Laguna Altura in 2011

1. Price.
2. Poor community design (walls everywhere, inside a bowl, etc.).
3. Higher MelloRoos/HOAs.
4. Front door of house opens in small alley (Siena and Remo)

irvinehomeowner said:
Those look like one of detached condos model homes.

Toscana is largest SFRs in Laguna Altura.

Yup where's the driveway? it is still ugly though but maybe some foreign Chinese buyer likes it "red" because it represents good luck (the color of Chinese New Year).

markspitz11 said:
1. Price.
2. Poor community design (walls everywhere, inside a bowl, etc.).
3. Higher MelloRoos/HOAs.
4. Front door of house opens in small alley (Siena and Remo)

Higher HOAs? It's $295 a month. For a gated community, that really isn't that much in Irvine.

frank69m said:
Higher HOAs? It's $295 a month. For a gated community, that really isn't that much in Irvine.

I agree the HOA isn't too bad for the setup. For my gated community in another city in OC, the HOA is $281. The mello-roos is another story.

I guess my biggest gripe with LA is the fact that they are so close to the 133 (which is increasingly becoming a busier hwy) AND the future Lake Forest Drive. I would expect SLIGHTLY higher prices than PS since it is gated, but that should be reflected in the HOA and not so much in the price of the homes. Given a choice between PS and LA, I'd take PS (at least the hwy near PS is a toll road...)

Just my .02

I thought Lake Forest Drive was already open.

$295 might not be that high an HOA... but considering the amenities isn't much better than the other Irvine communities and it has less going for it, it does seem a bit steep. Quail Hill gets you more pools... and Woodbury has a very nice central community center (enclosed basketball court!).

rimrattler6 said:
I guess my biggest gripe with LA is the fact that they are so close to the 133 (which is increasingly becoming a busier hwy) AND the future Lake Forest Drive. I would expect SLIGHTLY higher prices than PS since it is gated, but that should be reflected in the HOA and not so much in the price of the homes. Given a choice between PS and LA, I'd take PS (at least the hwy near PS is a toll road...)

Just my .02

That 133 is going to be overly crowded, even more than it is now. Especially if they build more homes south of LA. I can just imagine the bottleneck to get in and out of LA during rush hour.

Does anyone know what is being planned for the empty open space directly across from LA (the lot they used for LA grand opening parking)?

rimrattler6 said:

Just my .02
Agreed, that's why I'm looking to buy over at PS myself.

irvinehomeowner said:

Last time I was there, i was trying to cut across to get to Fukada Restaurant.  While the intersection is there, it does not yet connect to Lake Forest Dr.

shokunin said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Last time I was there, i was trying to cut across to get to Fukada Restaurant.  While the intersection is there, it does not yet connect to Lake Forest Dr.
That street will get a lot of traffic when it opens up which will clog up the 133 around LA.

kubert13 said:
Does anyone know what is being planned for the empty open space directly across from LA (the lot they used for LA grand opening parking)?
I believe that was originally planned as a retail center... which would be good for the LA residents as they don't have to go all the way through QH to buy a loaf of bread or a custom doggie bed.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shokunin said:
irvinehomeowner said:

That street will get a lot of traffic when it opens up which will clog up the 133 around LA.

You hit the nail on the head!

I live in Aliso Viejo now (looking in Irvine right now)..and travel that 133 everyday to the 5. Talk about the upcoming carmegeddon. When they were doing construction, the 133 would get backed up 1-2 miles from where that lake forest intersection is. Adds up to 10-12 minutes to your commute.  ugh.

I just went to LA (2 "cheaper" communities) this past weekend, just couldn't justify the price, HOA and MR. If Irvine Schools is your end-game, PS is the way to go. Lots of foot traffic through the sales communities, but seems to be just looky-loos. (like me LOL)

How is PS the way to go?  We loved PS Las Colinas plan 3 but the MR is so freaking high!  I dont want to turn this into a village vs village thread but I hear a lot of good things on PS and wanted to understand how to justify that very high MR.  We are basically down to either Tustin Fields, WB, or SG.  PS was eliminated due to high MR.

rkp said:
How is PS the way to go?  We loved PS Las Colinas plan 3 but the MR is so freaking high!  I dont want to turn this into a village vs village thread but I hear a lot of good things on PS and wanted to understand how to justify that very high MR.  We are basically down to either Tustin Fields, WB, or SG.  PS was eliminated due to high MR.
Stonegate's MR is only about $1k higher than PS (for the type of home I'm looking for).  Also, about $800-$900 per year of the LV MR goes away in 7-8 years.  Gotta get all the details on the MR bonds to know what the real cost is.

Back