Junk fooding

Paris said:
Because there is no nutritional value in it. My kids get green pasta from a bunch of veggies blended into pasta sauce. Esp that processed mac and cheese in a box - I see parents give that to their kids all the time - the cheese is not even real.
We try to stay away from processed foods...I have to practice what I preach to my patients right?
I think they throw in a stick of butter.  Butter is good for you now, until the next nutritional article comes out that says it isn't.

What's healthy for parents isn't necessarily so healthy for kids and vice versa.

Nutrition science is one of the worst sciences that we have.  Everything I was taught in college was pretty much debunked.

I thought those Kraft MacNCheese things said "Uses real cheese".

Real cheese is bad for you anyways right? It's just fat and protein. Now I'm hungry again. :)

Have you guys tried the El Pollo Chicken Crunchy Tacos?  Kinda hidden on the menu so I don't think many people know about them but they are awesome.  Get 2 of those with a side of pics de gallo and you're in flavor heaven.

aquabliss said:
Have you guys tried the El Pollo Chicken Crunchy Tacos?  Kinda hidden on the menu so I don't think many people know about them but they are awesome.  Get 2 of those with a side of pics de gallo and you're in flavor heaven.

Did you use the el pollo app?

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

Did you use the el pollo app?

Yep, they give you a free entree when you d/l and I already used mine but it didn't go away on the app so I'm pretty sure I can use it again.

their California Avocado layer salad is also really good.

aquabliss said:

Ordered the crunchy tacos,  Took a bite from the top and thought  "Ok, finally found something I disagree with Aqua"  continued eating and then bit in near the bottom where all the chicken was......tasty!! Search to disagree continues

Irvine Dream said:
aquabliss said:

Ordered the crunchy tacos,  Took a bite from the top and thought  "Ok, finally found something I disagree with Aqua"  continued eating and then bit in near the bottom where all the chicken was......tasty!! Search to disagree continues

Ya, once you get down to the shredded chicken + melted cheese + yummy grease on the bottom, they're pretty darn good.

I'm not a big fan of chicken but shredded chicken can be tasty. Is the shredded chicken in the taco thin or chunky? Prefer thin. I'll try these out.

qwerty said:
I'm not a big fan of chicken but shredded chicken can be tasty. Is the shredded chicken in the taco thin or chunky? Prefer thin. I'll try these out.

Ugh now you're making me guess if it's really shredded chicken or just chicken they pull off the bone so it kinda looks shredded when they put it in the taco.  Never examined it clearly enough but it's worth a try either way.  I also like thin shredded chicken but I don't think these would classify as thin shredded bits.  I think Miguel's and Miguel's Jr. has pretty ok thin shredded chicken.

@aqua - I had two of the crunchy tacos at EPL, very tasty. I used that hot sauce in the clear packet they have. I think it's a jalape?o hot sauce. Thanks for the rec, I'll definitely be going to EPL on a routine basis now. If they only used cotija cheese instead of the one they use now it would be even better.

qwerty said:
@aqua - I had two of the crunchy tacos at EPL, very tasty. I used that hot sauce in the clear packet they have. I think it's a jalape?o hot sauce. Thanks for the rec, I'll definitely be going to EPL on a routine basis now. If they only used cotija cheese instead of the one they use now it would be even better.

The cheese they use helps the taste I think, but ask them to add cojita on the taco for you I'm pretty sure they will.  They have it for their loco salads so they got some sitting around.

In other junkfood news, today is McDonalds Premium Sandwich Free with any purchase (Angels Home Run) via the app.  Here's the best adjustment I found so far:
Order the Maple Dijon (burger/artisan bun)
No Dijon
No Leaf Lettuce
No Grilled Onions
Sub Shredded Lettuce
Add Big Mac Sauce
Add white onions

Boom, tastes like a premium Big Mac with Bacon on a better bun...

My gosh we're gonna get fat.

Anyone wants to try a Boba milk tea with giant cotton candy cloud on top?

Saw this crazy stuff at Anaheim Packing Housing today, my kid just love it.  They also have a store in Irvine near UCI.https://www.yelp.com/biz/snow-monster-irvine

o.jpg

Pic borrow from yelp

Much easier to get the Cloud Boba at the Monster near UCI.

Their ice cream macaroon sandwiches are excellent.

The EPL chicken tacos are pulled chicken, the shredded chicken at Miguel's is awesome.

The crispy tacos at Jalapenos are still superior. :)

Sometimes a cup of diabetes is real tasty...but then I remember I don't want diabetes, and then I throw it away half drunk :(

zubs said:
Sometimes a cup of diabetes is real tasty...but then I remember I don't want diabetes, and then I throw it away half drunk :(

Yup, that's why I stay away from most of the goodies on here now.  Grandpa was diabetic (although slender) and dad is pre-diabetic (overweight) so I'm not going for the trifecta. 

35484039474_c624677b20.jpg

Saw these at the market the other day and bought them "for my kids".

These are actually smaller than the mini size ones, really tiny... and *only* 100 calories each (12 in a box means I can eat a whole box right?).

noc6xc.jpg

Back