Lakers News

It may be better to bring Westbrook off the bench. As a starter he doesn?t seem like he will fit in.  The pressure may be getting to him. He shot an airball from the elbow last night.

akula1488 said:
Meanwhile Charlotte is 3 and 0 and Nets is 1 and 2 and Harden has slow start with the rule change he doesn't get as many FT a before. The Season is still young.
Also Bulls, Wizards and Wolvesa are undefeated...

It's not really about the win-loss record. It's more about Westbrick not fitting with the current Lakers team. We know that every team that LeBron played on, they surrounded him with shooters. The Lakers should have traded for Buddy Hield, and could have signed DeMar DeRozen. Instead, they went for a 3rd superstar who can't shoot or defend. I mean, I could understand if you go with 3 superstars and surrounded them with scrubs, but all 3 need to be able to score and defend because the rest of the team sure as hell won't be able to. At least, Melo was a good pickup. Even though he can't defend, he can actually shoot and score.

akula1488 said:
Looks like LeBron is better to come off the bench to kill other teams bench rotation. WB has his best game without Lebron.

At first, I thought, finally Westbrick is going a good game. Then I realized that this game proved that the Lakers made a mistake trading for Westbrick. He can't play with LeBron.

akula1488 said:
Looks like LeBron is better to come off the bench to kill other teams bench rotation. WB has his best game without Lebron.

I'd rather have Westbrook come off the bench and run with the younger guys.  It's known Lebron can play with AD.  Start AD at the 5 with Lebron, Monk, Bazemore, Ariza/Ellington when healthy and hope one can play decent def and shoot decent from 3.

They are still trying to figure it out. WB sets a screen for LeBron. 
AD and Bron just need to hit above league average 3'shttps://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...mise-in-lakers-crunch-time-win-over-grizzlies

CalBears96 said:
akula1488 said:

At first, I thought, finally Westbrick is going a good game. Then I realized that this game proved that the Lakers made a mistake trading for Westbrick. He can't play with LeBron.

big 3 have the best game together stat wise tonight, however at home against the lowly Rockets. One controversy is the Refs retroactively took 2 points off  from Laker's score with less than 90 seconds to go because the lakers were awarded two free throws while not in bonus (and made both of them), which is kind of BS. If you took points off retroactively like that you need to give them an extra possession.

But they played sloppy though, 11 TO's combined. And Westbrick with that -6, though. The Lakers need the shooters back. 6-25 3P is bad.

But yeah, that's completely BS. If they took 2 points off from the free throws, then it should have been Lakers' possession in lieu of the free throws.

Wow Dame took a lunch time meeting with Bron and AD in LA. Even though the trade would've never happened, imagine Dame joining AD and Bron and it will be a perfect trio.

LeBron is expected to be out "at least one week" with abdominal strain.

I guess we'll see more of Westbrick's 10-27 and 10+ TO games. Yay.

If WB could single handedly brought the Wizards to playoffs last year the Lakers may not fall off a cliff. WB main purpose is for LeBron load management during RS and leading bench. A fully healthy rested LeBron is more important than anything else.

akula1488 said:
If WB could single handedly brought the Wizards to playoffs last year the Lakers may not fall off a cliff. WB main purpose is for LeBron load management during RS and leading bench. A fully healthy rested LeBron is more important than anything else.
I don't think Westbrick was brought in the team to take over when LBJ is doing load management. He was brought in to off load LBJ's responsibilities which includes his defensive presence, ball handling, and play making ability. I'm really surprised LBJ thought this would work out.

Back