Lakers News

I said it from the start and I?ll say it again. Westbrick does not fit with the Lakers. He?s been horrible these preseason games and the season debut.

sleepy5136 said:
I said it from the start and I?ll say it again. Westbrick does not fit with the Lakers. He?s been horrible these preseason games and the season debut.

Should have traded for Buddy Hield instead.

I really don?t know what they saw in him. If he doesn?t brick a shot, he turns the ball over. And Vogel put Rondo and Westbrick in at the same time?. I always questioned his coaching ability.

sleepy5136 said:
I really don?t know what they saw in him. If he doesn?t brick a shot, he turns the ball over. And Vogel put Rondo and Westbrick in at the same time?. I always questioned his coaching ability.

::)

Over-reaction from 1 game? Vogel is a proven coach. He's testing out lineups and figuring out chemistry. The Warriors team had over a full season together already. This Lakers team has played 7 games together and 0 times with this lineup.

Cares said:
sleepy5136 said:

Over-reaction from 1 game? Vogel is a proven coach. He's testing out lineups and figuring out chemistry. The Warriors team had over a full season together already. This Lakers team has played 7 games together and 0 times with this lineup.

Agreed, we need to give the team some time.  If after 20 games and we still have these types of lineups on the floor, it's time to get rid of Vogel. 

Vogel should have used pre-season games to play LeBron/AD/Westbrook together more often. They only played together in the last 2 pre-season games.

Cares said:
sleepy5136 said:

If Westbrick has been like this for 7 straight games including pre-season, I'm not convinced he can improve. The only thing I can see is they need to have Westbrook come off the bench which his ego will not let happen.

sleepy5136 said:
If Westbrick has been like this for 7 straight games including pre-season, I'm not convinced he can improve. The only thing I can see is they need to have Westbrook come off the bench which his ego will not let happen.

I don't think he'll continue to be this bad. Last year with Washington, he was shooting his career average, 43.9% FG / 31.5% 3P. After 2 games, he's averaging 30.8/0.0, so he's gotta improve.  :)

I sure hope things improve but the Westbrook trade seems like a bust to me.  The guy can't shoot and can't defend.  They couldn't have found a shooter who can defend?

Welp, another bad game from Westbrick. 5-15 FG and 9 TO's. Bench came to the rescue tonight. Melo with 10-15 FG, 6-8 3P, for 28 points.

Cares said:
Wasn't the greatest but he did have 13 assists and 4 steals
It doesn?t matter how many assists you have when you?re turning the ball over 9 times. That could be 18 pts just given to the other team. I?m not sure how many teams can beat another team if you start the game with 9 possessions before you get one.

Again, the lakers need shooters that can defend. The team is built around lebron. Lebron needs shooters surrounding him. Not someone that can?t shoot and turns the ball over.

During playoff time I would literally guard westbrick like I would guard Ben Simmons. Stay home on everyone else and whoever guards westbrick should be 10-15ft from him. Make westbrick beat me 4/7 times in a series.

CalBears96 said:
Welp, another bad game from Westbrick. 5-15 FG and 9 TO's. Bench came to the rescue tonight. Melo with 10-15 FG, 6-8 3P, for 28 points.
Not to mention they played Memphis. Besides Ja Morant, who is everyone else and we only won by 3.

Meanwhile Charlotte is 3 and 0 and Nets is 1 and 2 and Harden has slow start with the rule change he doesn't get as many FT a before. The Season is still young.
Also Bulls, Wizards and Wolvesa are undefeated...

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
Not to mention they played Memphis. Besides Ja Morant, who is everyone else and we only won by 3.

Back