Included upgrades
3.jpg

Phase 1 pricing
002.jpg

bigger map
001.jpg

My future? driveway
IMG_0327.jpg

I like the street address of these phase 1 homes, but will most likely take a pass due to the built in upgrades.  Lot 63 looks good, faces SW, morning sun in M. Bedroom and Great Room.  Also no neighbor behind (Encore shouldn't be a busy street).  Lot 65 is my next choice and then lot 77.  Hopefully these phase 2 residence 2's will be around $865K.  I think I'll get my house with no upgrades, I might even leave the den alone (thanks IHO, USC). 

We'll likely visit Las Ventanas this weekend again with my suitcase 20% full,  but it better have some great floorplans for us to live in Portola and next to the freeway. 

On a side note, the HS for Stonegate will be Northwood High, not Irvine High like Woodbury, if that matters to anyone. 

Maricopa Elevations

2C
residence-MARICOPA-2C-Scheme11.jpg

2E
residence-MARICOPA-2E-Scheme06.jpg

2F
residence-MARICOPA-2F-Scheme05.jpg

Nothing really stands out, but 2E might be better if that little balcony is usable, probably only 2 feet wide though.  Bigger den window in 2E as well. 

ps99472 said:
Here are the phase 1 releases
001-1.gif

Included upgrades
3.jpg

Phase 1 pricing
002.jpg

bigger map
001.jpg

My future? driveway
IMG_0327.jpg

I like the street address of these phase 1 homes, but will most likely take a pass due to the built in upgrades.  Lot 63 looks good, faces SW, morning sun in M. Bedroom and Great Room.  Also no neighbor behind (Encore shouldn't be a busy street).  Lot 65 is my next choice and then lot 77.  Hopefully these phase 2 residence 2's will be around $865K.  I think I'll get my house with no upgrades, I might even leave the den alone (thanks IHO, USC). 

We'll likely visit Las Ventanas this weekend again with my suitcase 20% full,  but it better have some great floorplans for us to live in Portola and next to the freeway. 

On a side note, the HS for Stonegate will be Northwood High, not Irvine High like Woodbury, if that matters to anyone. 
I don't think they'll be stupid enough to be raising prices if they see soft demand. 

Northwood High is much more preferable than Irvine High - Northwood is being compared to UNI, the most preferred High School in IUSD.

"On a side note, the HS for Stonegate will be Northwood High, not Irvine High like Woodbury, if that matters to anyone."

Thanks PS99472 for the info. Do you know if any of them has been sold?

Since these are brand spanking new in a new community, how much (little) room do you guys think there would be to negotiate pricing?

Man... USC... no need to quote all of PS's gigantor pictures post... at least remove the pictures... you're killing my load times! :D

@ps: We should meet at LV this weekend, just tell them I'm your brother so I don't need to bring my own suitcase of cash. I actually like to look at model homes before they stage them so I get a realistic idea of what I'm going to get.

ucla bruin said:

Since these are brand spanking new in a new community, how much (little) room do you guys think there would be to negotiate pricing?

Not sure if any homes has been sold, sales did call me to see what our plans are.  Pricing probably not negotiable, maybe if these hit mls or one of those last minute buyer cancel email specials.

I think a little patience will be rewarded.  Right now TIC has this idea that the 2011 collection will sell like the 2010 collection did.  Ummm, not gonna happen.  Giving TIC a little time to stew...errrr re-assess....will only be beneficial for buyers.  Watch, if Phase 1 and 2 sales are slow to sell they'll start offering incentives (a "special" lender credit and/or throwing in upgrades for free along with a broker co-op). 

irvinehomeowner said:
Man... USC... no need to quote all of PS's gigantor pictures post... at least remove the pictures... you're killing my load times! :D

@ps: We should meet at LV this weekend, just tell them I'm your brother so I don't need to bring my own suitcase of cash. I actually like to look at model homes before they stage them so I get a realistic idea of what I'm going to get.
Opps, sorry about that IHO...I got quote happy.

ucla bruin said:

I went to the sales office on Sunday and 0 were sold as of Sunday 2:45pm.

The pictures are fine... once. (hehe... who can tell me where that comes from?)

I agree with USC... signs point to more softening so later phases may entail more incentives... but you never know with TIC. At least with Las Ventanas, TayMo already owns the land (I think) so they may be more willing to wheel and deal. Just the fact they are really starting at mid $600k shows they aren't being too greedy (although Los Colinas is quite high... but lower than when it started).

I would love to wait it out and see if anything changes, but I don't know if I can wait any longer......uuuuh. Is there a point in going to see brand new homes with an agent or not really?

ucla bruin said:
I would love to wait it out and see if anything changes, but I don't know if I can wait any longer......uuuuh. Is there a point in going to see brand new homes with an agent or not really?
Yeah, take your agent along and register with them so you can split the broker co-op with them.  Don't leave any money on the table.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
The pictures are fine... once. (hehe... who can tell me where that comes from?)

I agree with USC... signs point to more softening so later phases may entail more incentives... but you never know with TIC. At least with Las Ventanas, TayMo already owns the land (I think) so they may be more willing to wheel and deal. Just the fact they are really starting at mid $600k shows they aren't being too greedy (although Los Colinas is quite high... but lower than when it started).
It's like a poker game IHO, you have to be patient enough to wait for your hand plus you can't let your opponent know or think they have the upper hand.  Perception and become reality. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
ucla bruin said:
Yeah, take your agent along and register with them so you can split the broker co-op with them.  Don't leave any money on the table.  ;)

Haha, good suggestion. I wish I had discovered this forum sooner. My experience with my agent is a rather interesting one..... I guess my question wasn't for monetary gain but more for things I should look out for, right questions I should ask and anything I could benefit from going with an agent.

@ucla:

It really depends on your agent.

I would bring one along if he is able to point things out to you like you said... not just for the co-op split. As much as I've looked at model homes and resales, IR2 still surprises me with the things he mentions.

Can't make it to the Las Ventanas pre-sale this weekend (sorry IHO), have to work Sat.  Got a call from them to show up to establish priority, which is different then IrvPac's registration ranking system, probably send my wife in to at least get our name down.  So both USC and IHO recommend waiting?  I'm not in a rush but do want my 4bd 3 ba 1 dw soon.  Patience is not one of my virtues, but I have my level headed wife to balance me out.  We'll see what happens.

ucla bruin said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
ucla bruin said:

Haha, good suggestion. I wish I had discovered this forum sooner. My experience with my agent is a rather interesting one..... I guess my question wasn't for monetary gain but more for things I should look out for, right questions I should ask and anything I could benefit from going with an agent.
Well, besides asking if the agent would offer to split the broker co-op with you.  You will want to ask the agent what else they can bring to the table besides coming in to register and splitting the commission.  You want to find out if the agent has worked with any buyers in buying a new construction home.  Do they understand the design center process and what upgrades you should and shouldn't get through a buyer.  Can they provide you with good referrals like a home inspection, gardner, lender referrals, contractor referrals, etc?  Also, a good agent will give you their input about the floor plan and how it may effect your future resale value which is always important to consider.

I'm fortunate because I have personally gone through the design center process when I bought my Quail Hill condo years ago.  It also helps that I have upgraded several condos with the help of my dad so I have a very good idea of what costs what and whether it's worth it to get upgrades from the builder or to do them after escrow closes.  I worked with a few buyers that have closed on new home construction in the past year or so as they went through the design center process to help them determine which builder upgrades to get and which ones not to get.  Besides, I actually enjoy sharing the knowledge that my dad has passed along to me when it comes to upgrading a home (just wish I had his skill at actually doing the work myself too). 

Back