Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

I told the sales offices for Juniper, Oakmont, and Rosemont, that they need to get realistic on prices. Said I just can't under any circumstances justify their current pricing compared to market related comps but did point out the certain products that I liked and that I'd love to hear back from them when they adjust to more realistic standards. 

Felt that if I didn't speak my mind, not doing justice. They hear it enough and see poor performance, maybe they just revise prices down.  I can't remember which builder (and I also don't want to call out that person individually) but basically they were in the same camp as I was in terms of how disappointed they were with the pricing info they received. 

No kidding.  At first they said 2 were sold.  Then 1.  And now none?
They had the sales rep giving a grand tour for a bunch of foreigners on opening weekend.  Either no bite or waiting for funds to clear. 

Bullsback said:
I told the sales offices for Juniper, Oakmont, and Rosemont, that they need to get realistic on prices. Said I just can't under any circumstances justify their current pricing compared to market related comps but did point out the certain products that I liked and that I'd love to hear back from them when they adjust to more realistic standards. 

Felt that if I didn't speak my mind, not doing justice. They hear it enough and see poor performance, maybe they just revise prices down.  I can't remember which builder (and I also don't want to call out that person individually) but basically they were in the same camp as I was in terms of how disappointed they were with the pricing info they received.

I don't feel sorry for the builders. In general, the builders profit margins are good.

It's not too late to adjust pricing, is it? They haven't sold a single lot! Even if they had deposits, they could adjust those sold prices too. That would be good news/bad news for those buyers. "We have great news! We're adjusting your price $100K! The bad news is, we're doing this because nobody else wanted to buy lots like yours."

This would be highly unusual and a serious mea culpa, but what's the alternative? Weren't all Beacon Park lots made available for pre-qualifiers over a month ago? Can they really afford to have all eight lots in the first phase available a couple weeks after the grand opening? Do they really want to be offering $10K closing credits and $50K+ upgrade credits this soon, in Phase 1?

If they've really sold zero lots, they may actually consider a formal written offer at $100k-$150k under list price.  Somebody has to get the ball rolling.

Next step for them should list specific lots/address on mls so it also shows up on searches. 
Maybe that could mean it could be negotiable?

Perspective said:
These are very nice, but priced at $1,272,957-$1,369,677 (2,897-3,328+ sq ft). The typical lot size of 5,100+ is great, but considering the double mello roos, these would need to be priced ~$100K less to compete with other options available.

I actually thought Juniper is the most reasonably priced of all the bigger homes. Silvermist and Torrey are even more outlandish. Maybe they over-estimated the price people are willing to pay for being within walking distance to the elementary school.

Or, they're trying to jump start PP resales.

Probably faced with difficult task of trying to sell smallest, most poorly located lots in BP at higher prices than the largest, most advantageous lots in PP. 

LongIrvine said:
Probably faced with difficult task of trying to sell smallest, most poorly located lots in BP at higher prices than the largest, most advantageous lots in PP.

I didn't realize that the all the homes in the 1st phase are around 5100 sqft with only 15 ft to the back fence. That's a far cry from what they modeled. No wonder they're having a hard time at this price.

The plan 3 with the nook 'bump' makes it feel like a TIC home with these lots.  Better but not worth the mello.

eatthis said:
LongIrvine said:

I didn't realize that the all the homes in the 1st phase are around 5100 sqft with only 15 ft to the back fence. That's a far cry from what they modeled. No wonder they're having a hard time at this price.
Similarly sized TIC is <4k with 10ft setback, but lower mello.
Always some type of tradeoff

AW said:
eatthis said:
LongIrvine said:

Similarly sized TIC is <4k with 10ft setback, but lower mello.
Always some type of tradeoff
10 foot yard or 15 foot yard...both are small that it isn't a major selling point. On a 5100 sq foot lot, their is no reasons these homes should have that small of yards.  My theory is, I don't care as much about my sideyard or my front yard (just give me my damn driveway and a decent looking exterior), make the interior efficient and really nice / open (must have a loft  and preferably bathrooms to match the bedrooms) and at least a 20 foot setback. 

If you bought a 5K lot in tripointe, you had a 30+ foot set back.  Yet these (on a 100 sq ft large lot) have half of it, why, because I presume the side yards are a little wider and the front yard might be a little deeper. Again, nice things, but before you give me a little extra side yard and front yard space...make sure I have the backyard space cause that is what is most useable. 

bones said:
Damn. Bullsback and I are the same person. Minus the Bulls love of course.
For shame...you can't be right about everything ;) Haha. 

PS: It isn't too late to jump on the bandwagon.  Rose and Butler are taking down the Cavs this year en-route to the title!!!

I would except doesn't bulls nation do a collective breath hold everytime drose lands weird. Not good for my blood pressure.

6edf7c.jpg

Of the fourteen lots for sale, Juniper appears to have sold since the Grand Opening, a "grand" total of three homes!
http://www.pulte.com/OLA/OLA.aspx?community=/communities/CA/irvine/JuniperatBeaconPark/AV_OLA

Will they start slowing the phase releases? What type of credits might they already be offering on Phase 1 lots/homes? The big premiums they projected for the larger lots in the later phases is evaporating quickly. If I were interested in Juniper, I would have to wait for one of the larger cul-de-sac lots that just might be priced lower than today's lots' base prices!

I remember when I went to the Juniper sales office on Wednesday (the week after the grand opening).  The sales lady said they were a little slow out of the gate because the opening weekend was much too hot.

She said they are were all bracing for a huge stampede of buyers the next weekend since the weather would be much better.

I guess we all know how that went.

Bullsback said:
If you bought a 5K lot in tripointe, you had a 30+ foot set back.  Yet these (on a 100 sq ft large lot) have half of it, why, because I presume the side yards are a little wider and the front yard might be a little deeper.

It's really a question of design choice. If you look at the Juniper floor plans, by far the majority of the square footage is on the first floor. That's why the lot coverage is extremely high, leaving little backyard for similarly sized homes. Many of the TIC homes are built completely stacked equally top and bottom. It makes for more sectioned off space but you get more yard for the same size lot.

Back