Junk fooding

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yesterday was the day for pigging out....pizza, wings, chips, more pizza, and best of all Qwerty brought Ikes sandwiches over.....OMG, soooooo good.  Took them home and just had 2 more today along with leftover pizza.  haha

Thanks for the invite!!

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Yesterday was the day for pigging out....pizza, wings, chips, more pizza, and best of all Qwerty brought Ikes sandwiches over.....OMG, soooooo good.  Took them home and just had 2 more today along with leftover pizza.  haha

Thanks for the invite!!

Haha  Not my gathering IHO, a mutual friend invited us over for the Super Bowl.  I brought the BBW wings. 

Saw this on the web and had to laugh... thought of Iho & Qwerty. Your wives must have been very, very impressed on that first date! Well-done.

radppv.jpg

I'm not a big fan of chicken so have not tried it. I'm waiting for the fried ground beef taco shell :)

Reminds me of the KFC Double Down - chicken/bacon/cheese/chicken "sandwich". You felt unwashed after consuming one of these. I still get queasy thinking of the one and only Double Down I ate just for shiats and giggles.

Anyone yet try a Halo Top ice cream? ( https://www.halotop.com/ ) Their hook is that a pint of their stuff is 250 or so calories. Not per serving, but the entire pint. The cost is 2x most full sized ice cream packages which keeps me from buying one.

Every time I'm out at Ralphs with Soylent Yellow, she reminds me "Any quart of ice cream is a single serving if you're sad enough". What passes for humor today.....

My .02c

SGIP

I just finished baking 3 dozen classic "Peanut Butter Blossoms".

(not my actual photo)
Peanut-Butter-Blossoms_1979.jpg

I decided to strategically bake the cookies I like the least so they won't be threatening to my diet. Not a fan of peanut butter over here. Especially warm peanut butter with warm chocolate. Ick. It's like something you would find melted together in the center console of your car after a hot day at the Spectrum. But my kids love them.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Anyone yet try a Halo Top ice cream? ( https://www.halotop.com/ ) Their hook is that a pint of their stuff is 250 or so calories. Not per serving, but the entire pint. The cost is 2x most full sized ice cream packages which keeps me from buying one.

I'm eating the Lemon Cake Halo Top as I type...

"Unfulfilling" is how I would best describe it.... like wearing a parka during a massage. Barely a hint of sweetness or flavor. It also leaves me with cotton mouth. Very unpleasant. I've never been this parched eating something before. I usually only get like this after drinking tea. The texture of the Halo Top is ok. It was as hard as a rock coming out of the freezer but softened up nicely.

Verdict: I will not buy it again. While it's not disgusting, it's not very good either. The 240 calories in this container is better spent towards an enjoyable dessert or save the calories and have none at all. I finished a third of the pint and put the rest away. It's now been 10 minutes since I stopped eating. I drank water. The cotton mouth is still there, stronger than ever, and has traveled down my throat. This is bizarre. Halo Flop.

If you enjoy lemon desserts, the lemon squares at Trader's are convenient and tasty. They are literally 1 square inch though so if you have portion control issues, maybe not good. 80 calories per piece.

jumpinjacks said:
If you enjoy lemon desserts, the lemon squares at Trader's are convenient and tasty. They are literally 1 square inch though so if you have portion control issues, maybe not good. 80 calories per piece.

Have you had the lemon cake at Del Friscos in Spectrum?  Yum, I want one now.

paydawg said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Anyone try these:https://www.bk.com/menu-item/mac-n-cheetos

Instant death, but I have the urge.

OMG my kids would LOVE this - specifically because mac n cheese is a forbidden food in our house (along with cheetos) - lol. So anytime we go to a restaurant they ask for it  :)

why is mac n cheese forbidden?  it's not THAT bad, is it?  the cheetos i understand.

Because there is no nutritional value in it. My kids get green pasta from a bunch of veggies blended into pasta sauce. Esp that processed mac and cheese in a box - I see parents give that to their kids all the time - the cheese is not even real.
We try to stay away from processed foods...I have to practice what I preach to my patients right?

Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Anyone try these:https://www.bk.com/menu-item/mac-n-cheetos

Instant death, but I have the urge.

OMG my kids would LOVE this - specifically because mac n cheese is a forbidden food in our house (along with cheetos) - lol. So anytime we go to a restaurant they ask for it  :)

Tried these yesterday... Meh, not so great, I'd rather have McDonalds fries.  First bite was ok but after I finished the first full piece I was pretty much done.

Back