  :-X  :-* Thats all I can say about this house~ No need to fly out to Africa for a safari.

52 Barcelona, Irvine

http://www.redfin.com/homes-for-sale#!lat=33.677921&listing_id=20548543&long=-117.82192199999997&market=socal&max_price=800000&min_price=600000&v=8&zoomLevel=17

Polygon Homes built Cristal in Northwood Pointe.

ps9 said:
Anyone know who built these Cristal homes?  I want to say Taylor Woodrow... seems their style with long hall way and rooms branching off..

The owner still live here, so definitely not staged (if it was, it wasn't very good).  Asked the agent about the foreclosure, he mumbled something about the owner foreclosing on another owner?  Not sure what he meant by that.  Floorplan is not my cup of tea.. but it is something you don't see from the new homes..  I always want to see a Cristal Plan 1... love me some circular dome architecture!

aquabliss said:
I like this one on the surface:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/11741-Sleeper-Ave-92782/home/4764625

3CG in Tustin Ranch for under $900k.  Strange though they don't show any pictures of the bedrooms, not a one - probably not a good sign.  Also trying to figure out exactly how the great room is laid out but unfortunately I think it's going to be long and narrow.

They had an open house this weekend so I went by... The neighborhood (while gated) feels very compact and cramped, I don't think they had sidewalks (can't remember for sure), but if they did there wasn't a greenbelt on either side... and all the driveways were really short so the houses were very close to the street. 

Also the layout is wonky, the "great room" is really small and the formal living, though it does open up to the second floor, feels like an afterthought.  Was a bit disappointed as I had higher hopes for this one. 

aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:
I like this one on the surface:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/11741-Sleeper-Ave-92782/home/4764625

3CG in Tustin Ranch for under $900k.  Strange though they don't show any pictures of the bedrooms, not a one - probably not a good sign.  Also trying to figure out exactly how the great room is laid out but unfortunately I think it's going to be long and narrow.

They had an open house this weekend so I went by... The neighborhood (while gated) feels very compact and cramped, I don't think they had sidewalks (can't remember for sure), but if they did there wasn't a greenbelt on either side... and all the driveways were really short so the houses were very close to the street. 

Also the layout is wonky, the "great room" is really small and the formal living, though it does open up to the second floor, feels like an afterthought.  Was a bit disappointed as I had higher hopes for this one. 
I think you are talking about:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2918-Sleeper-Ave-92782/home/4764631

11741 Sleeper is the 3 car garage in an L formation, 2918 Sleeper is the 3 car wide garage.

11714 is pending so I don't think they had an Open House last weekend.

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
aquabliss said:

I think you are talking about:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2918-Sleeper-Ave-92782/home/4764631

11741 Sleeper is the 3 car garage in an L formation, 2918 Sleeper is the 3 car wide garage.

11714 is pending so I don't think they had an Open House last weekend.

My wife and I went to see 2918 Sleeper yesterday.  The home was very well maintained, showed well but it felt very dated inside.  My wife liked the backyard because it was low maintanence and it had a little water foutain with tad pools inside lol.  The secondary rooms all felt small to me and the loft felt cramped because of the built-ins. 

Homer J Simpson said:
My wife and I went to see 2918 Sleeper yesterday.
Whoah... almost a meet-up... we were looking at an open house in Northwood and almost went to Sleeper but the kids wanted to go swimming instead.

That floorplan is my favorite of all the ones in Sedona, the only one with a 3CWG and an upstairs laundry. So was it configured with 3 bedrooms (other than the master) upstairs instead of the teen room?

Yep. 

In the garage, they didn't have epoxies but they did have the checkered thing you posted about before..  They had the little speed bump things inside too, I think that was to warn the Asian drivers of how much room they had left before plowing into the kitchen.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Polygon Homes built Cristal in Northwood Pointe.

ps9 said:
Anyone know who built these Cristal homes?  I want to say Taylor Woodrow... seems their style with long hall way and rooms branching off..

The owner still live here, so definitely not staged (if it was, it wasn't very good).  Asked the agent about the foreclosure, he mumbled something about the owner foreclosing on another owner?  Not sure what he meant by that.  Floorplan is not my cup of tea.. but it is something you don't see from the new homes..  I always want to see a Cristal Plan 1... love me some circular dome architecture!

Thanks, never heard of Polygon, looks like they're in the northwest now? 

I can't believe you guys like this community, doesn't it feel really small and cramped (narrow streets and slim to no sidewalks)?  Felt really claustrophobic to me.

aquabliss said:
I can't believe you guys like this community, doesn't it feel really small and cramped (narrow streets and slim to no sidewalks)?  Felt really claustrophobic to me.
Uh... Irvine's newer communities aren't that much more spacious. How about no streets or sidewalks? Just a motorcourt and then you can walk down it to find the sidewalk and street.

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
Uh... Irvine's newer communities aren't that much more spacious. How about no streets or sidewalks? Just a motorcourt and then you can walk down it to find the sidewalk and street.

That I agree, but the street in front of my Woodbury condo feels much more spacious than this SFH community... Too picky perhaps.

rube77 said:
newbie question: what exactly makes a "motorcourt" home?

Group of homes with garages that share a driveway. And the front doors typically face the driveway.

motor%20court.jpg

Back