Lambert Ranch in Irvine

The Motor Court Company said:
Maybe two mutations will get you back to normal?

Having a child with 6 fingers per hand means a piano-playing superstar! The more mutations, the more valuable the homes.

what if the cell tower gets you 6 fingers on 1 hand and the landfill causes you 7 fingers on the other? does that give you even more piano playing power or the asymmetry is bad?

SoCal78 said:
Maybe two mutations will get you back to normal?

Having a child with 6 fingers per hand means a piano-playing superstar! The more mutations, the more valuable the homes.

Great to block paparazzi from getting a good shot.
Seven-Fingers-in-one-hand-4d9a6501612cd.jpg

irvinehomeshopper said:
2 miles is when the homesite is level with the dump. The current dump is already higher than the homesite. Think about the effect of gravity. According to the scale provided on Google aerial map the dump boundary is 3/8 mile from the homesite. Of course the sales people will tell you its 2 miles because you have to drive down to Jeffrey then to Bee Canyon road entrance and then a loop road just to get to the backside of Arman's future rear yard wall.

Just think about how small the future resale buyer pool will be when Arman decides to sell his home when health risk data surfaces in the near future. By then the new home smell has worn off and the curb appeal diminished.

I would not mind picking one up for $650k to rent out but I would never live there.
2 mile radius will include all of potty springs, landfill ranch, stinkgate, woodbury, and most of planned Great Park housing areas.  Then which new homes in  Irvine can we buy if the areas near landfill, plume contamination and freeways are to be avoided?

its the cell phone tower thats being covered with a facade of a water tower. 

the final mockups they showed us had it red and kind of something you might see on a farm.  supposed to  fit with the ranch house theme and hide the cell phone tower...

The landfill is not an issue because you cannot see it today. The cell tower is not an issue because it looks like a red barn on the farm. The toll road is not an issue because you can barely hear it. ihs sums up the best.

irvinehomeshopper said:
You sound like a ostrich that stick its head into the sand to hide from predators

rkp said:
the landfill operations, trash, trucks, etc are not visible at all.  the sides of the mountains that enclose the landfill are visible. 

Arman said:
I agree with rkp. I've been there 3x over this past week or so, and the noise from the toll road was barely noticeable, and that was when I was *trying* to notice it. I thought that the noise from Portola was more (also barely there and only when I tried to notice it). I agree that as the houses get put in along with more trees and landscaping that the noise will get even better absorbed.

rkp said:
the final mockups they showed us had it red and kind of something you might see on a farm.  supposed to  fit with the ranch house theme and hide the cell phone tower...

The major plus that must be noted is TNHC actually built a community with only SFRs.  That's a nice change of pass from TIC who crams in SFR with motorcourt homes with Townhomes with apartments. 

One item that I thought was odd, was the relatively small pool area.  As most lots do not look big enough for a pool (I'm sure the models were some of the bigger lots), the community pool will be crowded.

The $300 HOA with no meloroos makes the price point of the home very reasonable comparred to its nearest competitors in PS, SG and WB

nytransplant said:
One item that I thought was odd, was the relatively small pool area.  As most lots do not look big enough for a pool (I'm sure the models were some of the bigger lots), the community pool will be crowded.
I didn't think the pool area was relatively small. The only thing I have to compare it to is my current community's pool area, which is smaller but which has at least 3x the number of residents. That said, my current community's lots are much larger and many homes (myself included) have their own pools, so that definitely decreases the number of pool visitors, which won't likely be an option at LR.

Does the $300 HOA allow LR residents to use Portola Spring's amenities as well? if so that's a sweet deal and the pool size will be less of an issue.

Good question. I'll have to ask. My impression was no as I'd think that's something they'd tout.

Arman said:
Does the $300 HOA allow LR residents to use Portola Spring's amenities as well? if so that's a sweet deal and the pool size will be less of an issue.

Good question. I'll have to ask. My impression was no as I'd think that's something they'd tout.

Since LR is a gated community I don't think they will have any ammenities outside the gates.  Also, PS is the competition so I doubt there will be any sharing of amenitities. 

nytransplant said:
Arman said:

Since LR is a gated community I don't think they will have any ammenities outside the gates.  Also, PS is the competition so I doubt there will be any sharing of amenitities. 

There was a rumor earlier in this thread about part of the LR HOA fee going to the master PS hoa. TIC has no incentive to help a competitor improve  access to hoa amenities. I would be shocked if they did allow it.

I would think that if LR residents can use PS amenities, the shared usage would be reciprocal and LR residents would probably go berserk if PS apartment renters pissed in their pool or water projecting fish head ponds.

LR HOA is completely separate from PS HOA and the LR residents will not have access to the PS amenities and vice versa....though there arent any real LR amenities....

The landfill is not an issue because you cannot see it today. The cell tower is not an issue because it looks like a red barn on the farm. The toll road is not an issue because you can barely hear it. ihs sums up the best.

no one said anything about the cell tower being an issue or not - i was responding to someone asking what the water tower was.  personally i dont want to live anywhere close to a tower.  heck, i dont use bluetooth, use a wired headset, and take extra vitamin c when i fly due to the x-rays.  i think they made a mistake putting houses so close to the tower and they will have trouble selling the top most houses that neighbor the cell tower.

on the toll road, i really dont get your point on this one.  go there yourself and listen.  the toll road is barely audible and thats if you are on the hill lots with the wind.  if you are down in the flatter area, you just cant hear it.  so how exactly can the toll road be an issue if you barely can hear it?  almost all of irvine has major streets surrounding them.  not 1-2 laners but 4-5 lanes on each side are common throughout irvine.  everyone here agrees tustin ranch and west irvine are very nice.  well i fly on jamboree at over 80 mph and am not the only one.  i guarantee you can hear drivers like me in many of those neighborhoods

finally, and the most critical, the landfill.  i cancelled augusta cause of health concerns and will quickly walk away from LR if i believe their is a risk.  i am doing my research on it and i hope every other buyer is not taking the issue lightly as well.  but the problem with IHS is that he is just repeating the same thing with no point and its becoming noise.  and that doesnt help anyone.  saying that you can see operations isnt true.  you can see trucks on a road but you can also see all those trucks on portola and sand canyon so to me, its no different than being able to see those streets from your window.  his other major point is that it will grow 500 feet from there and thats what i am trying to understand right now.  my friend spent a year at the apex site in vegas, the largest landfill in the country, and there the mountain of trash doesnt grow but just replaces the existing mountains.  not a fun image or thought but much more tolerable than IHS's dooming description of a trash pile that is 500 feet higher.  my understanding is that the bowerman landfill operates much the same way.

here is a question for you - there is an active thread on las ventanas right now and nothing from IHS mocking the people discussing the lots and options to buy.  yet they are just as close as LR buyers.  so whats the deal?  what makes people like you and IHS so angry about this development?

Back