Laguna Altura in 2011

I would not underestimate the Chinese residents at portola springs as they all know Kung Fu.

IndieDev said:
Do you think that when the prison fence fails that the poor residents of Portola Springs will be able to fend off the nazi cannibal gangs, and mexican drug cartel enforcers?

If it's home invasion, I recommend taking a shotgun class....  don't need to aim.. just point roughly in the direction..  kung fu is useless in the cramped hallways of Irvine homes.. unless you duke it out in the great room...

Recently the guy who escaped out of Theo Lacy was hiding in a residential garage... again.. kung fu would be useless.. unless you only have two cars in a three car garage...  then go at it like Jet Li or Donnie Yen

I know the escapee was found in Lake Forest but was he hiding in a residential garage?

No worry. A branch of Chinese Kung Fu called Wing Chun was created for combat in tight spaces with opponents at less than a half arm length distance.

Yeah, he was found in my co- workers husbands boss's garage.  Found a bunch of drugs around too...  I don't know bout pulling Ip Man on a drugged up convict, shotgun to torso gets the pOint across better.

I tend to agree. Although I have seen many advanced Kung Fu masters during my time in asia, these guys have been training their whole lives. I highly doubt your common Portola Springs or Orchard Hills resident would be someone who has endured intense physically training and gained the ability to flatten someone with their bare hands.

Even though I don't live in the wastelands of the foothills of Irvine, I can understand how hard it is to live under constant threat of attack by escaped prisoners. A shotgun is a far safer choice than a crane kick.

When the foreigners try to invade China during the Qing Dynasty. The westerners had guns. The kung Fu masters refuse to use guns. They believe by channelling the dead spirit into their body and they become invincible to bullets. May be the PS and LR residents could channel the ancient Indian spirits from the burial sites to help them fence off the prisoners.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The kung Fu masters refuse to use guns. They believe by channelling the dead spirit into their body and they become invincible to bullets.
Wasn't this known as Toad Style... or Iron Skin Technique?

I've watched hundreds of hours of Kung Fu Theater so it has to be true. :D

It was Spirit Kung Fu. To prevent the fighter from feeling the pain of open wound caused by bullet or knife self applied acupressure stopped certain nerve points and meridians from sending signals to the brain (Similar effect as Morphine). This allowed to fighter to keep going until he bled to death or collapsed and died.

Laguna Altura in 2012

I keep circling back around to the area because I like the overall location as some have stated.  They are selling, albeit really slowly.  Even thought I like the general vicinity, there are too many issues that I can't get past - $6K per year for MR + $295 for HOA is a lot of money.  Guessing kids would rather have college paid for vs. getting to grow up in LA.  Second is being next to the 133.  Scoped it out a while back and even though there is a stop light at the Lake Forest intersection, cars are driving past the gates at a pretty fast pace since the 405 onramp is right next to the community.  It's obviously dangerous which is why it's a no right turn on red coming out of the community.  Hard to live off a freeway. 

There are a couple of things I noticed - On the Lake Forest gate, the other side of street has construction.  I'm not sure what's planned, but someone indicated there could be another small enclave of homes built there sometime in the future (no verification).  If they keep building, and once Lake Forest goes all the way through, traffic will increase.  Drove down to the area during rush hour and traffic can be pretty bad.  Leaving the area heading north is bad also.  Onramp to 5 was backed up day I was there.  Lastly, things are obviously slow right now.  TIC is subsidizing the HOA right now and it shows.  It's supposed to be a guard gated community, but there often times isn't a guard there at night.  If I were a current resident I'd be pissed.  What if you got a ride from somebody, and came home in a car with no transponder and the gate rang through to your home phone... you'd have to get dropped off at the front and walk home (the walkway isn't locked because they figure who in their right mind would walk out there)... 

Overall, even though QH right across the street sells into the 400's per foot, LA will not sell at that same price...  Although they are marketing it as "more exclusive" then QH.. doh! 

E

actually i forgot, i think the area south of lake forest extension is actually approved for 150+ additional units of housing... 

I think the worst part of LA is that eventually it will make using the 133 even more of a headache on weekends (going to the beach, etc). Not that any of that matters for me, but for the plebian population in Irvine, something to consider.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
akim997 said:
actually i forgot, i think the area south of lake forest extension is actually approved for 150+ additional units of housing... 
Isn't that Hidden Valley [Ranch]?

Hidden Canyon--possibly custom lots with views south of Lake Forest Dr. If LA is any indication on pricing, I will need to win the MegaMillons before considering this future location.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1286.msg22495#msg22495
I wonder if they will try to price those homes above $500/sf.

Isn't Portola Springs, Stonegate and even Woodbury close to the Frank Bowerman landfill on Bee Canyon Road? Isn't that a cause for concern?

Just my .02
[/quote]
Agreed, that's why I'm looking to buy over at PS myself.
[/quote]

socalquest said:
Isn't Portola Springs, Stonegate and even Woodbury close to the Frank Bowerman landfill on Bee Canyon Road? Isn't that a cause for concern?

Just my .02
Agreed, that's why I'm looking to buy over at PS myself.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes, there is a reason why it stinks between there and Irvine Center Drive on Sand Canyon on some mornings. If you don't believe me...try going out some mornings and smell the air around there.

Sadly to say several relatives lived by Shurr High Montebello next to a landfill passed away from cancer. They bought there during the early 80's.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I really like IHO's 3CWG obscenity avatar

It's an obscenity avatar?? All this time I thought IHO was spoofing the SOPA / PIPA black-outs especially since he put up the new avatar the same day they began. Which is it, IHO?

Back