Legado at Portola Springs III

Aurora and Solstice in Altair are condo's with driveways. 

Welton and Melody in Beacon Park were condos and all had driveways. Resales pop up here/there.

There are some previous condo developments where a few of the lots had driveways e.g. Harper and Elwood in Beacon park.

I'm pretty sure some of the Cadence offerings will be condo's with driveways.

Driveways in motor courts means a lot of cars in a very tight area.  No driveways in motor courts means the FCB?s will park parallel to their garage right in the alley.

I hate motor courts almost as much as I hate Henry Mello and Mike Roos.

Burn That Belly said:
Countess said:
Does anyone know of another detached condominium project in Irvine where all the houses have a 2-car driveway?  I really want the driveway -- particularly now since the price of houses in Irvine has climbed quite a bit.  I want the driveway for myself, but also if I re-sell the house.  Let me know of any other projects with driveways...I want to see all possible before buying.

Piedmont, Belvedere, Calistoga, Morro, Beverly, Avila, Como, Terra, Juniper and Elderberry all have two car driveways.

Resell is not about two car driveway. It?s location.

So which one of those is the lowest priced detached condo with a driveway?

lnc said:
Burn That Belly said:
Countess said:
Does anyone know of another detached condominium project in Irvine where all the houses have a 2-car driveway?  I really want the driveway -- particularly now since the price of houses in Irvine has climbed quite a bit.  I want the driveway for myself, but also if I re-sell the house.  Let me know of any other projects with driveways...I want to see all possible before buying.

Piedmont, Belvedere, Calistoga, Morro, Beverly, Avila, Como, Terra, Juniper and Elderberry all have two car driveways.

Resell is not about two car driveway. It?s location.

So which one of those is the lowest priced detached condo with a driveway?

Legado is probably the lowest priced new construction with a driveway.  There are other older resale options as well too, though, that can be cheaper.

Also, I think only a few Juniper lots have driveways.  Most do not.

serakim81 said:
I am curious as to the resale value of Legado vs Talise.

Well okay, so it goes back to the other questions - how do the current prices compare?  Anything special about the lots in particular that you are considering?

serakim81 said:
I think the prices are similar.  Hypothetically, if the lot sizes are the same as well, which one do you like better?  ;D

If prices and lot sizes are the same, and you don?t have a strong preference in terms of floor plan, then I?d probably opt for the one that comes with the driveway.

serakim81 said:
I think the prices are similar.  Hypothetically, if the lot sizes are the same as well, which one do you like better?  ;D

I prefer legado as it will be closer to school and Irvine Blvd compared to other one

PalIrvine said:
serakim81 said:

I prefer legado as it will be closer to school and Irvine Blvd compared to other one

Even that aside, I think Legado offers about 100 more sq ft than Talise and a driveway.  So if the lots are the same and no floor plan preference, and pricing is roughly the same, then I?d say Legado offers more than Talise, and that is the route I would go as well.

In terms of schools, I think Talise will be close to the new Loma Ridge school that is opening next year.

I live in Portola Springs and have toured both Legado and Talise. I'd definitely choose Legado if the prices were similar.

location, location, location
For whatever reason, homes that are away from Irvine Blvd in Portola Springs trade at a discount to the rest of the area (I know - I live in one). My home would resell today for over $100k less than an identical home in Stonegate.

The location with Legado has performed a lot better and is selling for near Stonegate price levels. Talise is asking for Stonegate pricing - with the discounted location.

I believe the Talise floorplans were recycled from Trellis Ct. in Cypress Village east. They are very efficient (smaller rooms / hallways) floorplans with vaulted ceilings. I just think they are way overpriced (by over $100k).

paperboyNC said:
I live in Portola Springs and have toured both Legado and Talise. I'd definitely choose Legado if the prices were similar.

location, location, location
For whatever reason, homes that are away from Irvine Blvd in Portola Springs trade at a discount to the rest of the area (I know - I live in one). My home would resell today for over $100k less than an identical home in Stonegate.

The location with Legado has performed a lot better and is selling for near Stonegate price levels. Talise is asking for Stonegate pricing - with the discounted location.

I believe the Talise floorplans were recycled from Tralise Ct. in Cypress Village east. They are very efficient (smaller rooms / hallways) floorplans with vaulted ceilings. I just think they are way overpriced (by over $100k).

Yeah, I believe Talise is an exact replica of Trellis Court.

For what it?s worth, Legado?s sales seem to be faster (releases are every 4-6 weeks it appears), where I think Talise has had 2 releases in total since opening in the beginning of December.

Talise didn't sell anything until they released their view lots (bumped up $150-$180k)

Legado Sales are solid that's why the steady release schedule.

Portola Springs will always be the better location than Talise.

What other communities in Portola Springs include the 2-car driveway

Also, who is up to date on which builder has the best incentives??
Inquiring Minds want to know!

Thanks for the help!

When it comes to builders and their design options, i can say based on recent  experience that Cal Pacific's  design center has limited design options when compared to that of Irvine Pacifc. I switched from Cal Pacific to IP in a recent transaction and found IP had much better upgrade choices, a bigger design center and much friendlier design consultants. I just thought of sharing this experience with would be buyers, hope it helps.

Back