Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Whenever I think of Landfill Ranch I think of Slumdog Millionaires - millionaires living close to piles of trash that's it.

waitin4ever said:
For once i agree with Indie 100%.

In fact after coming back from india last year I was so happy with what
300/sq ft buys you here in Irvine. Agreed it used to be lot lower just a
few years back.

IndieDev said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
The only way a landfill remains flat is when the slumdog millionaires in Mumbai kept digging in the trash and removing them from the premise. In India trash dumps never gain height but in America trash dumps only get higher!

Man, I know it's off topic, but India has to be the stinkiest country I've ever visited in my life time. It even smells at the Shivaji Airport in Mumbai, literally like feet, and urine.

Bangalore actually wasn't as stinky.

My wife and I really liked most of the floorplans.  We went to all of the previews and several of the openings.  What ultimately stopped us from buying was LR's especially stingy policy regarding broker co-ops.  LR's main sales person refused to offer the flat commission fee (unlike Colinas' 4%), even though my broker (my wife) went to all of the openings with me.  LR purportedly has a strict policy against offering commissions to broker, who will also be residents.  Even Irvine Pacific agreed to the commissions when my wife and I went to San Marino at WB.  We were actually seriously purchasing one of the units, but because of their refusal and the health issues cited here, I guess everything turned out for the best.  I guess we'll just have to wait for Orchard Hills whenever it comes out.

Esquire- were you dealing with Robert?  I am surprised by that policy.  Seems like a trivial amount for them to lose the sale.

I have found some of their folks really helpful and some downright annoying.  There is one person that is driving me nuts right now with no information and plain rude even though we have been through every hoop.

RKP is our slumdog millionaire.
The Motor Court Company said:
Whenever I think of Landfill Ranch I think of Slumdog Millionaires - millionaires living close to piles of trash that's it.

waitin4ever said:
For once i agree with Indie 100%.

In fact after coming back from india last year I was so happy with what
300/sq ft buys you here in Irvine. Agreed it used to be lot lower just a
few years back.

IndieDev said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
The only way a landfill remains flat is when the slumdog millionaires in Mumbai kept digging in the trash and removing them from the premise. In India trash dumps never gain height but in America trash dumps only get higher!

Man, I know it's off topic, but India has to be the stinkiest country I've ever visited in my life time. It even smells at the Shivaji Airport in Mumbai, literally like feet, and urine.

Bangalore actually wasn't as stinky.

My water taste really good. The same group of judges who gave Irvine the most fashionable title also rated my water as the most tastiest.
rkp said:
IRWD serves not just irvine but a lot of OC.  IHS, you never share the amazing area you live in that has everything going for it and no negatives.  I just hope its not one of these as the water you drink is the same as those near the landfill...

"IRWD encompasses approximately 179 square miles and serves all of the city of Irvine, plus portions of Costa Mesa, Lake Forest, Newport Beach, Orange, Tustin and unincorporated areas of Orange County."http://www.irwd.com/about-us/irwd-basics/map.html

so woodbury is too crowded, lambert ranch is dirty, northwood ii is ghetto...really is there anything in irvine built in the last 10 years that you do like?

and buddy, you live in OC...this isnt exactly the cultural mecca. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
rkp said:
well i did grow up poor and not so poor now so i will take that as a compliment

You can take yourself out of the poor but you can't take the poor out of your taste.

IHS, did you go to school to be a troll, or is it a gift? Seriously, this discussion is supposed to be serious, and you have a way of lowering the bar; most, if not all, of your "contributions" are not worth the time it takes to read them.

i havent purchased - i am looking at phase 3 of the field.  according to the sales sheet, they have 6 homes in phase 1 and 2 for field so as soon as they give me a call for phase 3, we will know that 6 field homes have been sold.

rkp said:
Esquire- were you dealing with Robert?  I am surprised by that policy.  Seems like a trivial amount for them to lose the sale.

I have found some of their folks really helpful and some downright annoying.  There is one person that is driving me nuts right now with no information and plain rude even though we have been through every hoop.
Yes, Robert was ultimately the person who said no to the commission. I even tried to ask for design credit instead but was once again turned down.  Considering this would be a million dollar investment, I can't believe they would turn it down over a tiny commission or design credit. I guess they are not hurting for buyers.  Like many of the bloggers here, we will just have to keep waiting for the perfect new neighborhood, maybe in Orchard Hills or Great Park.

Are they using E-Stone for the kitchen counter tops?  Is granite not standard?  Maybe a very costly upgrade for the mammoth islands. 

So did anyone check out the models this past weekend? Do they have parking in front of the model homes now?

Still haven't been... too far away for me. :)

we went again this weekend.  all the dirt areas are locked off by gates and the model parking lots are open and you could park curbside as well.  we were there sunday morning and it was packed.  i know they are trying to attract asians but its a healthy mix of races.  on the same note, i see the same diversity when i visit san marino and i have gone there at least 20 times.  actual buyers can be different from the lookie loos like me.

rkp said:
we went again this weekend.  all the dirt areas are locked off by gates and the model parking lots are open and you could park curbside as well.  we were there sunday morning and it was packed.  i know they are trying to attract asians but its a healthy mix of races.  on the same note, i see the same diversity when i visit san marino and i have gone there at least 20 times.  actual buyers can be different from the lookie loos like me.

Are they still selling homes at San Marino?
I thought they gave up and moved the crews over to build out Cypress Village,
We did a family bike ride over there a few weeks back and the area looked desolate.
Plenty of empty lots, was looking for the tumbleweeds

definitely still building and sold all the lots on mapleton in 2 days as they were larger lots

Back