Laguna Altura in 2011

I'm not even sure if there are any Laguna Altura buyers active on this forum.

The big con for LA is the cost... not just the price but the higher HOA. There are also many who don't feel the location, although "beach close" is ideal due to the proximity to the 405 and the increased traffic on Laguna Canyon Road.

Also... the layout of LA isn't very friendly as you have to around a huge wall to get from tract to tract. The school and the shopping center are also farther away (you have to go through Quail Hill to get to them).

The consensus is that TIC didn't really plan out this neighborhood layout very well and since the floorplans are recycled, they are not very compelling for the premium pricing.

Also for the price of some of some of the Cortona and Toscana models, you can actually live in Laguna Beach instead of this wannabe community that is attempting to associate itself in every way it can with Laguna Beach.

This location is at the crossroads of high speed traffic and gridlock during rush hours. The one lane road in and out of Laguna is a nightmare. Over a million car release soot and brake dust daily and will clink on to your window screen. Early respiratory illness, medical bills and a resale that no one want to buy are things you should carefully consider first. The homes are set into a bowl where air pollution sit and become stagnant. Prevailing wind never reach the community. The back side will be the largest rental community in Irvine. There is nothing positive other than the name "Laguna" and even at best TIC regrets it and want to rename it to Coastal Canyon.

Laguna Altura is a failed wannabe community with no hopes of ever appreciating in value in the next 15 years. Anyone who buys there is going to get raked even worse than the people who bought at Woodbury and Woodbury East. They should bulldoze it and turn it into a squatter camp.

No view, trapped into a bowl, surrounded by roads and freeways, air pollution, the worst defensible space, lack of critical mass to create any sort of identity, and it is a bastard child out of wedlock between Mr. Irvine and Ms Laguna that neither one wants to claim.

irvinehomeshopper said:
No view, trapped into a bowl, surrounded by roads and freeways, air pollution, the worst defensible space, lack of critical mass to create any sort of identity, and it is a bastard child out of wedlock between Mr. Irvine and Ms Laguna that neither one wants to claim.

irvinehomeshopper, which community do you think is worse? This crap bowl, or Woodbury East? If I had to choose, I'd say this one slightly edges WBE for crappiness due to the fact that you're getting gouged for Laguna Beach prices for an inferior product. It's like paying Mercedes prices for a Tata. Also I'd say the combination of 405/133 is slightly more toxic than Sand Canyon/133.

I totally agree with you. Laguna Altura is basically a higher price Nong Shim noodle bowl with fancy separate pakages of msg, dried onion and palm oil

51sif12mhuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

while Woodbury East is the plain Maruchan noodle bowl without the fancy packages of msg and lard

ME-MARU-001.gif

They are both bad for your health.

irvinehomeshopper said:
This is Orchard Hills in case you ask

Taiwan+Style+Beef+Noodle+Soup+3.jpg

As much as I want to love OH, a large portion of Phase 1 sits parallel to the 261 Toll Road and the whole development sits in a high risk wild fire zone.

Yeah... I'm not too hot on the Orchard Beef Noodle Soup Hills either.

Even Lambert Ranch is iffy... I'm just not into those foothill areas in Irvine... I prefer to be "beach close". :D

?? ??? ?? (Nong Shim Shin ramyun Black)
W5000 for 4-pack  >_>

Shin_Ramyun_Black_Medium_Banner.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBLoo8l_Utk&feature=related[/youtube]

I don't think anyone is trolling. Besides, I think we get a little leeway to bash Laguna Altura since we are technically all going to be paying for your 3.5% down FHA purchase in in the community when FHA needs a bailout later this year. You should be more appreciative. Most people work hard for their money (myself excluded of course).

IndieDev said:
I don't think anyone is trolling.
Do you know what trolling is?
Besides, I think we get a little leeway to bash Laguna Altura since we are technically all going to be paying for your 3.5% down FHA purchase in in the community when FHA needs a bailout later this year. You should be more appreciative. Most people work hard for their money (myself excluded of course).
I've bolded it for you.

Yep. Try more indietroll.

Thanks for the response last page btw IHOwner, actual explanations for opinions. I'll need to go drive around LA, curious about the walled off feeling you describe. I find the proximity to spectrum and the 133, 405, and 5 freeways a major perk --- stonegate is sooooo far off the freeway.

Any other neighborhoods to recommend?

irvinehomeowner said:
IndieDev said:
I don't think anyone is trolling.
Do you know what trolling is?
Besides, I think we get a little leeway to bash Laguna Altura since we are technically all going to be paying for your 3.5% down FHA purchase in in the community when FHA needs a bailout later this year. You should be more appreciative. Most people work hard for their money (myself excluded of course).
I've bolded it for you.

I see, trolling = truth. Got it.

Back