Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

The school is probably the biggest draw. K-8 walking distance and high school can take inner streets within the area. 
Larger lots and a lot of cul de sacs are pluses too

bones said:
Perspective said:
The price range is higher than equivalent Stonegate homes and the mello roos is double. There should be no surprise if Beacon Park sales are very slow.

$1,204,880 - $1,329,880
2,897-3,328 Sq. Ft. Single Family Homes
4 Bedrooms | 3.5-4.5 Baths
http://www.pulte.com/communities/CA/irvine/JuniperatBeaconPark/209514/index1.aspx#.Vc4ILPm6djU

So you gonna tell us the mello at BP is double everyday through the 2-3 year sellout?  Happy face x4

It is interesting bc when PP first rolled out, PP homes were $100k-150k less than comparable SG homes in a few SF brackets. But BP location is arguably better than SG. Has on site  school for 2 more years and connectivity to GP proper. SG only has a handful of tracts to sell so BP will probably pick up some buyers until Eastwood opens.

Far too many home shoppers look at the sale price alone when comparing properties, and fail to seriously consider property taxes. Whether or not Beacon Park is better than Stonegate is subjective and is something you'll have to spend a lot of time evaluating. The thousands of dollars in mello roos difference every year for thirty years is objective - not debatable.

This is why I would adjust the sale price of the higher mello roos option when comparing two homes. A $4K higher annual mello roos expense is the equivalent of a $70K higher price. In other words, it's worth repeating.

The school is the only draw for us, I wonder if it got a cut of CFD 2013-3?  Or is the mello just for GP infrastructure that Heritage/Fivepoint didn't want to pay?

Is it walkable to the HS?

Perspective said:
bones said:
Perspective said:
The price range is higher than equivalent Stonegate homes and the mello roos is double. There should be no surprise if Beacon Park sales are very slow.

$1,204,880 - $1,329,880
http://www.pulte.com/communities/CA/irvine/JuniperatBeaconPark/209514/index1.aspx#.Vc4ILPm6djU

So you gonna tell us the mello at BP is double everyday through the 2-3 year sellout?  Happy face x4

It is interesting bc when PP first rolled out, PP homes were $100k-150k less than comparable SG homes in a few SF brackets. But BP location is arguably better than SG. Has on site  school for 2 more years and connectivity to GP proper. SG only has a handful of tracts to sell so BP will probably pick up some buyers until Eastwood opens.

Far too many home shoppers look at the sale price alone when comparing properties, and fail to seriously consider property taxes. Whether or not Beacon Park is better than Stonegate is subjective and is something you'll have to spend a lot of time evaluating. The thousands of dollars in mello roos difference every year for thirty years is objective - not debatable.

This is why I would adjust the sale price of the higher mello roos option when comparing two homes. A $4K higher annual mello roos expense is the equivalent of a $70K higher price. In other words, it's worth repeating.

Absolutely. You should sticky it. Or ask admin to. Saves you the trouble of posting about it daily :)

Perspective said:
bones said:
Perspective said:

$1,204,880 - $1,329,880

Not to mention, that IIRC, one of the bonds in Stonegate / OH (smaller of them) expires in a few years (can't remember if it is 2017 or what, but it isn't very long) so by that point you are paying somewhere between 2K - 3.5K (can't remember anymore as its been a while since I did the analysis). 

Some Stonehate homes have the 2% mello annual increase no?  I could've sworn Shea's Sausalito had that.  Maybe Palo Alto also?

In al seriousness, the MR is def a hurdle here and what's more shocking is (IIRC) the future neighborhoods will have even higher than BP Mello!!!  We briefly flirted with BP but the MR deterred us. Can't stand PP mello as it is....

ps9 said:
Some Stonehate homes have the 2% mello annual increase no?  I could've sworn Shea's Sausalito had that.  Maybe Palo Alto also?
I don't think so. They are all latching onto already existing bonds. Maybe they do and they just don't advertise it?  If I end up buying a Palo Alto, I'll let you guys know.  Still got to wait and see what the price is by the time they got to the couple lots that I'm interested in.  Disappointing BP ended up coming in so high for the initial phases.  I suppose I'll settle for lower taxes and some free solar panels (and a really cheap upgrade to a full solar system), haha, as long as I can get one of my 20+ foot setbacks. 

These Mello jacks are redic... serious Prop 13 shenanigans going on and as ghettustin has shown you, no oversight.

Irvine is the new Boston.

