Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

MSA.jpg

Here are the performance by each major city from July 2018 to July 2019. The top four performing cities year over year are #1) Nashville, TN #2) Phoenix, Arizona #3) Dallas, TX #4) Las Vegas, NV. The bottom four performers are #24 Seattle, WA (first city to show a negative appreciation number this year), #23 San Francisco, CA, #22 New York, and #21 Los Angeles. I see a trend with more and more of the east coast and midwest population migrating to the South.

In my analysis, the peak value & date is the last real estate peak before the downturn. The trough value & date is the last real estate bottom before the reversal. Who would have ever thought that a city like Nashville, Tennessee would be the #1 performer in 2019 vs least performing cities like Seattle, San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles in 2019. The cities in the bottom 4 are most likely to first see red numbers in the years ahead.

Market Analysis by James Park, Broker

My parents immigrated to the United States from South Korea when I was 5 years old. Here are some interesting stats. The total population of South Korea is right about 51 million. The world population of Koreans are actually quite small compared to the Indians (1.3B) and Chinese (1.3B). A population of 51 million would be similar to that of the total population of California and Georgia. Now, here is the different in the density of the land. The Land area / square meter of South Korean is only 17.5% of the Land area / square meter of California and Georgia combined. 

southkoreapopulation-talkirvine.jpg

@ LL,

Why did you change that snakefish post to a church photo? I'm about 85% sure you're YF now.

Mety said:
@ LL,

Why did you change that snakefish post to a church photo? I'm about 85% sure you're YF now.

I think this is the first time I've ever changed/deleted a post on TI.  Generally, I'm against "rewriting" the history of our conversations, but in this case, it was pretty off topic given that this is a narrow thread devoted to Panda's journey in real estate.  Since nobody had responded or liked the post, I didn't think it was in the right topic, and I decided it might be better to bring focus to another type of house in John's Creek - one of the many houses of God that you will find.

Panda said:
Below is a chart of the top transaction markets.

What does this tell us though?  Obviously, Atlanta is booming due to the great migration south, but Chicago and New York are suffering from population declines and struggling real estate markets, yet they rank #4 and #5 respectively.

The prior chart re: population growth is more interesting to me.  Looks like you picked the right county to invest in Panda. 

Panda said:
Atlanta real estate becomes desirable due to the lower property taxes vs 3% property taxes in Texas.

Panda - How do property taxes work in Georgia?  Is it set at the county level?  And what is the average rate?

I had looked into this a few years ago when I was analyzing some investment properties online and couldn't make sense of the property tax percentages I was seeing.

Back