Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

LL,
As a home owner in Johns Creek, one would have to pay for both the city tax (Johns Creek) as well as the Fulton county. Taxes are much lower in Forsyth County (est 1%) as there is no city tax, but just the county tax. What about in Irvine? Do you have pay for both the Irvine City tax as well as for Orange County? There are no mello roos tax here for newer developments. 

Liar Loan said:
Panda said:
Atlanta real estate becomes desirable due to the lower property taxes vs 3% property taxes in Texas.

Panda - How do property taxes work in Georgia?  Is it set at the county level?  And what is the average rate?

I had looked into this a few years ago when I was analyzing some investment properties online and couldn't make sense of the property tax percentages I was seeing.

Panda said:
LL,
As an home owner in Johns Creek, one would have to pay for both the city tax (Johns Creek) as well as the Fulton county. Taxes are much lower in Forsyth County as there is no city tax, but just the county tax. What about in Irvine? Do you have pay for both the Irvine City tax as well as for Orange County? There are no mello roos tax here for newer developments. 

Liar Loan said:
Panda said:
Atlanta real estate becomes desirable due to the lower property taxes vs 3% property taxes in Texas.

Panda - How do property taxes work in Georgia?  Is it set at the county level?  And what is the average rate?

I had looked into this a few years ago when I was analyzing some investment properties online and couldn't make sense of the property tax percentages I was seeing.

Mostly I just wondered what the average percentage is in GA and how that percentage is set.

My residence is not in Irvine, so I don't pay Mello.  My percentage is 1.11% and that is indexed to my purchase price in 2010.

A few years ago I was evaluating investment properties in the Atlanta metro, but I had a hard time running the numbers because the tax rates seemed to vary widely between listings.  Maybe it simply was the difference between cities that charged a tax and those that didn't.

The house is nice but that no fence back yard thing would drive me crazy.  I know, you can put your own fence but if your neighbors don't want to split the costs, you're left footing the bill and they get the benefit... Why don't the builders at least put a wooden fence! 

This is like Taylor Morrison not putting any side gates on Capella.  Sheesh.

Panda said:
LL,
As a home owner in Johns Creek, one would have to pay for both the city tax (Johns Creek) as well as the Fulton county. Taxes are much lower in Forsyth County (est 1%) as there is no city tax, but just the county tax. What about in Irvine? Do you have pay for both the Irvine City tax as well as for Orange County? There are no mello roos tax here for newer developments. 

Liar Loan said:
Panda said:

Irvine has the same property tax base rate as the rest of Orange County which is 1%.  Then there are some various misc fees that can bring the % up to 1.02-1.05%.  There's no city property tax.

Btw, are there any single story new homes over there?

Thanks Trojan,
Yes, we have ranch homes here in Forsyth County.  They are popular among the seniors.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Panda said:
LL,

Liar Loan said:
Panda said:

Irvine has the same property tax base rate as the rest of Orange County which is 1%.  Then there are some various misc fees that can bring the % up to 1.02-1.05%.  There's no city property tax.

Btw, are there any single story new homes over there?

eyephone said:
Hot humidity and high crime

Forsyth, GA crime analytics
With a crime rate of 41 per one thousand residents, Forsyth has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 25.

Compressed Village,
Can you please share with me the source of  where you are seeing the crime rate for Forsyth County, GA?  All the top public schools of Georgia are concentrated in this county and  it is currently the wealthiest and fastest growing county in the state.  There is also a city called Forsyth in Georgia and Forsyth County in North Carolina? If the source of your stats are indeed true, since the county is the wealthiest county in Georgia, thieves usually don't break into empty homes. 

It?s the first thing that comes up when you google: the city, crime rate

Panda said:
Compressed Village,
Can you please share with me the source of  where you are seeing the crime rate for Forsyth County, GA?  All the top public schools of Georgia are concentrated in this county and  it is currently the wealthiest and fastest growing county in the state.  There is also a city called Forsyth in Georgia and Forsyth County in North Carolina? If the source of your stats are indeed true, since the county is the wealthiest county in Georgia, thieves usually don't break into empty homes.

Panda said:
Compressed Village,

I did a quick searched and this is the current info I've found. I assume that this is current and relevant.

I did my business trip to GA and I mainly stayed in Buckhead and I felt completely at home. While I did travel through out GA for the integration deployment project, it did put me at several major location in GA and during my stay the people there is genuinely nice and have that southern hospitality and gone out of their way to be nice. I guess I would never thought to check the crime stats until eyephone pointed it out. So I did some checking yesterday, not sure if the datas is current.

Well, JC has much better air quality than Irvine for sure if that?s important for you (it kind of is to me).

I think we can all agree that the only perfect place to live is in heaven, where there is no theft, burglary, assault, or robbery.

Mety said:
Well, JC has much better air quality than Irvine for sure if that?s important for you (it kind of is to me).

Panda said:
I think we can all agree that the only perfect place to live is in heaven, where there is no theft, burglary, assault, or robbery.

Mety said:

Many people consider Irvine to be heaven.  I think they are as crazy as the street corner zealots holding signs that say "The End is Near", but they are all over this board.

Panda said:

Mety said:

Indeed. I would definitely consider living in JC if my job was at GA. While I'm super thankful to be living in Irvine, I actually don't like the weather and the air quality here. Well, it's really nitpicking.

Liar Loan said:
Panda said:

Mety said:

Many people consider Irvine to be heaven.  I think they are as crazy as the street corner zealots holding signs that say "The End is Near", but they are all over this board.

Irvine is not heaven for sure, but it's pretty good. If you come from where it's a lot more unorganized and dirty, Irvine offers you pretty good deals. Somewhere you can be thankful.

Mety said:
Panda said:

Mety said:

Indeed. I would definitely consider living in JC if my job was at GA. While I'm super thankful to be living in Irvine, I actually don't like the weather and the air quality here. Well, it's really nitpicking.

I guess you might like the humidity/heat in Georgia.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Panda said:

Mety said:

I like spring and fall. Also the beginning of winter. I enjoy the cold weather. I like having 4 different seasons. Dryness in Socal is annoying also. Dessert scorching almost eye-blinding sun here is pretty bothersome. Just listing things on and on... >:D

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Panda said:

Mety said:

I like spring and fall. Also the beginning of winter. I enjoy the cold weather. I like having 4 different seasons. Dryness in Socal is annoying also. Dessert scorching almost eye-blinding sun here is pretty bothersome. Just listing things on and on... >:D

Do you even know what I?m taking about?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Panda said:

Mety said:

Do you even know what I?m taking about?

The question is do YOU know what I'm talking about?

Back