Bullsback said:
ps9 said:
I don't think so. They are all latching onto already existing bonds. Maybe they do and they just don't advertise it?  If I end up buying a Palo Alto, I'll let you guys know.  Still got to wait and see what the price is by the time they got to the couple lots that I'm interested in.  Disappointing BP ended up coming in so high for the initial phases.  I suppose I'll settle for lower taxes and some free solar panels (and a really cheap upgrade to a full solar system), haha, as long as I can get one of my 20+ foot setbacks.

The 20' setback is key. That is just enough to make it a real backyard, and anything more is gravy.

The pricing at BP is very disappointing.  The higher mello with the higher pricing, stops us pulling the trigger

Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

The 20' setback is key. That is just enough to make it a real backyard, and anything more is gravy.

20' from the house or 20' from the cali room?

bones said:
Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

The way the Palo Alo model's work, the set back would essentially be the same, but I've gotten to the point where I'd settle with 20 from the house (sad but true).  Ideal for me is about 20 to 30 foot set back from the California room.  Anything more is way too much maintenance (as I don't need a huge grass area and have no desire for a pool..I live in Irvine so I have great community features that I can mooch off of (er...that I already pay for). Last thing I want is the maintenance / water / electric costs of a pool. Just enough space so you have some "feel" for privacy and enough room to entertain, have an outdoor firepit / seating area, built in BBQ and then some space for some fruit trees / lil garden where I can pretend to garden (even though I'll probably never actually do so...but the idea would be gardening with the lil ones). Oh and of course having space for the lil kids to be able to play / kick a ball, etc. 

The thing that kills me is I don't think the builders get that much more money by shrinking the lots by 500 sq ft. I'd gladly pay a bit of a premium for an extra 1K (which would in general take a 10 foot back yard to a 20-30 foot backyard...presuming you kept the rest of the set backs consistently). 

gld2 said:
The pricing at BP is very disappointing.  The higher mello with the higher pricing, stops us pulling the trigger

I admit I was once a BP promoter, now I'm a BP hater. (If that makes sense)

Bullsback said:
bones said:
Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

The way the Palo Alo model's work, the set back would essentially be the same, but I've gotten to the point where I'd settle with 20 from the house (sad but true).  Ideal for me is about 20 to 30 foot set back from the California room.  Anything more is way too much maintenance (as I don't need a huge grass area and have no desire for a pool..I live in Irvine so I have great community features that I can mooch off of (er...that I already pay for). Last thing I want is the maintenance / water / electric costs of a pool. Just enough space so you have some "feel" for privacy and enough room to entertain, have an outdoor firepit / seating area, built in BBQ and then some space for some fruit trees / lil garden where I can pretend to garden (even though I'll probably never actually do so...but the idea would be gardening with the lil ones). Oh and of course having space for the lil kids to be able to play / kick a ball, etc. 

The thing that kills me is I don't think the builders get that much more money by shrinking the lots by 500 sq ft. I'd gladly pay a bit of a premium for an extra 1K (which would in general take a 10 foot back yard to a 20-30 foot backyard...presuming you kept the rest of the set backs consistently). 

Yea you can definitely achieve all that with 20' from the house. Closer to 30 would be ideal esp if you want to plant trees along the back wall (for privacy/shade/etc). Eats up some of the setbacks. We built veg planters to grow things with our kids. They haven't been that interested but still nice to eat from my garden. Prob cheaper to just buy from whole foods though. Haha.

bones said:
Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

Some CA rooms can extend pretty far from the house. My reference point is Strada, where the CA room/conservatory extends about 2.5'. If you have a CA room though, that feels like part of the backyard and makes it feel bigger. So, would you measure from the edge of the CA room, or the house wall where the CA room starts to extend?

Perspective said:
bones said:
Perspective said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

Some CA rooms can extend pretty far from the house. My reference point is Strada, where the CA room/conservatory extends about 2.5'. If you have a CA room though, that feels like part of the backyard and makes it feel bigger. So, would you measure from the edge of the CA room, or the house wall where the CA room starts to extend?

20 from Cali room. Also other things to consider are width of house lot. And width of Cali room. Some are more squareish. Others long and rectangular.

Toured Juniper today - all eight lots are available for sale today. This can't possibly be the plan, can it? The goal is to sell the first couple of phases quickly, fan the demand fire, and sell the final phases with the bigger cul-de-sac lots at a huge premium, no?

These are very nice, but priced at $1,272,957-$1,369,677 (2,897-3,328+ sq ft). The typical lot size of 5,100+ is great, but considering the double mello roos, these would need to be priced ~$100K less to compete with other options available. The current price range seems more appropriate for the huge lots in the cul-de-sacs.

Back