Lakers News

sleepy5136 said:
akula1488 said:
If WB could single handedly brought the Wizards to playoffs last year the Lakers may not fall off a cliff. WB main purpose is for LeBron load management during RS and leading bench. A fully healthy rested LeBron is more important than anything else.
I don't think Westbrick was brought in the team to take over when LBJ is doing load management. He was brought in to off load LBJ's responsibilities which includes his defensive presence, ball handling, and play making ability. I'm really surprised LBJ thought this would work out.

Everyone knows he was brought to LA so he could keep a watch on his car dealerships.

aquabliss said:
sleepy5136 said:
akula1488 said:
If WB could single handedly brought the Wizards to playoffs last year the Lakers may not fall off a cliff. WB main purpose is for LeBron load management during RS and leading bench. A fully healthy rested LeBron is more important than anything else.
I don't think Westbrick was brought in the team to take over when LBJ is doing load management. He was brought in to off load LBJ's responsibilities which includes his defensive presence, ball handling, and play making ability. I'm really surprised LBJ thought this would work out.

Everyone knows he was brought to LA so he could keep a watch on his car dealerships.
Might as well say he?s in L.A. to be a court side cheerleader for the bruins.

So Westbrick just had another masterpiece: 1-13 for 8 points and 6 TOs, and Lakers losing by 20+.

The trade is looking worse and worse.

CalBears96 said:
So Westbrick just had another masterpiece: 1-13 for 8 points and 6 TOs, and Lakers losing by 20+.

The trade is looking worse and worse.

Yes, bench him and if he does not improve trade him.
Sekou looked really good tonight. Maybe he should get more minutes.

As harsh as I?ve been with Westbrick, it could also be an issue with coaching. Vogel has a lot of questionable line ups lately and it actually can be the root of the problem. Westbrick is just the end result of the poor coaching.

sleepy5136 said:
As harsh as I?ve been with Westbrick, it could also be an issue with coaching. Vogel has a lot of questionable line ups lately and it actually can be the root of the problem. Westbrick is just the end result of the poor coaching.

It can be both. But the Lakers are paying Westbrook approximately making $41 mil a year and you expect him to be better.

sleepy5136 said:

The problem is that the trade for Westbrick made it impossible for the Lakers to sign any decent player.

I mean, they were lucky enough to pick up Malik Monk. We'll see how Kendrick Nunn turns out when he gets back from injuries. But the rest of the guys are old. Wayne Ellington is a decent shooter, but he's also back from injuries.

The current line-up has no shooters.

That's why I keep insisting that the Lakers should have traded for Buddy Hield. They could also have signed DeRozen after that trade. And they probably could have kept KCP, who's at least a decent shooter and good defender. Note that the Lakers are also getting worse in defense.

I am really on the fence. The Lakers were looking for a third star, but we did not get that. People expected Westbrook to take over when Lebron was out. That has not happen yet.

I dont think DJ should start and rondo dont look nothing like before.

I understand that the Lakers were looking for a 3rd star due to the Nets, but a ball hog like Westbrick wasn't the answer when you have LeBron. Even though DeRozen isn't on Westbrick's level, he would have served better as a 3rd star. And then you would have a shooter in Buddy Hield.

And I don't expect Rondo to be good. He's here for leadership and he'll only play a role during playoffs.

CalBears96 said:
I understand that the Lakers were looking for a 3rd star due to the Nets, but a ball hog like Westbrick wasn't the answer when you have LeBron. Even though DeRozen isn't on Westbrick's level, he would have served better as a 3rd star. And then you would have a shooter in Buddy Hield.

And I don't expect Rondo to be good. He's here for leadership and he'll only play a role during playoffs.

He is not playing like 3rd star in my opinion or even a starter. It is real obvious that they are trying to make it work. Sorry paying a player $41 mil a year to come off the bench is not going to happen. Maybe he cant handle the pressure. (They say the lights are bright in LA!) I think we are losing games solely because of him. lol We should just trade him and get something for him.

Regarding Rondo, I think currently he is the backup point guard. But that is not working out. (Rob and Vogel cant see that?)

It is not too late to save this season. But the Lakers management need to wake up and make a change!

CalBears96 said:
This could spell trouble for the Lakers. If true, LeBron could be out for a month or two.

The abdominal injury suffered by Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James could keep him out of action for the next month or two according to a new report.
https://lakersdaily.com/lakers-lebron-james-week-timeline-could-be-realistic/

Looks like I'll be betting against the Lakers regularly...laying -5.5pts with Portland on Saturday was like stealing money.

Unbelievable. Blew an 11-point lead with 5 mins left.

Westbrick's triple double seems nice, until you see 5-15 and 7 TOs, and -17.

Back