Listings that pique my interest... feedback?

All Foothill Ranch homes seem to have really tiny great rooms.  The kitchen and great room area is just this small cramped rectangle, even in those 3k sq ft house.  Seems like 95% of FR homes have a similar layout. 

aquabliss said:
All Foothill Ranch homes seem to have really tiny great rooms.  The kitchen and great room area is just this small cramped rectangle, even in those 3k sq ft house.  Seems like 95% of FR homes have a similar layout. 

Typical of 90s style homes.  You know you have the living room (with piano) and formal dining room to branch off to.  Not every party has to be around a kitchen island the size of two ping pong tables.

Yep... in a one great room floorplan... how do you get away from the smell of the stinky tofu and shrimp paste?

#OldSchoolFloorplan4Life

WTTCMN said:
aquabliss said:

I get what you are saying but some irvine homes are the same. Like this portisol that just closed at $939k in Woodbury.  Pretty tiny great room and no "extra" rooms.  I'd buy that FR house 10 times before I buy the Woodbury one.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/35-Waterspout-92620/home/5959350

Just 8 miles down the road.. what a difference.. location, location, location!  If the FR guy would have bought in Woodbury back in 05, he would be selling at a gain right now instead of a loss.  Guess this is why we all buy in Irvine.

woodburyowner said:
WTTCMN said:
aquabliss said:

I get what you are saying but some irvine homes are the same. Like this portisol that just closed at $939k in Woodbury.  Pretty tiny great room and no "extra" rooms.  I'd buy that FR house 10 times before I buy the Woodbury one.

Just 8 miles down the road.. what a difference.. location, location, location!  If the FR guy would have bought in Woodbury back in 05, he would be selling at a gain right now instead of a loss.  Guess this is why we all buy in Irvine.

man, memories are short. a couple of years ago if you bought in woodbury in 2005/2006 you would have sold at a loss.

qwerty said:
woodburyowner said:

man, memories are short. a couple of years ago if you bought in woodbury in 2005/2006 you would have sold at a loss.

I was using these 2 listings as an example. 

35 Waterspout - purchased March 2006 for $857k, sold Aug 2014 $939k
22 Flores - purchased May 2005 for $1.065k, sold ?? but currently listed for $899k

If the 22 Flores owner purchased the same Portisol property in May 2005, it would have been probably $810k?  Of course there are landscaping costs for the new Portisol home, but if I had a time machine and had to choose between these 2 properties in 2005, I think the clear winner is to have purchased the Woodbury property.   

qwerty said:
woodburyowner said:
WTTCMN said:
aquabliss said:

But I think we can all agree to a certain extent that the degree of loss isn't as great in Irvine as some other OC cities like Ladera or Coto or RSM

Paris167 said:
qwerty said:
woodburyowner said:
WTTCMN said:
aquabliss said:

But I think we can all agree to a certain extent that the degree of loss isn't as great in Irvine as some other OC cities like Ladera or Coto or RSM

completely agree with this. 

Back