Laguna Altura in 2011

Yes they are building out the first three phases of the Los Altos detached product and first 2-3 phases of the detached Capistrano product to be ready for a 45 day closing at release. Looks like they already picked the most preferred upgrades in these homes so now you are forced to buy their overpriced(3x) upgrades :mad: , Hope they allow the final flooring and counter top upgrades at buy time. 

So here is what your entrance sign will look like--10 ft by 55 ft long wall, letters about 30 inches tall on both sides of the wall. It will sit in the median of the entrance road and perpendicular to the 133. They will have a similar huge sign at the 2nd entrance near Lake Forest Drive.

wvv0k0.jpg

That's what the last blurb in the newspaper said... May 14.

But all the salepeople I talked to at Capistrano and Stonegate seem to think that may be pushed back.

I can see why... but considering they already built the models... just open it and release one phase every 2 months like they did when Woodbury slowed down... heh.

This morning I noticed that they have erected a huge wall, on the back side (away from the 133). 

That monster must be a few hundred yards long and 15 feet high. 

I wonder if they are going to encircle the whole place with that tall a wall?

All I could think is that the houses close to that will lose any view from the lower floor, and maybe a good bit of light too.

(but at least they will be protected from zombie attack)

Hi everyone,

1. Does anyone know how to get into the "pre-sale list" for LA? I went to an Irvine Company neighborhood "model grand opening" and some of the units had already been sold before the "grand opening"? So how do I get first dibs?

2. Does anyone know if there will be a swimming pool in any part of LA?

3. What is meant by "motor court" style homes?

Thanks!

markspitz11 said:
Hi everyone,

1. Does anyone know how to get into the "pre-sale list" for LA? I went to an Irvine Company neighborhood "model grand opening" and some of the units had already been sold before the "grand opening"? So how do I get first dibs?

2. Does anyone know if there will be a swimming pool in any part of LA?

3. What is meant by "motor court" style homes?

Thanks!

Welcome markspitz11!

If you got to Irvine Pacific's website, they have priority registration. Once you setup your user name and password I believe you can select which village/homes you are interested in.
http://www.irvinepacific.com/priority/Steps.aspx

Even if you are not interested in the current villages, getting pre-qualified and on their list will probably place you higher on their future village lists.

I personally think the wait list is huge marketing scam and all those sold/reserved buttons on a builders map don't mean sh*t. Just more marketing hype to make you feel grateful to be chosen for the last homes left in Irvine..."Buy now or be priced out forever" LOL!

I also don't think buying in the 1st phase is such a great idea, but if that is your plan best of luck in the hunt.

As for Laguna Altura amenities--Irvine Pacific typically builds a large community pool, tot lot, ?basketball courts, +/- club house (see Stonegate, WB East, Stonegate East, etc...). I doubt they would change their play book for LA.

Motor court homes--cluster of homes facing each other on a private shared driveway (see: Montecito homes in Woodbury).  Here is an old thread talking about the pros & cons of a motor court home:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=530.msg5899;topicseen#msg5899

thank you for the info renter!

what are the disadvantages of buying in the first phase? does it not give you a better choice of location?

also, i don't see any space allocated for a pool on the LA map. i personally hope they don't build great amenities and parks at LA, so it prevents the community being owned by all these families with little kids, it would maybe make it a more adult community with less noise, no? the gate may possibly do that too. besides there's no space for amenities in this part of irvine (as opposed to Woodbury, Stonegate, etc.)

p.s. i'm worried about "the great wall" they may build around LA, which may take away any view some of the units may have had without it.

markspitz11 said:

what are the disadvantages of buying in the first phase? does it not give you a better choice of location?

also, i don't see any space allocated for a pool on the LA map. i personally hope they don't build great amenities and parks at LA, so it prevents the community being owned by all these families with little kids, it would maybe make it a more adult community with less noise, no? the gate may possibly do that too. besides there's no space for amenities in this part of irvine (as opposed to Woodbury, Stonegate, etc.)

p.s. i'm worried about "the great wall" they may build around LA, which may take away any view some of the units may have had without it.

Laguna Woods has no "annoying" families with kids, why don't you look there?

markspitz11 said:

The design plans I put on the 1st page of the thread may not be the most up to date, but it does include two private parks. The details of those parks are to be determined but given TICs recent developments, I see no reason why they wouldn't include a pool/spa, tot lot, +/- basketball court/club house.

I agree that the LA amenities will NOT be on the order of Woodbury--multiple pocket parks, multiple pools, tennis court, basketball courts, and large resort style pool (i.e The Commons). That was the hey day of builder frenzy and TIC wants to keep costs in check and profits high. Stongegate and Cypress Village will be a mere shadow of those amenities of WB.

As for disadvantages of buying on the 1st phase:

1) You may not get the best lot. The builder sometimes prices the worst lot locaitons with lowest prices to create momentum for future phases. (versus being 1st on the wait list--you can always pass on early phases and still get your choice lot in a later phase)

2) Depending on how bad the sales pace is for LA in later 2011, you may lose out on future phase incentives:
>Special finance rates
>Free upgrades
>Help with closing costs
>Broker Co-op

Good luck with your home search.

markspitz11 said:
Is there any advantage ( incentives) to using the preferred lenders for Irvine Pacific (Bo A & Wells Fargo)?
You get to pay a higher interest rate than you would if you shopped around.  Bank of America's interest rates suck!

I found 15 year fixed for 4.8%, not sure if that's good...too many 5 or 10 year fixed's which I don't think is a good idea...

How much do you expect the HOA to be for LA?
does anyone know how much the Stonegate HOA is?

markspitz11 said:
I found 15 year fixed for 4.8%, not sure if that's good...too many 5 or 10 year fixed's which I don't think is a good idea...

How much do you expect the HOA to be for LA?
does anyone know how much the Stonegate HOA is?
I locked on a 4.75% 30-year fixed rate for about 0pts last week through a non-big bank lender.  HOA in LA will probably be 200-300 per month.  I think the HOA in Stonegate is $110 or $130 per month.

markspitz11 said:
Is there any advantage ( incentives) to using the preferred lenders for Irvine Pacific (Bo A & Wells Fargo)?

depending on the project, they may or may not have incentives, san mateo (b of a) is giving $1500, one of my cousins who bought in portola last year got $5000 for going with b of a and another cousin who bought in woodbury got nothing for going with their wells fargo...

Back