Legado at Portola Springs III

irvineorbust said:
I see some discussion in Cressa thread but no this Legado.  Is everyone waiting for the next phase to come out or the interest in PS III dying out because of toxic issues and other rumors?  Columbus Grove was in the same situation many years ago but eventually they all got sold out and the price came back up.

I guess the big difference is that Columbus Grove was more convenient location overall than PSIII and had many large houses with actual driveways and backyard...
PS isn't cheaper because of toxic land and other rumors.  Portola Springs was cheaper than other new villages when PS first opened in 2006 and Portola Springs has been cheaper than every Irvine development that has opened since 2006. All this talk about toxic land and cemeteries what not only began with the Great Park Neighborhoods but PS was already cheap years before that when the Great Park was supposed to be the ultimate park in the same class as Balboa Park or Central Park.

Don't try to find any logic why PS is cheaper than other areas.  Portola Springs is cheap because TIC wants it to be.  TIC knows there are two kinds of buyers: those that will pay top dollar for a prestigious address and those that want the most house for the money and are not concerned about prestige.  TIC wants to sell to both kinds of buyers.  TIC positioned PS to serve the value buyer and will not allow PS to cannibalize sales of its premium products.

TIC knows Hidden Canyon, Orchard Hills, and now Eastwood are expensive and many buyers cannot afford them.  That's why Portola Springs exists.  Portola Springs has served this purpose since 2006 (to soak up buyers unable to afford Woodbury) and Portola Springs will continue to serve this purpose so long as there are new developments being built in Irvine.

Happiness said:
irvineorbust said:
I see some discussion in Cressa thread but no this Legado.  Is everyone waiting for the next phase to come out or the interest in PS III dying out because of toxic issues and other rumors?  Columbus Grove was in the same situation many years ago but eventually they all got sold out and the price came back up.

I guess the big difference is that Columbus Grove was more convenient location overall than PSIII and had many large houses with actual driveways and backyard...
PS isn't cheaper because of toxic land and other rumors.  Portola Springs was cheaper than other new villages when PS first opened in 2006 and Portola Springs has been cheaper than every Irvine development that has opened since 2006. All this talk about toxic land and cemeteries what not only began with the Great Park Neighborhoods but PS was already cheap years before that when the Great Park was supposed to be the ultimate park in the same class as Balboa Park or Central Park.

Don't try to find any logic why PS is cheaper than other areas.  Portola Springs is cheap because TIC wants it to be.  TIC knows there are two kinds of buyers: those that will pay top dollar for a prestigious address and those that want the most house for the money and are not concerned about prestige.  TIC wants to sell to both kinds of buyers.  TIC positioned PS to serve the value buyer and will not allow PS to cannibalize sales of its premium products.

TIC knows Hidden Canyon, Orchard Hills, and now Eastwood are expensive and many buyers cannot afford them.  That's why Portola Springs exists.  Portola Springs has served this purpose since 2006 (to soak up buyers unable to afford Woodbury) and Portola Springs will continue to serve this purpose so long as there are new developments being built in Irvine.

All goes into my PS is considered Irvine County theory, which I previously stated.

"PS will never be great" lol

irvineorbust said:

Don't use TI as a measure of popularity.  TI posters make up a very small subset of actual buyers.  And then from there, it just depends on who is buying and happens to be a TI poster.  Lots of popular tracts didn't have much traction here on TI.

Visited Legado this weekend. The prices looked somewhat reasonable than for example Eastwood.

Pros
- bedroom in 1st floor, we find this very useful
-much bigger master bedroom
-spacious overall
-residence 4 had loft
-private driveway
-decent backyard space

Cons
-residence 3 and 4 open to a wall from front door
-lack of privacy in some residences, wall is not so high, residence 4 bathroom has windows that overlook the piazza
-entraces of residence 2 and 1 are somewhat adjacent in the piazza, does not give that independent feel, plus residence 2 and residence 1 have an L shaped attachment at the front
- residence 4 and 3 doesn't have a separate dining area...just space in front of the kitchen island
-far from retail
- risk of proposed cemetry
-don't know much about the elementary school zoned for this....not much reviews on portola elementary
-shared piazza not so appealing

I am on the wait list for Petaluma. But the price for Petaluma is very high with no downstairs bedroom.

I might get on waitlist for legado just in case...I can use the prequal for petaluma.

-
-

Legado phase 2 sign ups are this weekend.  The price for plan 3 is up about 40k (with pre-installed upgrades) and plan for 4 is up almost 60k (again with pre-installed upgrades).  They are now comparable to the phase one Cressa plan 1 prices (esp. plan 4) but of course these prices reflect the upgrades.

Phase 2 will be right across from the new Portola Springs Rd extension which is elevated (like a ramp going up). 
I wonder how that would be even with a low wall that they are already building.  I would think that would be noisy and an eyesore.

Eyesore but noise may be little better than you think.  Since the road is elevated, noise will propagate upward.  133 next to Portola Spring could be an example but still it is right next to the traffic flow.  However, it's much better than houses on Culver, Jamboree or Jeffery I guess.

I was wondering what the low wall could do, may be stopping a car from tumbling over in case of a freak accident? 

irvineorbust said:
Eyesore but noise may be little better than you think.  Since the road is elevated, noise will propagate upward.  133 next to Portola Spring could be an example but still it is right next to the traffic flow.  However, it's much better than houses on Culver, Jamboree or Jeffery I guess.

I was wondering what the low wall could do, may be stopping a car from tumbling over in case of a freak accident? 

I think the low wall is to stop Cressa residents from climbing up the slope to take a short cut to the PS5 parks, use the future Portola Pkwy bridge, reach the trails, etc.

Hi,

We are looking to buy our first home.

We are interested in

Helena

Legado

Crestline (baker ranch)

Parkview (baker ranch)[ Toll brothers is giving intensive of 30k]

We have a budget of 850K. Both have good credit score and annual income is very good.

Please advise.

(New to this forum)

SweetMiss said:
Hi,

We are interested in

Helena

Legado

Crestline (baker ranch)

We have a budget of 850K. Both have good credit score and annual income is very good.

Please advise.

(New to this forum)

Buy Cressa and never look back!

SweetMiss said:
Hi,

We are interested in

Helena

Legado

Crestline (baker ranch)

Please advise.

(New to this forum)

There's a reason Toll Bros is offering a $30K credit. That should raise red flags.

She said they are giving intensive, not incentive.  Maybe a 30k intensive just means they're very focused on selling homes.

I don't know about non-Irvine plans but isn't it little late to be on the priority list of Helena or Legado unless OP wants a later phase?

I thought Legado (and Cressa) already had 40 or more on the priority lists...

irvineorbust said:
I don't know about non-Irvine plans but isn't it little late to be on the priority list of Helena or Legado unless OP wants a later phase?

You can't believe anything a real estate sales person says, unless it can be independently verified as fact. These priority lists are black boxes.

Perspective said:
irvineorbust said:

You can't believe anything a real estate sales person says, unless it can be independently verified as fact. These priority lists are black boxes.

Yup.

Just bought home, yup, lists are black boxes.  They're trying to "slot" you. . . Or get you to purchase the house no one else will. 

yes and not everyone one on that priority list is going to buy either. 

Back