Laguna Altura in 2011

akim997 said:
good luck.  asked about all cash, etc...  no dice...  only latitude is on the "quick move in" homes.  good luck
No big surprise there, Irvine Pacific is as flexible as a steel beam.

Devolopers will win because Asians rarely ban together as a team to work the builder to reduce pricing. A few will cave in then the rest would get nervous and join the herd. I can see 2012 collection in the horizon.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Devolopers will win because Asians rarely ban together as a team to work the builder to reduce pricing. A few will cave in then the rest would get nervous and join the herd. I can see 2012 collection in the horizon.
You mean kinda like a group buy discount?

socalquest said:
SAN REMO at Laguna Altura

Are these call "motorcourt" homes?

I think they come with full driveways or semi driveways?
Yes, San Remo homes are motorcourt homes.  It's not whether or not they have a driveway or not that makes them motorcourts, it's the fact that they aren't regular street layouts like Cortana or Toscana.

Single family conventional home is when you have 2 side yards, a rear yard and your front door path and garage face a public street. A public street is when a fire truck could drive on it. Deviation from it are called town homes, detached condos, condos, apartments, and homeless tent.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Single family conventional home is when you have 2 side yards, a rear yard and your front door path and garage face a public street. A public street is when a fire truck could drive on it. Deviation from it are called town homes, detached condos, condos, apartments, and homeless tent.

I'd also like to add squatter camp, and cannibal refuge to that list.

According to consumer research both squatter camp and cannibal village are preferred over homeless tent. The TIC marketeers dislike the word "homeless" because it sounds negative and Chidians are scared of them. They are now officially the coastal canyon nomadic tribe.

Sales pace is not very good at LA... despite what TIC might be saying.

Never received so much email from TIC for the 2010 New Home Collection as I do for the 2011/12 Irvine Pacific Collection.

I am wondering if I should hold off on the purchase till early next year, or late this year, to get better pricing or incentives. Or will the entire Cortona community be sold by that time? Unlikely i suppose.

socalquest said:
I am wondering if I should hold off on the purchase till early next year, or late this year, to get better pricing or incentives. Or will the entire Cortona community be sold by that time? Unlikely i suppose.
From the CS data that S&P updated on Friday, the numbers show that LA and OC have continued to be in a decline in pricing for apples-to-apples homes through October. Though official bean-counting has not been completed through our current January (they are on a 3-month delay in order to collect/process/verify their numbers), I would be surprised to see any shift up since October.
You can see a year's snapshot for the subset of counties/areas that I track here:

or click on the image to view the full set of data and graph from my site.

Keep in mind that even if the homes on Cortona did "sell out" (from the builder), they would still exist in time and space and be available for purchase (from those buyers).

-IrvineRealtor

P.S. If you're in Denver... it appears that the time to buy is January, and to sell is in June.  :)

Back