available homes                          Beds/Bath  Stories Sq ft

Residence One Lot #: 6         3 2.5 2 1,871 $627,865 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 5 5 4 2 2,304 $700,860 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 50 5 4 2 2,304 $700,860 Ready August
Residence Two Lot #: 51 4 3 2 2,075 $661,575 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 52 5 4 2 2,304 $697,865 Ready August
Residence One Lot #: 53 3 2.5 2 1,871 $627,865 Ready August
Residence Two Lot #: 54 4 3 2 2,075 $658,865 Ready August

Holy shnikeys... how are the detached condos going to compete with that pricing?

Maricopa is going to have a hard time when their smallest model is $85k more than LV's most expensive... $155k more than Plan 1.

Yipes.

ps99472 said:
Threadjacked to lotto, at least it will be over tonight.  I'll resume my monster photo scans tomorrow after Las Ventanas opening.  Who wants to guess how much the two HOAs for LV will be?  I say $140 and $150.

Sorry about my Lotto fever....

Back to LV pricing--wow very competitive. How much for hoa & MR? This thing should sell out quick except for proximity to Toll road may hinder things.

irvinehomeowner said:
Holy shnikeys... how are the detached condos going to compete with that pricing?

Maricopa is going to have a hard time when their smallest model is $85k more than LV's most expensive... $155k more than Plan 1.

Yipes.
LV is calling you IHO...;)

qwerty said:
available homes                          Beds/Bath  Stories Sq ft

Residence One Lot #: 6         3 2.5 2 1,871 $627,865 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 5 5 4 2 2,304 $700,860 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 50 5 4 2 2,304 $700,860 Ready August
Residence Two Lot #: 51 4 3 2 2,075 $661,575 Ready August
Residence Three Lot #: 52 5 4 2 2,304 $697,865 Ready August
Residence One Lot #: 53 3 2.5 2 1,871 $627,865 Ready August
Residence Two Lot #: 54 4 3 2 2,075 $658,865 Ready August
Somewhat competitive pricing...thank goodness someone has some common sense (not TIC).  These might sell quicker than the Maricopas despite the location.

ps99472 said:
Threadjacked to lotto, at least it will be over tonight.  I'll resume my monster photo scans tomorrow after Las Ventanas opening.  Who wants to guess how much the two HOAs for LV will be?  I say $140 and $150.
There should only be one HOA as these are SFRs and not detached condos.  The Portola HOA is $160/mo.  My guess is that the MR will be 4,000-4,500/yr.

That 133 freeway sure dragged the price down, hope they can keep the price level for future phases.

what would you guys think is a decent location premium for a location in the middle of site plan, or better yet all the way to the right? 15-20K? Although i imagine that all of Las Ventanas will have some sort of noise from either the 133 or 241

Doesn't the 133 look better now?  5 bed for $700K, under a non-busy freeway, hmmm.  Cmon IrvPac, follow TayMo, you would've sold 3 phases already.  Over $150K difference between Maricopa plan 2 vs. LV plan 3.  I'll need to change my title, too far a comparison now.  Who would buy Casero/Sevilla now with double HOA and no driveway?  Maybe I'll start a new thread:  Cortona plan 1 vs. Maricopa plan 3, I can still dream. 

Got a reply from Maricopa sales today, seems like 5 homes were sold so far.  Waiting for phase 2...

Didn't get to go to LV today, but sent my wife to get info.  So for about $300/sq ft you get a washer/dryer and fridge.  Lots are small around 3000 sq ft.  MR is a killer at $5000/yr.  Handouts had conflicting info on the HS servicing LV (Northwood or Irvine?). Sales was pushy, models not ready for viewing due to rain, was told next week.

Man at 3,000 sq ft lots its like they give you the driveway and take away your back yard.  The model homes back yards look pretty big, but figured those would.

at least backyard landscaping would be cheap, maybe $5-6K instead of $10-12K.  5th bed option for plan 3 is $3000, fireplace also $4000 option. 

Stopped by to see Maricopa on Saturday. One of the plan 2 lot was "reserved" for one the pre-qualified candidates. Don't think it's sold but also don't think it's available anymore unless the interested party backs out. I remember seeing 2-3 with the reserved sign on the lot map.

Got to see residence 2, the den is very big for a den. Too big I think. Would probably make it into a 4th bedroom, even though most likely it'll be used as an office. More options this way. I liked the fact that you don't have to mount the TV on top of the fireplace, big plus for me. Good size kitchen, long island. Would've like to be able to see the TV from the kitchen but not a deal breaker. All the rooms upstairs are decently sized. Master could be bigger but it's a good size for me. I wish they put the door to the walk-in closet somewhere else, not next to one of the sinks in master bath.

Not sure how much a basic landscaping would be for front and back?

ucla bruin said:
Stopped by to see Maricopa on Saturday. One of the plan 2 lot was "reserved" for one the pre-qualified candidates. Don't think it's sold but also don't think it's available anymore unless the interested party backs out. I remember seeing 2-3 with the reserved sign on the lot map.

Got to see residence 2, the den is very big for a den. Too big I think. Would probably make it into a 4th bedroom, even though most likely it'll be used as an office. More options this way. I liked the fact that you don't have to mount the TV on top of the fireplace, big plus for me. Good size kitchen, long island. Would've like to be able to see the TV from the kitchen but not a deal breaker. All the rooms upstairs are decently sized. Master could be bigger but it's a good size for me. I wish they put the door to the walk-in closet somewhere else, not next to one of the sinks in master bath.

Not sure how much a basic landscaping would be for front and back?
Grass is the most cost effective way to go, it's the hardscaping and water features that really drive up the price.

ps99472 said:
Got a reply from Maricopa sales today, seems like 5 homes were sold so far.  Waiting for phase 2...

Didn't get to go to LV today, but sent my wife to get info.  So for about $300/sq ft you get a washer/dryer and fridge.  Lots are small around 3000 sq ft.  MR is a killer at $5000/yr.  Handouts had conflicting info on the HS servicing LV (Northwood or Irvine?). Sales was pushy, models not ready for viewing due to rain, was told next week.
Interesting, the sales people at LV didn't seem to be very pushy at all.  They were actually kinda re-freshing compared to their Irvine Pac counter parts.  All of Portola is zoned for Northwood HS.  Two of my buyers signed liability waiver releases and were taken over by one of the sales people to see the models.

Gonna see the models tomorrow for LV, pics to follow of course, it's gotta be a spectacular floorplan for me to even consider the first phase.  Probably stop by Maricopa afterwards, was told models not able to be viewed due to prepping for the grand opening.. but we'll see. 

Been lurking a few weeks, finally joined.  I must say, the info. I have gotten here has been so helpful and definitely broadened my views as I continue to search for my house and home.

I was considering buying at Maricopa as well.  My question to you is, do you think it's a wise idea to get a plan 3 in one of the larger lots where the "u"bend of the streets are.  (Example: upper left corner of tract where Nassau street is).  My concern is that it would probably come with a location premium along with the house being in the 9s'.  So price may be much higher than some of the plan 1s on a smaller lot.  Will this be a big distraction in the future for resale value?  Don't want to be dinged when its comped with the mostly small lots in the tract. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Back